Express Entry Confusion

Old Apr 14th 2015, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

NineTails is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express Entry Confusion

I was looking to move over to canada about a year ago under the federal skilled workers program. I'm a 28 year software engineer with 5 years continuous experience under my belt. English is my native language, my degree is of the same equivalent in Canada (uk 3 year uni degree).

Before, when I looked into I was eligible for the FSW express entry, but now according to the eligibility tool, it tells me I am not eligible.

Has the requirements changed or something?

I really want to move over.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Confusion

Originally Posted by NineTails
I was looking to move over to canada about a year ago under the federal skilled workers program. I'm a 28 year software engineer with 5 years continuous experience under my belt. English is my native language, my degree is of the same equivalent in Canada (uk 3 year uni degree).

Before, when I looked into I was eligible for the FSW express entry, but now according to the eligibility tool, it tells me I am not eligible.

Has the requirements changed or something?

I really want to move over.
You have to have 67pts from 100 for the initial eligibility.

Check this:
Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers
Old Apr 14th 2015, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

The eligibility tool can give out spurious answers.

Check your answers carefully and try a different browser.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you sat an English test? Also have you put in the correct amount of funds needed. That's where mine was ineligible. Minimum required for the 3 of us was $19000. I thought because I had approved job offer that I wouldn't need POF but I read it wrong only people already working or permitted to work in Canada don't need POF.
Have you got an ECA report for you credentials I know you said it was the same.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
The eligibility tool can give out spurious answers.

Check your answers carefully and try a different browser.
There are also issues over the Canadian work experience part of the wizard. It asks about Canadian experience within the past 3 years (to check eligibility for CEC) but doesn't ask about Canadian work experience at any other time (You miss out on 10 points for your 67/100 if you have Canadian experience of more than 1 year, but that wasn't in the past 3 years).

Easiest way is to do all your calculations manually (or with an online calculator - there are lots around) to establish your eligibility, and then basically ignore the wizard when it says you're ineligible. You have to fill the wizard out before you start your EE profile online, but as far as I'm aware, it shouldn't 'stop' you from submitting a profile. (Although I can't confirm, cos I haven't got that far yet.)

I'm gonna have to give them a call if it does throw an error out, though, because without the 10pts, it puts me below 67pts, and therefore 'inelgible' for EE (even though I should be).
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

when I went to fill out EE I took the eligibility test at the beginning I found it was better than the Canada wizard one it allowed me to input less than 6 months or more than 6 months Canadian work experience. So it might be better to just go to my CIC and start a profile. I submitted one to see which came back ineligible. But I now know what I need to do.