Wikiposts

Ex Military Service

Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:38 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: Ex Military Service

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Re: Ex Military personnel - Did you know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the email I received if others wish to apply for their certificate too. Just phone the number and they will give you an email address to send a copy of your passport to. Then they will send you the cartificate.

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

British military certificate of non-conviction

Ex-serving members of the British military can obtain a certificate of non-conviction which covers time spent in the services overseas and in the UK. Applications should be made in writing to the address given below.
Criminal Justice Office
Service Police Crime Bureau
Bassett-Wilson Bldg
Southwick Park
Fareham
Hampshire
PO17 6EJ
Tel: 023 92285243 Fax: 023 92285244
Thats a great bit of info, i am still serving and will be until 30th June next year, but once i get LOA i want to apply for PR straight away. I take it i can still apply while i am serving? My terminal date is 30th June 2013.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Thats a great bit of info, i am still serving and will be until 30th June next year, but once i get LOA i want to apply for PR straight away. I take it i can still apply while i am serving? My terminal date is 30th June 2013.
From your sig it appears you are applying under the Manitoba PNP. Basically you will get a letter from MPNP if accepted and the application for PR status is activated once you arrive in Canada.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 2:48 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

From your sig it appears you are applying under the Manitoba PNP. Basically you will get a letter from MPNP if accepted and the application for PR status is activated once you arrive in Canada.
Hi, thanks, yip know that, what i am worried about is submitting my application after my LOA from MPNP while i am still serving. As i see it they are not going to issue a visa while i am still serving in the UK military. I was wondering if submitting a letter from my commanding officer with my PR application, that states my terminal date from the service?

Cheers

Andrew
Old Oct 19th 2012, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks, yip know that, what i am worried about is submitting my application after my LOA from MPNP while i am still serving. As i see it they are not going to issue a visa while i am still serving in the UK military. I was wondering if submitting a letter from my commanding officer with my PR application, that states my terminal date from the service?

Cheers

Andrew
Read this link as MPNP has different ways of going about PR status. I see persons who are either in possession of COPR forms usually approved applicants or those with letters of nomination who start off with a work permit and then do the application for PR status once here.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...te/processing/

Having a letter from your CO showing final date of release might help.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 6:50 am
Andrew

Read this link as MPNP has different ways of going about PR status. I see persons who are either in possession of COPR forms usually approved applicants or those with letters of nomination who start off with a work permit and then do the application for PR status once here.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...te/processing/

Having a letter from your CO showing final date of release might help.
Hi, thanks for the info, not worried about any part of the PNP process only the main application after nomination. My concern is that becuse i do not formally leave the military until June 30th 2013, will this have any bearingon issue of visa from the London office, i think as you said, i will add an additional document from my Commanding Officer confirming my discharge date.

Thanks Again

Andrew
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi, thanks for the info, not worried about any part of the PNP process only the main application after nomination. My concern is that becuse i do not formally leave the military until June 30th 2013, will this have any bearingon issue of visa from the London office, i think as you said, i will add an additional document from my Commanding Officer confirming my discharge date.

Thanks Again

Andrew
Not needed. CIC will process the application in its own time, and will issue the COPR when complete, whether you use it within the validity period, they basically don't care. They won't delay processing because you still serving.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 7:56 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Not needed. CIC will process the application in its own time, and will issue the COPR when complete, whether you use it within the validity period, they basically don't care. They won't delay processing because you still serving.
Thats great thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Andrew
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

So do we need to include the British certificate of military non conviction?

Last edited by Airborne_Dan; Oct 19th 2012 at 8:31 am.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:35 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
I have sent of for disclosure of my military records, but Im thinking what harm could it be to get the cert as well. I suppose with the CIC no such thing as too much information?
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:37 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to James MC and Former Lancastrian for the info
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:39 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
I would say no but i am no expert, just applying commons sense here. Unless you have been on active service in another country for more than 6 months, my best guess would be that the PCC would suffice. However if its relatively easy to get one, i might just throw it in along with my CIC application, if nothing else its chaff and it looks good.

Andrew
Old Oct 19th 2012, 8:43 am

I got my Police cert through today from Denmark, very simple process gave my former Danish CPR number(similar to an national insurance number), signed a brief form emailed it and no fee either and it arrived in the mail about 2 days later

Danish efficiency , more than likely another week or so until I get the UK one and that cost £45
Old Oct 20th 2012, 1:25 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Guys

It appears that this Military PCC thing is starting to crop up (being debated) a little more of late. No idea why mind

If you can get Military PCC easily enough go for it. If it's clear it'll do no harm to your application whatsoever. As I mentioned earlier, if the immigration officer decides they want one and it's not there, it'll delay your application for what could be months.

regards
James
Old Oct 20th 2012, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Back in the days of old, when we submitted our first application....

Military convictions did not show on UK police cert. (We know, as OH got what shows as CO/OC Summary - whatever that means.) Offence was in Germany, so we also got a German police cert - it wasn't on that either. The offence was only shown on the MP cert.

The last two UK police certs we requested DID show the military conviction.

We included MP cert in application number 1 - we had to do for criminality, and it was the only placed it showed up.

We didn't include it in application number 2, as it was clearly on the UK police cert - haven't been asked for MP cert yet.

Having said that, it is very easy to get one - and free. So if you want to go for belt and braces it will do no harm.

Old Oct 21st 2012, 7:54 pm
Andrew

Exclamation Re: Ex Military Service

Hi, just to let you all know the number to ring is: 02392284377

Email: <snip>

Regards

Andrew

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 21st 2012 at 9:59 pm. Reason: Sorry, but pls don't put a third parties email address on a public forum. People can PM you for it if they wish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.