Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 12:26 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

[QUOTE=miss_mp;11806863]I've just finished filling in my online application for PR application[QUOTE] sorry I cant answer your question but how large is the PR application, how long did it take you to fill it in?
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 8:07 am
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You waiting for ECAS (qualification assessed) - if you went through WES it should take around 2 weeks from when they receive all documents
According to the company I went with who are ICAS. It states on their website it may be up to 25 weeks.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 8:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
According to the company I went with who are ICAS. It states on their website it may be up to 25 weeks.
Maybe worth applying through another company with less of a wait time? As stated above, WES is only a couple of weeks at the moment!

I know it would mean paying again, but you might be able to cancel your application via ICAS, just seems daft to wait 6 months when you could have it in a couple of weeks!
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 8:29 am
PottsyJ

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Maybe worth applying through another company with less of a wait time? As stated above, WES is only a couple of weeks at the moment!

I know it would mean paying again, but you might be able to cancel your application via ICAS, just seems daft to wait 6 months when you could have it in a couple of weeks!
Ok thanks for that christmasoompa. Ill maybe just do that. Worth it probably anyway. Especially since entry scores are low right now.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=beckiwoo;11806999][QUOTE=miss_mp;11806863]I've just finished filling in my online application for PR application
sorry I cant answer your question but how large is the PR application, how long did it take you to fill it in?
Beckiwoo, no worries. The PR application is okay. A lot of it is already pre-populated with some of the information you've already entered from your EE profile. I managed to sit down for one long afternoon and finished it, but will look over it again. Think its the gathering the supporting documents that take up the time.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 7:40 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=miss_mp;11807506][QUOTE=beckiwoo;11806999]
Originally Posted by miss_mp
I've just finished filling in my online application for PR application Beckiwoo, no worries. The PR application is okay. A lot of it is already pre-populated with some of the information you've already entered from your EE profile. I managed to sit down for one long afternoon and finished it, but will look over it again. Think its the gathering the supporting documents that take up the time.
Good to know thank you. I was expecting it to be an essay
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 9:13 pm
PottsyJ

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I started my application with WES but am now confused because it asks for institution for my HNC. Should I put the college name to where I gained this certificate or should I put the awarding body who is the Scottish Qualifications Authority?!
Old Dec 5th 2015, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the institution would be the college you gained the certificate - that's what I put on my ECA applications.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 2:16 pm
PottsyJ

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the institution would be the college you gained the certificate - that's what I put on my ECA applications.
Thanks for that. It does say that you should have the name the same as is on the certificates. Mine are from the sqa so will probably put that.
Old Dec 5th 2015, 10:24 pm
Bex in the city

Questions regarding pay stubs for proof of employment. I have all of mine across the three jobs that they want the proof for but do they really want to see every single pay stub?

I was hoping I can use the month I started working at the organisation(s) another month hakf way through and then towards the end of my time there or at my current place my most recent two pay stubs?
Old Dec 6th 2015, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

I put in pay stubs for the last 4-5 weeks since i thought they'd probably not want to see all of them. I also added the end of year tax report which i think will give a summary for the year.

Is there a size limit on the files we can upload for each document for each section? I know PDF's can have a largish file size, and wondered if they need to be compressed.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:19 pm
Bex in the city

I put in pay stubs for the last 4-5 weeks since i thought they'd probably not want to see all of them. I also added the end of year tax report which i think will give a summary for the year.

Is there a size limit on the files we can upload for each document for each section? I know PDF's can have a largish file size, and wondered if they need to be compressed.
Thanks. I've taken a range of pay checks to show, including the last pay stubs from each job.

I'm not sure on size limit but I would hope with the amount of information people are submitting it would be high enough.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I hope so too. I guess they say submit as much info as you can to support yourself. I'm trying to balance between submitting enough but not too much information, and hoping I've not missed anything that might be relevant.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:26 pm
Bex in the city

Yeah I hope so too. I guess they say submit as much info as you can to support yourself. I'm trying to balance between submitting enough but not too much information, and hoping I've not missed anything that might be relevant.

I checked on another forum about evidence of employment and as long as you have the reference letter with all infomation required then it is fine. The issues is if you don't have that or in my case one old HR dept decided to shortened the draft letter I wrote and left out most of the job description as they said they didn't wnat the letter to go over a page!!!!

In the case then it's paystubs, T4s, contracts and job advertisement/job description as proof.
Old Dec 6th 2015, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ah I see, that's good to know. That save a lot of work if they do include all that info. Unfortunately some of mine don't have everything on - like salaries since its such a long time ago, so have to do a bit more work to fill in the gaps. Hard when you've not kept pay stubs/ tax letters from over 10 years ago :-/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.