Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry PR / CEC - Employment Records a few questions

Express Entry PR / CEC - Employment Records a few questions

Old Apr 14th 2019, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

jm_5671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry PR / CEC - Employment Records a few questions

I'm a British Citizen living and working in Canada under IEC 2 yr VISA. I have just received an ITA from Canadian Experience Class and I am filling in my application.

I have a couple of questions about my employment records:

1) Can someone confirm that I only need to list my positions that match the job code I am applying for? Originally I listed my entire career including job codes in the work history section and this resulted in them requesting a letter of employment from all my employers. I've adjusted it to reflect just my most recent period (4 years or so), including all jobs that match my job code.

2) My job is listed under category B, just how many years experience do I require?

3) I had one position (here in Canada), that I was actually fired from (eeeek!) after just 7 weeks. It was a really bad fit and obviously didn't leave on the best of terms. I soon found another job and should have enough time in my other positions to make the experience requirements for CEC. Can I remove this position from my work history and not request a letter of my Employment Records with them? I will still include this position and subsequent unemployment on my personal history.

4) I quit my final job working for company X in the UK before moving to Canada, however I actually started working for them again as a contractor briefly for a few months when I moved here. I was employed by an agency, Company X paid the agency and then the agency paid me. The job was essentially identical to what I was doing before, it was full-time. How should I ask them to explain this on the employment records? Should I request that my letter from Company X mentions my initial employment then subsequent work as a contractor? Or should I get two separate letters, one from 'Company X' and a second from the agency

These are quite specific, can anyone help?

Cheers!!