March 18th AOR - London

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future
Default March 18th AOR - London

Morning,

Not the 'Got It' post we would all like to see................... but info at least.

I contacted CHC London to find out if we should apply for a new work visa for my wife, who has been offered a perm job here. As our current one expires at the end of October 2005 (it's non extendable) and this was the reply:

Please be advised that your file is due to be screened in the next
3-6 months.
Processing may take a further 6 months once screened. If you wish to
remain in Canada. You should regularize your status with a work permit.
Your file will not be prioritized unless the principal applicant has a
valid work permit.'

I suppose rules is rules is rules!!.................. looks like we will have to add to someone elses work load and get a new work permit. Its such a shame my wife isn't the principle applicant!!....................... but it was hard to predict 15 months ago who would be in the better position. I think I will get an open work permit anyway as the spouse of an Occupational Therapist? Can anyone advise on this?

Mike