Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Mar 25th 2015, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Question time!

With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree. Max Points: 50

Foreign work experience – With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) Max Points: 50

Does the experience need to be skilled? Doesn't specifically mention skilled work, just says "work experience"

I'm guessing it has to be skilled... otherwise it would be a bit of a pointless question as I'm sure most people would have multiple years of experience (at least foreign work experience), unless you've spent most of your life out of work.

Looks like my points break down just took a hit of 62pts (506 down to 444) because I initially gave myself points for Foreign Work Experience, when I didn't anticipate that it needed to be skilled.

Sigh...
Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it needs to have a NOC code of 0, A or B to count.

You can look up any jobs you've had here... maybe you'll find something that matches.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Yes, it needs to have a NOC code of 0, A or B to count.

You can look up any jobs you've had here... maybe you'll find something that matches.
Cool - thanks. Yeah, I know the codes for all my jobs and what is/isn't skilled.

Initially I had given myself 506 based on having Foreign Work Experience (because it didn't specify skilled) but that's now dropped to 444 based on the skilled requirement. Should have thought about this earlier, but never mind.

So I need it to drop by another 40 points!
Old Mar 28th 2015, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

New draw yesterday... 1637 people were invited with a point score of 453!

EE Ministerial Instructions
Old Mar 30th 2015, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if the Canadian Work Experience used in the "Adaptability" portion of the FSW Eligibility criteria (i.e. 67pts out of 100 requirement) has to be within the past 3 years?

If you look at the criteria here: Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers it says "Your past work in Canada: You did at least one year of full-time work in Canada in a occupation listed in Skill Type O or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and with a valid work permit or while authorized to work in Canada."

Yet when you take the 'Come to Canada Wizard' (which seemingly you have to do in order to get a 'reference' number for Express Entry) it only asks about Canadian work experience in the past 3 years.

It's worth 10 points. My experience wasn't in the past 3 years, so the wizard won't give me enough eligibility points for EE-FSW (66 w/o, 76 with), but the link above clearly doesn't specify in the last 3 years, and I've also spoken to an immigration lawyer who doesn't think it needs to be in the last 3 years..
Old Mar 30th 2015, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Received my ITA Saturday morning, scraping in with the minimum 453.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by waltsdog
Received my ITA Saturday morning, scraping in with the minimum 453.
Great news! Congrats.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:17 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

So today (exactly 4 weeks after we submitted our EE application) we received an email from CIC.....cue palpitations when I saw it in my inbox.

It asked for us to upload original scans (even though we did in the first instance) of both of our CELPIP results and a further scan of our 'use of a representative form. I promptly did this and now wait impatiently for a further email saying our application is complete and ready for processing

At this point, I am pleased it's even being looked at
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
It asked for us to upload original scans (even though we did in the first instance) of both of our CELPIP results and a further scan of our 'use of a representative form.
I'm guessing they are suffering from data loss after the application has been submitted, in the same way that previously-entered and saved data on the online forms magically disappears between logins...

Some of my PDF files also upload FAR too quickly, so I suspect they are empty when they open them (ie they fail to actually upload).

Their online form is pretty poor for both of the above. It doesn't say much for their data security.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:26 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by withabix
I'm guessing they are suffering from data loss after the application has been submitted, in the same way that previously-entered and saved data on the online forms magically disappears between logins...

Some of my PDF files also upload FAR too quickly, so I suspect they are empty when they open them (ie they fail to actually upload).

Their online form is pretty poor for both of the above. It doesn't say much for their data security.
Yep, every time I logged in to upload new pieces of information before submission there was always something missing. Like I said though......I'm just pleased it actually being looked at
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:04 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
So today (exactly 4 weeks after we submitted our EE application) we received an email from CIC.....cue palpitations when I saw it in my inbox.

It asked for us to upload original scans (even though we did in the first instance) of both of our CELPIP results and a further scan of our 'use of a representative form. I promptly did this and now wait impatiently for a further email saying our application is complete and ready for processing

At this point, I am pleased it's even being looked at
We (or rather my husband) were never even asked for language results...although he did give a reference right at the very beginning of the profile. Hmm... Puzzled face!

I take it they've taken your money though for app processing?
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:59 am
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
We (or rather my husband) were never even asked for language results...although he did give a reference right at the very beginning of the profile. Hmm... Puzzled face!

I take it they've taken your money though for app processing?
Now you mention it.....maybe this was just a request for results as we didn't upload them previously...duh! But yes they have taken the fee
Old Mar 31st 2015, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Prolifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond reputeProlifix has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone please calculate my amount of points based on the following details:

-I am under 30.
-Possess 4 years of full time work experience in a NOC A level position (Translator).
-Have a masters degree in law.
-Perfect English (but no French).
-Single, with no dependants.

I tried to calculate the points myself but I could not figure out which categories recounted points from other categories.

If anyone could do this I would greatly appreciate it, because otherwise I am looking for an LMIA or PNP once I get to Canada.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 6:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prolifix
Could someone please calculate my amount of points based on the following details:

-I am under 30.
-Possess 4 years of full time work experience in a NOC A level position (Translator).
-Have a masters degree in law.
-Perfect English (but no French).
-Single, with no dependants.

I tried to calculate the points myself but I could not figure out which categories recounted points from other categories.

If anyone could do this I would greatly appreciate it, because otherwise I am looking for an LMIA or PNP once I get to Canada.
There are other factors to the CRS and your info above is too vague, so you'll need to do it yourself I'm afraid as we don't know enough about you.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but the points are laid out clearly so have a look here and tot them up -
Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria

HTH, good luck.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 6:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There are other factors to the CRS and your info above is too vague, so you'll need to do it yourself I'm afraid as we don't know enough about you.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but the points are laid out clearly so have a look here and tot them up -
Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria

HTH, good luck.

1. Remember it is a 2 step process. First you have to ensure that you are eligible by completing the form here: Do you want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant? You have to score 67/100 to be eligible. Use 6 across the board for language, will give you 16 points,
2. Then to complete a EE profile you require the ECA for your degree and your actual IELTs score. You can do a rough calculation here: Express Entry CRS Calculator: Calculate Your Points for Canadian Immigration Express Entry Pool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.