ETA - police cert submitted

Old Jan 25th 2016, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

GFwise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ETA - police cert submitted

Hello,

I just found this forum and have a question..

I recently applied for an ETA which was rejected as I was arrested when I was 18 (12 years ago) for having cannabis on me.

My police cert says no live trace and that has been submitted to the CIC a week ago.

This is just for a 2 week holiday in August.

I've been reading that I may need to submit the actual police report, will this be necessary just for a holiday? I'm not actually immigrating!! Also, how long do you think it will take for them to come to a decision or to even respond and ask for further details? Am i going to end up having the cancel the holiday?

Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA - police cert submitted

Nobody on here can tell you this as eTA is not yet in force. As to how long before you receive a reply from CIC is anyones guess.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 4:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GFwise
I've been reading that I may need to submit the actual police report, will this be necessary just for a holiday? I'm not actually immigrating!!
Doesn't matter unfortunately, Canada is pretty tough on criminal records, even just for a holiday. Have a read here for further info - Determine if you are inadmissible

HTH, good luck.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies.

Better get on and apply for rehabilitation then!
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your replies.

Better get on and apply for rehabilitation then!
You might not need it. You say you were arrested but were you convicted of possession? If no conviction or any other convictions then you don't need to apply for rehab.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You might not need it. You say you were arrested but were you convicted of possession? If no conviction or any other convictions then you don't need to apply for rehab.
If his police cert says no live trace, then he's got a conviction of some kind.

But I agree that he might not need rehab, he could be deemed rehabilitated as it was 12 years ago, depends on what CIC say. Although given how long rehab can take, it might be worth applying anyway just in case.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

I received a caution.

I have just sent the application to the police for my subject access report.

What else do I need to apply for rehabilitation? all the info is so confusing. It says something about submitting the Canadian law equivalent? (Something like that, I just quickly read through the documents needed - could have read it wrong)

Thanks
G
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I received a caution.

I have just sent the application to the police for my subject access report.

What else do I need to apply for rehabilitation? all the info is so confusing. It says something about submitting the Canadian law equivalent? (Something like that, I just quickly read through the documents needed - could have read it wrong)

Thanks
G
IMHO you will not need to apply for rehabilitation but will probably need to send CIC the Police Certificate if this applies to you, we advise that you contact ACRO to obtain details of the conviction information that was not disclosed on your Certificate.
If you have requested a Police Certificate for travel purposes, many Embassies will require this detail in order to make a decision on whether or not they should issue you with a visa. Once you receive the undisclosed information from ACRO you will be required to contact the relevant Embassy and disclose your previous conviction/s.
Wait for further info from CIC.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you

The subject access report takes up to 40 days anyway so hopefully by that time I will have heard from the CIC and know whether I need to do the rehabilitation.

Thank you for all your help and advice
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Hannahcamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Just wondering what the outcome of this was please? My husband currently in similar situation, refused eta due to 10 year old caution, submitted acro with no live trace and heard nothing since. We've applied for subject access report and will upload when arrives but unsure as to what else we can do?
Thanks Hannah
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hannahcamb
Hello,
Just wondering what the outcome of this was please? My husband currently in similar situation, refused eta due to 10 year old caution, submitted acro with no live trace and heard nothing since. We've applied for subject access report and will upload when arrives but unsure as to what else we can do?
Thanks Hannah
Hi Hannah,

I submitted the subject access report when I received it (it wasn't requested) they replied a few days later with an approval.

Good luck I am sure it will be fine and he will also get an approval when he submits his!

Thanks,
Gem
Old Aug 10th 2016, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi gem

Ahh that's great news, fingers crossed ours works out like that too! How did you manage to upload the subject access, did you have to create a new enquiry? Thanks for the quick reply too
Hannah
Old Aug 10th 2016, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hannahcamb
Hi gem

Ahh that's great news, fingers crossed ours works out like that too! How did you manage to upload the subject access, did you have to create a new enquiry? Thanks for the quick reply too
Hannah
I think I had to ask a question or maybe it was an enquiry, I can't remember now. It was easy anyway. I will try and find out for you later if you like.

I remember what it was like stressing over it for months!! Searching the Internet for answers, it wasn't fun! Happy to help!! :-)
Old Aug 10th 2016, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

I think I had to ask a question or maybe it was an enquiry, I can't remember now. It was easy anyway. I will try and find out for you later if you like.

I remember what it was like stressing over it for months!! Searching the Internet for answers, it wasn't fun! Happy to help!! :-)
Yeah it's pretty horrible isn't it?! Thanks so much, his report is due to arrive by the end of August if it takes the full 40 days so I might be back asking for more help if we're struggling then 😊😊
Thanks so much once again
Hannah
Old Aug 10th 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

I just looked through my emails and I had to do a case specific enquiry to upload it as it was way over the deadline for submitting the acro.

Just did a quick google search and here is the link.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.