Experts - Please advise

Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:25 am
Lyles

Default Experts - Please advise

Can someone please advise me on this matter. A friend is considering apply as a Skilled Worker. She is has been seperated from her husband for approximately two years. They have eight year old twins and they have lived with the mother since the seperation. She does not wish to delay the application until the decree nisi is granted, if and when divorce papers are filed.

Are there any legal reasons why she would not be granted a visa based on the fact that she intends to emigrate with her children, but not her husband?

Would it make a difference if she submitted the application after the divorce was finalised?

Would she need written consent from her husband agreeing to her taking the children with her? Would this apply if she was divorced?

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks,

Lyles

Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:00 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experts - Please advise

With or without a divorce (nisi or absolute) she would need her husbands permission to emigrate with the children. If the husband refuses she can go to court and ask a judge to allow it.
I would advise her to ask her husband to write a letter of consent (ideally witnessed by her solicitor) as the first step.
I would also go ahead with the application as you can add the permission later.
HTH but i'm not an expert so please do not take this as gospel, i was however in a similar situation and it's what i did.
A more informed expert will no doubt answer sooner or later.

good luck
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:38 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Divorced or not she will have to have either a notarized consent from children's father to take them permanently to Canada or a court order giving her that permission.

Originally Posted by Lyles
Can someone please advise me on this matter. A friend is considering apply as a Skilled Worker. She is has been seperated from her husband for approximately two years. They have eight year old twins and they have lived with the mother since the seperation. She does not wish to delay the application until the decree nisi is granted, if and when divorce papers are filed.

Are there any legal reasons why she would not be granted a visa based on the fact that she intends to emigrate with her children, but not her husband?

Would it make a difference if she submitted the application after the divorce was finalised?

Would she need written consent from her husband agreeing to her taking the children with her? Would this apply if she was divorced?

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks,

Lyles
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:27 pm
Lyles

Many thanks. My thinking was along these lines. At least I have something to back up my belief with now.

Thanks again,

Lyles

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Divorced or not she will have to have either a notarized consent from children's father to take them permanently to Canada or a court order giving her that permission.