Express Entry First Draw

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 4:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry First Draw

Originally Posted by jimbo0000
i am hoping that ielts scores police certs medicals and college certification would take all scores up to a good mark
You don't need a medical yet, you haven't had it done already have you? Your police check won't do anything for points either.

What do you score on the CRS?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:25 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gwoodhouse
Is there a list somewhere of which tick boxes award what points value?

We're currently just over 400 points for FSW - but my partner hasn't had his qualifications checked yet, we don't have a job offer or any Canadian work experience.

Could anyone tell me what those values might add to my application? I assumed 400 was a respectable score but noticed the draw in Feb was 735 at it's lowest, so we're a long way off
A valid offer of employment is 600 points I think. There is a list of point values, I just googled it!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by sms1984
A valid offer of employment is 600 points I think. There is a list of point values, I just googled it!

You can calculate your points here: Express Entry CRS Calculator: Calculate Your Points for Canadian Immigration Express Entry Pool
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

gwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

You're right - it is publicly accessible - I (for some reason) assumed that it wouldn't be. **edit** I remember now why I didn't think it was public information - because they don't include it in the question marks by each value!

Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria

Looks like if I get a job offer, my points would be around 1000 so I'd have no trouble. But of course, it would take 6 months after applying for the process to be finalised.

Last edited by gwoodhouse; Mar 24th 2015 at 11:09 am.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like if I get a job offer, my points would be around 1000 so I'd have no trouble. But of course, it would take 6 months after applying for the process to be finalised.
Yes, but of course you could just go over on a TWP whilst awaiting PR via EE. At least that way your potential employer wouldn't have to wait so long for you to start work.

HTH, good luck.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mr Oompa

Yes, I think at this points that's the plan.

With a valid job offer, I can apply for a TWP and be in the country working within 2 months as I'll be applying via the London Office (I don't think most employers would wait 6 months+).

If my FSW get's picked up at the same time, hopefully it'll be finished and ready within 6 months. So should mean only 4 months of me being the sole earner until my partner can work.

That's how it all stacks up in my head anyway! Here's hoping it all goes to plan!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Mr Oompa
Mrs Oompa - note the pink symbol next to the name!

With a valid job offer, I can apply for a TWP and be in the country working within 2 months as I'll be applying via the London Office (I don't think most employers would wait 6 months+).
No need to even do that if you're a UK citizen, why not just get your TWP at the airport when you arrive as most do? That would save your employer waiting those 2 months.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Mrs Oompa - note the pink symbol next to the name!

No need to even do that if you're a UK citizen, why not just get your TWP at the airport when you arrive as most do? That would save your employer waiting those 2 months.
Whoops! Sorry Didn't notice the symbol - isn't that a male OompaLoompa in your picture? Or do they all look the same... You know what? I feel like I may be asking the wrong questions...

You can get a TWP at the airport? Didn't see information on *that*. Guess it's back to the cic website :/ here it says usually you need to apply outside of Canada?

Ah, I've found this page here which says that you can apply as you enter the country! Seems a little riskier!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Whoops! Sorry Didn't notice the symbol - isn't that a male OompaLoompa in your picture? Or do they all look the same... You know what? I feel like I may be asking the wrong questions...
I don't recall any female Oompa's now you mention it! But yes, possibly not what we're supposed to be focusing on......

Ah, I've found this page here which says that you can apply as you enter the country! Seems a little riskier!
That's how 90% on the forum do it, and even if you apply via London you don't get the actual TWP until you get to the airport. Info in the Wiki of course! TWP : Where to apply-Canada : British Expat Wiki

HTH.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dishwashing
I held off once too despite my initial intention. Are you thinking of putting in for it now? Am hoping score won't bounce upwards the next time
Sent off for my ECA yesterday. Long overdue. Should have just taken the hit and applied as soon as I knew I was eligible. Easy to say that now.

Just gotta keep positive that the score will stay below 600. I suspect, as it seems others do, that the score will fluctuate.

However, the thing for me is that at least we know it CAN drop below 600. If you asked me before this draw, I was not very optimistic that it would ever drop this low.

Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 24th 2015, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Sent off for my ECA yesterday. Long overdue. Should have just taken the hit and applied as soon as I knew I was eligible. Easy to say that now.

Just gotta keep positive that the score will stay below 600. I suspect, as it seems others do, that the score will fluctuate.

However, the thing for me is that at least we know it CAN drop below 600. If you asked me before this draw, I was not very optimistic that it would ever drop this low.

Fingers crossed!
I sent my ECA stuff off to WES a short while ago and it's currently looking as though they may be processing faster than the slated 20 days.

I personally think that the next couple of scores may stay just out of reach for the majority of non-LMIA/PNP people, around 500, simply because everybody is now excited that they can achieve a sub-600 points that will get accepted and are completing their applications in a hurry. There is always the ongoing number of people who are getting their LMIAs & PNP coming through, so it just depends on those numbers really. I'm hoping that there will be a few opportunities for mid-400 people by May time, and then lower as the year goes by.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I sent my ECA stuff off to WES a short while ago and it's currently looking as though they may be processing faster than the slated 20 days.

I personally think that the next couple of scores may stay just out of reach for the majority of non-LMIA/PNP people, around 500, simply because everybody is now excited that they can achieve a sub-600 points that will get accepted and are completing their applications in a hurry. There is always the ongoing number of people who are getting their LMIAs & PNP coming through, so it just depends on those numbers really. I'm hoping that there will be a few opportunities for mid-400 people by May time, and then lower as the year goes by.
Pretty much what I'm hoping/expecting. Good luck.