Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Old May 23rd 2019, 10:05 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Finally some progress!. The following document have been requested. I have listed them below. I must have really screwed the form up.

Passport
CV/Resume
Purpose of Travel - Other
Family Information Form -
Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside of Canada? What is this? I have no idea what it is?

What if I withdraw the application and do another one? Or we just won't bother going it sounds we are going to need a lawyer to complete these forms

For each one they are requesting that I upload a file. When I press to upload a file it opens the box to upload files from a computer hard drive?

Last edited by andyrebell; May 23rd 2019 at 10:09 am.
Old May 23rd 2019, 10:22 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Finally some progress!. The following document have been requested. I have listed them below. I must have really screwed the form up.

Passport
CV/Resume
Purpose of Travel - Other
Family Information Form -
Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside of Canada? What is this? I have no idea what it is?

What if I withdraw the application and do another one? Or we just won't bother going it sounds we are going to need a lawyer to complete these forms

For each one they are requesting that I upload a file. When I press to upload a file it opens the box to upload files from a computer hard drive?
Have you entered his nationality incorrectly or is he a dual national or did he ever hold a passport from another country?

A TRV is essentially a tourist visa for Canada and is normally only required by non-eTA nationals or non-US/Canadian citizens. A British tourist with a full UK passport generally wouldn't need one especially if said British person has no criminal history etc.

You would need to upload the documents it's asking for you from your own computer but I would hold off on doing anything for now. Hopefully someone with more experience than me can advise you further but it does sound like there's been a mistake on this eTA application somewhere.
Old May 23rd 2019, 10:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A quick Google brings up the form, it's on CIC's website. The odd thing though is that your father shouldn't need a TRV.

Why do you think you need a lawyer? |t's all very straightforward, no need for a lawyer at all. No need to talk about 'we just won't bother going', you're overreacting again.

Given they seem to be expecting you to apply for a TRV, it may be worth trying to withdraw the application and reapplying if you can - not sure if that's possible now though. Are you able to reply to the email requesting these docs and asking them why a UK citizen has to apply for a TRV?

Yep.
Old May 23rd 2019, 11:05 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
A quick Google brings up the form, it's on CIC's website. The odd thing though is that your father shouldn't need a TRV.

Why do you think you need a lawyer? |t's all very straightforward, no need for a lawyer at all. No need to talk about 'we just won't bother going', you're overreacting again.

Given they seem to be expecting you to apply for a TRV, it may be worth trying to withdraw the application and reapplying if you can - not sure if that's possible now though. Are you able to reply to the email requesting these docs and asking them why a UK citizen has to apply for a TRV?

Yep.
Can I phone them in Canda somehow?
Old May 23rd 2019, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can I phone them in Canda somehow?
Unfortunately not. All you can do is contact them via the webform/case specific email.
Old May 23rd 2019, 11:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately not. All you can do is contact them via the webform/case specific email.
How long after we withdraw can we reapply? The email address they are communicating from is a no reply email address.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 23rd 2019 at 12:00 pm.
Old May 23rd 2019, 12:08 pm
Banned

They are requesting "You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service"

And also requesting a Family Immigration Form (IMM5707) "You must complete the Family Information form. This form requests information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, step children and adopted children"

Can you provide me with links to these forms either here in the public forum or even by a private message on this site.

Can these forms be completed on computer and saved as PDF because if I have to write these out by hand scan them in we may struggle to do so.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 23rd 2019 at 12:13 pm.
Old May 23rd 2019, 12:50 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

They are requesting "You must provide a Schedule 1 declaration. A Schedule 1 declaration is a form with questions about your personal history. You will be asked to list information such as any affiliations with organizations and any military or government service"

And also requesting a Family Immigration Form (IMM5707) "You must complete the Family Information form. This form requests information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, step children and adopted children"

Can you provide me with links to these forms either here in the public forum or even by a private message on this site.

Can these forms be completed on computer and saved as PDF because if I have to write these out by hand scan them in we may struggle to do so.
The forms are publicly available, you can find them via Google.

You can complete them and then print them to PDF. You would just upload the completed printed PDF file.
Old May 23rd 2019, 2:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
The forms are publicly available, you can find them via Google.

You can complete them and then print them to PDF. You would just upload the completed printed PDF file.
I should be able to do that with help from people at work. I should have printed the forms I done first time round. It sounds like we should get it if we complete these forms and send what they need they are not asking for police or criminal record checks I must have missed things off on the form though I would swear I didn't.
Old May 23rd 2019, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Schedule 1 is not the TRV form as such. It's a supplementary form that you fill out sometimes when applying for a TRV. It asks for additional information like travel history and membership of organizations and military history.
Old May 23rd 2019, 2:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Schedule 1 is not the TRV form as such. It's a supplementary form that you fill out sometimes when applying for a TRV. It asks for additional information like travel history and membership of organizations and military history.
Yes it is. They are asking for it but also saying it is optional for him to complete?
Old May 23rd 2019, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

In post #67 you wrote that you were instructed that you must provide Schedule 1.
Old May 23rd 2019, 6:10 pm
Banned

I have another question for you guys you are one in a million but I am having some more problems this computer will not open the PDF for the 5707 but I have found a you tube video showing how to fill it in I can do it at work assuming that computer works. They ask for present address and present occuptation but all 3 people (the spouse and parents of my father are dead)

So lets say it was me who was dead andy rebell and died in new york September 1st 2010 for example. I would write New York United States September 1st 2010 in the present address column and deceased in the present occupation column? Is that correct
Old May 23rd 2019, 6:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Snowy560
In post #67 you wrote that you were instructed that you must provide Schedule 1.
Yes we can complete that but it is listed as being both outsanding and optional but i will complete it.

Also will they require a biometrics appointment or an interview. I suspect that if we complete these forms we will get the approval but my father would not be prepared to attend biometric appoint nor consular interview and there is no way we are providing death certificates for people who died decades ago in some cases.
Old May 23rd 2019, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you're going to have to comply with the information request and take it from there.

You'll drive yourself nuts if you try to speculate what's next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.