EZ question: how do I immigrate?

Old Nov 4th 2001, 4:02 am
barry

Hi. After lurking for a while I decided to just come out and ask: what is the easiest
(fewest machinations required) for me to emigrate to Canada with my family? I have a
BA (sociology) and have steady work in web development (which I could take with me
and telecommute). My wife has an MS in Human Resources and is currently an employee
of a state government. We're both around 50. We have a son (12) and daughter
(9). Moving with us would be my mother-in-law (72, w/independent pension) and her
developmentally disabled cousin (60) for whom we've had guardianship for several
years. And we are all born-US citizens.

Motivation(s): -we vacation in Canada and feel safer walking the streets in most any
city after dark, unlike in the US. -the young people (in CA) we've enocuntered are,
as a rule, more sophisticated and mature, and seem better educated for their age. -US
domestic and international policies have always been a sore point, and now it seems
as if thoughtful consideration and/or discussion of policy (let alone dissent) are
grounds for marginalisation and ostracism. -my grandparents were born Canadian
citizens and, IMHO, they made a big mistake coming south. -Canada seems to more
accurately embody our "family values".

So, what would be our best path? We would be concentrating on a move to South-central
British Columbia. Thanks in advance for any advice and cautionary tales from those
who've gone before or are simply in the know. Yours, Barry Smith

Old Nov 4th 2001, 4:21 am
Andrew Miller

Barry,

EZ question to ask maybe, but much tougher to answer. Let me start from the end here
- your mother-in-law and her cousin cannot be included in your application. Only
principal applicant, dependent spouse and children under 19 (unless they are full
time students) may be included in the application. You will have to sponsor your
mother-in-law after you settle in Canada and meet sponsorship criteria. But cousin
may be found medically inadmissible to Canada.

As for your and your wife's chances you didn't provide enough details to evaluate
your chances, but I have to tell you honestly that due to your age it may be a
tough one.

You may contact me directly for free evaluation of your chances.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >