Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

crazycooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Hi yes just setting up a profile, we should be in Canada when applying. My wife is waiting on a study permit for September thanks
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:43 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Supremo

It would therefore make most sense to set up a profile as soon as possible whilst waiting to accrue Canadian work experience (thus giving me a higher points total).
You might be sitting in the pool for awhile if you are under 450 points.

Also your EE profile will expire after 12 months so waiting to input 12 months of work experience will mean you will have to create a new profile.

Why don't you wait until you have the 12 months as you don't even know if you are going to want to stay out there.

Remember for FSW you need your education assessed and language test and the latter only lasts for 2 years

Last edited by beckiwoo; Feb 21st 2016 at 4:45 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Becki raises a good point about profile expiry.

If it were me, I'd probably create the profile anyway (you need a language test result).
And then do another if I liked Canada that much, after expiry of the first.
You never know: you might have enough points and get lucky.

Some PNP programs look for candidates with a certain score or more and then offer them the chance of applying for a provincial nomination. In addition, some PNP programs are linked to EE, requiring a profile for an application.

S
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You might be sitting in the pool for awhile if you are under 450 points.

Also your EE profile will expire after 12 months so waiting to input 12 months of work experience will mean you will have to create a new profile.

Why don't you wait until you have the 12 months as you don't even know if you are going to want to stay out there.

Remember for FSW you need your education assessed and language test and the latter only lasts for 2 years
Would I not need these assessments if I applied via CEC? I thought I had to get the assessments regardless?

For all intents and purposes isn't the FSW and CEC effectively the same process?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to do a little more reading and research to understand the differences/similarities between the Express Entry streams.

How Express Entry works

S
Old Feb 21st 2016, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

Would I not need these assessments if I applied via CEC? I thought I had to get the assessments regardless?

For all intents and purposes isn't the FSW and CEC effectively the same process?
You cannot choose which scheme to apply under. your ITA is issued with the scheme you have been selected for.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:12 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

No and I agree with Snowy. I think more research is needed.

You don't need your education assessed for CEC but if you want the points then you will have to. Most people I know have as its required for FSW and gives you more chances of being selected for either.

CEC and FSW although they require a lot of the same documentation when you get ITA, some areas are different. (Such as financial proof, employment letters)
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johntheScot
You cannot choose which scheme to apply under. your ITA is issued with the scheme you have been selected for.
I also believe that they check your eligibility against the programs in a certain order (FSW, FST & then CEC, I think). So if you qualify for FSW, you're always going to be invited to apply under that program, regardless if you also qualify for any others.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

That would be consistent with my situation as I am eligible FSW and CEC but was given an ITA for FSW.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

waltsdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck submitting docs through the 'Case Specific Enquiry' form?
Managed to screw up my EE medical as it has less than 6 months left and I hadn't noticed the rule change as of Jan when I submitted on Friday. Can re-do and send it in this week but it seems likely it'll get rejected due to my own carelessness.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cant see what harm you would do be resending it with a note explaining the situation.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 6:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waltsdog
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck submitting docs through the 'Case Specific Enquiry' form?
Managed to screw up my EE medical as it has less than 6 months left and I hadn't noticed the rule change as of Jan when I submitted on Friday. Can re-do and send it in this week but it seems likely it'll get rejected due to my own carelessness.
What rule change?

The case specific enquiries usually works, so hopefully it will for you, good luck.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What rule change?

The case specific enquiries usually works, so hopefully it will for you, good luck.
Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check
I could be wrong and maybe it was always like this, but I'm sure that last year you could submit a profile and be called for a medical or update it later.

Last edited by waltsdog; Feb 23rd 2016 at 12:47 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 12:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waltsdog
I could be wrong and maybe it was always like this, but I'm sure that last year you could submit a profile and be called for a medical or update it later.
You submit a profile without a medical now, the medical isn't requested until after you actually receive an ITA.

The medical must be less than a year old when you 'land' to activate PR anyway, so normally people don't have their medical until it's needed. Did you have yours done when you submitted a profile and now you've got an ITA? Sorry, I'm just not sure which stage you're at.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I'm using the wrong terminology, I've received an ITA and submitted the complete application (well not quite obviously).
I had my medical done last year (June) for a previous application and used that one when I provided all my docs on and submitted on Friday. I didn't notice the 6 months rule.
I knew I would have to get another one done as it needs to be in date for landing, just screwed up the timing.
Anyway I shall give the case specific enquiry a whirl, worst case I'll have to do another profile, not an insurmountable problem just a pain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.