Express Entry First Draw

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:14 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Did it ask you for the places you have ever visited outside of your own country since you were 18?

How to you do that one if you have had multiple trips to Europe and no date stamps. Do they want the exact dates you entered and exited each country?
Unfortunately yes and unlike the old paper application that only asks for year and month, EE is asking for year, month and day of trips outside of your country of origin so even that is excruciatingly harder
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

mbgirlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Effective end of CEC? Sounds a bit ridiculous to be honest. That average is bound to change throughout the year given how much harder it appears to be to get an approved LMIA. Also, without looking into it, I imagine PNP routes still have a cap so once those caps are reached there will be less apps at the top end. Then again, who am I to say... I just tend to guess at this particular process.

Anyone else think that 779 is a bit of a low number considering the overall goal to attract 200k new immigrants to Canada in 2015?
I actually don't think 779 is low at all. Don't forget the 200k is from all streams. the EE doesn't include all steams. If you take into account that about 80k are going to be PNP nominees that only leaves 120k from all other classes including EE.

Also many PNP applicants are still doing the paper applications because of the EE being new many PNP applicants don't want to bother with one more step when in the end it may not be faster if they have to wait for a ITA also the fact that the PNP nomination has an expiration date means many did not want to risk spending time trying to get an ITA only to have to apply on paper anyway if they don't get the ITA on time. So, I don't think you can factor many PNP applicants into the first few rounds of ITA.

Last edited by mbgirlfriend; Feb 2nd 2015 at 10:35 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:36 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
Unfortunately yes and unlike the old paper application that only asks for year and month, EE is asking for year, month and day of trips outside of your country of origin so even that is excruciatingly harder

There is no way people will know all of that. Passport stamps will help for outside Europe but for trips in Europe. What do they expect that you have kept all your travel documentation from when you were 18?

It's completely ridiculous, what happens if you on,y have the month and the year, which would be more appropriate?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:38 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
There is no way people will know all of that. Passport stamps will help for outside Europe but for trips in Europe. What do they expect that you have kept all your travel documentation from when you were 18?

It's completely ridiculous, what happens if you on,y have the month and the year, which would be more appropriate?
I honestly have no idea what the majority of people will do, it seems like a good filtering device by CIC to be honest
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

For your travel outside the UK, you can do a Subject Access Request for 10 quid.

Someone has posted a link somewhere...
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
For your travel outside the UK, you can do a Subject Access Request for 10 quid.

Someone has posted a link somewhere...
yes me:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11552049
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:30 pm
Happy in Alberta

Unfortunately for me, all the dates I need are from trips within Europe but thanks for that information
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbgirlfriend
I actually don't think 779 is low at all. Don't forget the 200k is from all streams. the EE doesn't include all steams. If you take into account that about 80k are going to be PNP nominees that only leaves 120k from all other classes including EE.

Also many PNP applicants are still doing the paper applications because of the EE being new many PNP applicants don't want to bother with one more step when in the end it may not be faster if they have to wait for a ITA also the fact that the PNP nomination has an expiration date means many did not want to risk spending time trying to get an ITA only to have to apply on paper anyway if they don't get the ITA on time. So, I don't think you can factor many PNP applicants into the first few rounds of ITA.
Not quite sure where you're getting those numbers from.... Notice – Supplementary Information to the 2015 Immigration Levels Plan

779 isn't low if they make draws more than once a week (though obviously you'll have to factor in numbers for each route within that, which we can't see). Depends what they define as "regular draws"
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately for me, all the dates I need are from trips within Europe but thanks for that information
Ahh yes that's unfortunate, would probably only help with when you ultimately returned to the UK, assuming when they scan your passport it saves that info somewhere (I'm totally guessing with that). I'm sure I've read on this forum that ballpark dates are acceptable... though don't quote me on that. Do you not know the months atleast of where you were?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:52 pm
Happy in Alberta

Ahh yes that's unfortunate, would probably only help with when you ultimately returned to the UK, assuming when they scan your passport it saves that info somewhere (I'm totally guessing with that). I'm sure I've read on this forum that ballpark dates are acceptable... though don't quote me on that. Do you not know the months atleast of where you were?
Yes I think I'm pretty much as close with days as I can get an obviously month is exactly right. I have also added a letter of explanation to explain that the days might not match 100% to anything official they find. There has to be some le-way.....I hope
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:42 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think I'm pretty much as close with days as I can get an obviously month is exactly right. I have also added a letter of explanation to explain that the days might not match 100% to anything official they find. There has to be some le-way.....I hope
I would hope so.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Not quite sure where you're getting those numbers from.... Notice – Supplementary Information to the 2015 Immigration Levels Plan

779 isn't low if they make draws more than once a week (though obviously you'll have to factor in numbers for each route within that, which we can't see). Depends what they define as "regular draws"
But you also have to factor in all the paper applications they still have to process in these categories. I don't think there has been a realistic idea on how this will factor in. There are paper applications going back years and likely enough of them to make those target numbers of immigrants for the next few years. I honestly think this backlog is going to take at least a year (and I am being optimistic about the one year thing) to catch up on and that for a while the amount that get ITA will be low, only the best of the best will get ITA. They will likely be processing a much greater percentage of paper applications than EE applications for a while.

I don't see the new EE system speeding up the process from beginning (setting up a profile) to end (getting PR) for a few years. The majority of people will just spend more time waiting for a ITA. This system will be more efficient for applicants a few years but for now it will only be an effective way to slow down the amount of applications coming in while they play catch up . It takes time for new systems to actually do what they are suppose too, sometimes years.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 4:38 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbgirlfriend
But you also have to factor in all the paper applications they still have to process in these categories. I don't think there has been a realistic idea on how this will factor in. There are paper applications going back years and likely enough of them to make those target numbers of immigrants for the next few years. I honestly think this backlog is going to take at least a year (and I am being optimistic about the one year thing) to catch up on and that for a while the amount that get ITA will be low, only the best of the best will get ITA. They will likely be processing a much greater percentage of paper applications than EE applications for a while.

I don't see the new EE system speeding up the process from beginning (setting up a profile) to end (getting PR) for a few years. The majority of people will just spend more time waiting for a ITA. This system will be more efficient for applicants a few years but for now it will only be an effective way to slow down the amount of applications coming in while they play catch up . It takes time for new systems to actually do what they are suppose too, sometimes years.
Tbf nobody knows anything. It's all conjecture for a good long while....
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Tbf nobody knows anything. It's all conjecture for a good long while....

I am coming to this conclusion based on a logical look at the facts. That is not conjecture that is called making an educated guess. I am a positive person but I also think not being realistic about the timeline to get ITA will only set people up for frustration.

Just looking at the CIC last updated timelines for processing applications tells you that they are years behind on paper application. The very first draw is even evidence that they are only taking on a small percent of EE applicatins. If they want to processes about 75K (that is the aproximate number from the link provided) under the steams now applied for by EE (CEC, FSW, FSTP) then they need to be making up for that low number from the EE by processing paper applications (and they have an abundance of those).

Basically CIC needs to slow the flow of applications down to a trickle in order to bail themselves out of the backlog they have. The new EE system is a great way of slowing it while not turning it off completely. It gives them the ability to still let strong applicants in.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

There are supposed to be 25 draws in 2015.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.