Experts- please help!

Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Experts- please help!

I am Canadian and my husband is American. I mailed the application about two weeks ago.
We applied from outside Canada, my husband would stay in States until he get his PR and the file will be processed in Buffalo.

If my husband wants to come to Canada and stay here with me until he gets his PR, do we need to change our application to inland sponsorship?
If he comes, does he need to advice those at the boarder about it and would then give him visitor visa right away. I understand that he would need to renew his visa every six month.
Does he need to advice the immigration that his mailing address will be the one in Canada, or can he still have his mailing address in States.
I would really appreciate your comment.
Thank you all in advance.

Jassy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:30 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experts- please help!

[QUOTE=Jassy]I am Canadian and my husband is American. I mailed the application about two weeks ago.
We applied from outside Canada, my husband would stay in States until he get his PR and the file will be processed in Buffalo.

If my husband wants to come to Canada and stay here with me until he gets his PR, do we need to change our application to inland sponsorship?
If he comes, does he need to advice those at the boarder about it and would then give him visitor visa right away. I understand that he would need to renew his visa every six month.
Does he need to advice the immigration that his mailing address will be the one in Canada, or can he still have his mailing address in States.
I would really appreciate your comment.
Thank you all in advance.

It will be OK for your husband to come to Canada with you but do keep his status legal - he will get up to 6 months permitted stay when he enters and if he does not leave by that time you will have to apply (early) for an extension). It will normally be granted without problems.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your answer, but can he still bring his belongings and have my address as permanent address?
Its just that if he is in Canada with me, do we have to apply Inland or we have choice Inland or outside Canada.
Thank you again.

Jassy
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jassy
Thank you for your answer, but can he still bring his belongings and have my address as permanent address?
Its just that if he is in Canada with me, do we have to apply Inland or we have choice Inland or outside Canada.
Thank you again.

Jassy
He can come no problem and change his "home" address to your address in Canada. You will not have to change to an Inland application and his application will continue as normal. you just have to maintain a "legal" status for him in Canada, which basically means keeping to the terms of his visitor status... In terms of bringing his belongings, I guess it might depend on how much stuff he has. Is he planning on bringing a lorry full of stuff or just a few boxes, you might have problems coming on "holiday" to Canada in a lorry full of furniture???
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Experts- please help!

Thank you very much for your answer.
We would not bring too much belonging anyway, just clothes and computer. You know this information makes me really happy.
Thank you again.

Jassy