Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Experts advice- Schedule 1 Section 9 Point 3

Experts advice- Schedule 1 Section 9 Point 3

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

TheMapleLeaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Experts advice- Schedule 1 Section 9 Point 3

Experts I need your advice.

It is regrading the 3rd point of Schedule 1's section 9.

I had once applied for student visa to US which was denied. I need to know as to what should I fill in this 3rd point a YES or a NO.

My passport has the US Consulates application received (with date) stamp on it. The stamp does not say anything else (refused etc.) and there is no other visa denied marking from US consulate.

Does it mean that I should checkmark YES and provide the explaination in the form OR I should checkmark NO and go on with the application.

I would appreciate if you could take out time to read that part and advice me. I would appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experts advice- Schedule 1 Section 9 Point 3

Hi

Originally Posted by TheMapleLeaf
Experts I need your advice.

It is regrading the 3rd point of Schedule 1's section 9.

I had once applied for student visa to US which was denied. I need to know as to what should I fill in this 3rd point a YES or a NO.

My passport has the US Consulates application received (with date) stamp on it. The stamp does not say anything else (refused etc.) and there is no other visa denied marking from US consulate.

Does it mean that I should checkmark YES and provide the explaination in the form OR I should checkmark NO and go on with the application.

I would appreciate if you could take out time to read that part and advice me. I would appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks!
State yes, and explain. If you mark No, then you have lied and CIC knows what the "application received" means and then you have started down the slippery slope.

PMM
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

State yes, and explain. If you mark No, then you have lied and CIC knows what the "application received" means and then you have started down the slippery slope.

PMM
Thanks a lot for your super prompt reply. Just wondering what if I do not send the photocopy of that particular Passport page with US consulate stamp. How will the CIC ever know?
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks a lot for your super prompt reply. Just wondering what if I do not send the photocopy of that particular Passport page with US consulate stamp. How will the CIC ever know?
Your choice, but read this:

Warning: It is an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to knowingly make a false or misleading statement in support of an application for permanent residence in Canada. Doing so can result in a two-year ban from entering Canada.

PMM
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:16 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you even consider hiding this information and subsequently lie on the application??!!! It just blows my mind!!!

Disclose it fully and explain - it won't harm your case in any way. But if you don't then you may regret it for years to come.

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew, PMM for your kind advices. Actually in the beginning I was a bit confused interpreting the words and my situation (temporary resident, refusal etc.). Now I will definitely disclose the facts and provide the explanation in my application. You are right, it would be foolish not to do so; especially when thinking that I got my Canadian student visa when I had already disclosed them this fact. Honesty IS the best policy!

I think CIC understands such issues and would not be affected by the whimsical decisions of US in the past....everyone knows US policies are based on decisions of JERKS!

Thanks for your help.