Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Old May 15th 2019, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Andy ..............

Wait a while. Others have posted that it took longer for one relation than another, means unknown.

Try to calm down, wait another day or 2, then start emailing them to find out what has happened and why the hold-up.

There probably is no reason why yours came through so fast, but your father's has been delayed, just a delay in the processing because so many people have applied for eTAs at more or less that same time as you ........ this is the start of the holiday season, people wanting to come to Canada for a holiday, or just passing through. It's no wonder that the system gets overwhelmed at times.

Don't for heavens sake cancel your cruise at this point!

Keep to the mantra ............ there is nothing wrong, just the system taking too long.

I have a son-i-l who often reacts like you to such events, and that mantra has helped him to wait patiently.
Old May 16th 2019, 8:27 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
And on the U.S Esta VWP whatever they call it you can be deported and banned for ten years not just denied entry to the country without appeal what I have heard being done before is allowing the person to leave the airport and detaining them outside and hitting them with a ten year ban.

What would an appeal of a refusal involve? Going to court in Canada? It is not worth that not to go on a cruise from quebec city we just won't travel. It if can be resolved here we may pursue that if it comes to it.
It's actually not ten years. If found to be in violation of the ESTA/VWP conditions you can be banned from using that program for life without recourse to an appeal. You would then need a tourist visa to ever visit America again.

I agree with everyone else in this thread that you are worrying unnecessarily atm though. Just try to relax as best as you can and wait for the eTA application response. I know it's frustrating but that's really all you can do and worrying yourself sick over it won't help.
Old May 16th 2019, 12:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

And on the U.S Esta VWP whatever they call it you can be deported and banned for ten years not just denied entry to the country without appeal what I have heard being done before is allowing the person to leave the airport and detaining them outside and hitting them with a ten year ban. ....
I have no idea what mixed-up nonsense you have been reading about the US VWP, but a ten year ban is for staying in the US beyond whatever entry protocol you used allows, so not only beyond 90 days that the VWP allows, but the same rules apply if you used a visa to enter the US. And any sort of ban only kicks in after you have over stayed by IIRC 180 days, rising to a ten year ban if you have overstayed by three years.

As Digital Ghost said, if you overstay by 1 day you are barred from using the VWP again, ever.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 16th 2019 at 12:25 pm.
Old May 16th 2019, 1:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You should hear something soon I think... they have now resolved the issue they were having, although it may take them a little while to get through the backlog.

Don't cancel anything!

Last edited by Siouxie; May 16th 2019 at 1:18 pm.
Old May 16th 2019, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

They will reject it because I signed it in his name at the very end not my name yet I put my name down as the person doing the application on his behalf at the start. I should have just done it in his name and not said it was being done on his behalf. And I am not appealing this in a court in toronto or whatever that would costs thousands in lawyer fees and it is not worth that we just won't go to Canada ever end of story.

Sorry if I now coming back with an attitude but I am about to lose 3k in cruise holidays there are 2 and the thought of travelling by border by bus is unappealing given further thought I am autistic and would probably be shot dead by border agents upon seeing my father hauled any in hand cuffs I would not react well to us being left at the border while the bus drove away without us or a similar sceneario.
And I thought I was a bit of a worrier!!
It sounds like you did everything correct. I am guessing you still live in your country of birth and have little experience of any form of immigration process. It's frustrating and makes no sense why some things happen quickly and others don't but that's the reality. Breathe, don't panic and certainly don't cancel your trip.
Did it come through yet?
Old May 16th 2019, 5:07 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

It has not come through yet nothing further as of 5pm tonight gmt. I have not cancelled any cruise yet. We are due to pay the remaining money in June only a deposit has been paid so far. We should have something back by saturday fingers crossed. Thanks for the help so far.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:11 am
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You should hear something soon I think... they have now resolved the issue they were having, although it may take them a little while to get through the backlog. https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/sta...11934516367366

Don't cancel anything!
Is has still not come through yet. How should we proceed all the emails we have received are from no reply email address which they claim are not monitored and there is no way to contact embassy in london. Maybe they have simply blocked the application and will never process it for some reason?

There is also only 14 months or so left on his passport it ends late july 2020

Last edited by andyrebell; May 18th 2019 at 10:14 am.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they have simply blocked the application and will never process it for some reason?
That's not what has happened, your imagination is running away with you again. See the links given to you above, there is a clear process for if you haven't had an approval or rejection after 72 hours, so you need to follow that process.

Good luck.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:14 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Is has still not come through yet. How should we proceed all the emails we have received are from no reply email address which they claim are not monitored and there is no way to contact embassy in london. Maybe they have simply blocked the application and will never process it for some reason?
Be patient.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:34 am
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's not what has happened, your imagination is running away with you again. See the links given to you above, there is a clear process for if you haven't had an approval or rejection after 72 hours, so you need to follow that process.

Good luck.
We are approaching more than 80 hours. I don't have a legal mind for this stuff i don't understand what I am seeing and I can't afford to hire a lawyer I am not retarded or anything I just don't understand what it means. When you check the status of eta it says no decision has been reached we will contact you should we require further information etc etc but as has been said delay has been exprienced and a blacklog is being worked through I am sure.

We have until June 10th to resolve this that is when the final payment has to be made. Maybe we can transfer cruise which is currently quebec-nyc- southampton qm2 to an earlier sailing which is southampton-nyc-quebec qm2 meaning no eta.

Can you please re-post the links for me?

Thank you for the help you guys are 1 in a million.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We are approaching more than 80 hours. I don't have a legal mind for this stuff i don't understand what I am seeing and I can't afford to hire a lawyer I am not retarded or anything I just don't understand what it means. When you check the status of eta it says no decision has been reached we will contact you should we require further information etc etc but as has been said delay has been exprienced and a blacklog is being worked through I am sure.

We have until June 10th to resolve this that is when the final payment has to be made. Maybe we can transfer cruise which is currently quebec-nyc- southampton qm2 to an earlier sailing which is southampton-nyc-quebec qm2 meaning no eta.

Can you please re-post the links for me?

Thank you for the help you guys are 1 in a million.
No need for a legal mind at all. Go back up to post no. 2, click on that link. Then click on the link on that page that says 'what do I do if my ETA isn't approved right away'. Then there is a web form to fill in, it's all very easy and no legal speak at all, just a form to fill in with pertinent details.

Daft question, but I'm assuming you've checked your junk and spam folders to make sure nothing is hiding in there?

Try and remember, it may have been 80 hours, but the system has been down for a lot of that, with delays, so really it's not been that long. Hopefully you'll hear very soon.

Good luck.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No need for a legal mind at all. Go back up to post no. 2, click on that link. Then click on the link on that page that says 'what do I do if my ETA isn't approved right away'. Then there is a web form to fill in, it's all very easy and no legal speak at all, just a form to fill in with pertinent details.

Daft question, but I'm assuming you've checked your junk and spam folders to make sure nothing is hiding in there?

Try and remember, it may have been 80 hours, but the system has been down for a lot of that, with delays, so really it's not been that long. Hopefully you'll hear very soon.

Good luck.
Yup check spam/junk folder and nothing in there. I will check email again on monday we will give them some time and if nothing comes through I will hit up post number 2. Thanks for the help.
Old May 18th 2019, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yup check spam/junk folder and nothing in there. I will check email again on monday we will give them some time and if nothing comes through I will hit up post number 2. Thanks for the help.
Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully you'll hear over the weekend once they've caught up with the backlog after the system being down.
Old May 18th 2019, 2:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a Public Holiday (Victoria Day) on Monday in Canada so this weekend is a long weekend - don't stress if you don't hear anything! I'm sure they have a huge backlog to wade through as the system was down for a couple of days (at one of their busiest times of year).

On Tuesday perhaps, if you haven't received it by then, follow the instructions and send a case specific inquiry on the web form. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...um=1238&top=16
Old May 18th 2019, 5:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's a Public Holiday (Victoria Day) on Monday in Canada so this weekend is a long weekend - don't stress if you don't hear anything! I'm sure they have a huge backlog to wade through as the system was down for a couple of days (at one of their busiest times of year).

On Tuesday perhaps, if you haven't received it by then, follow the instructions and send a case specific inquiry on the web form. I got an email confirmation from IRCC that my eTA application was received, but nothing since then. Can I still travel to Canada?
I will wait until Tuesday. What do I put down in section for enquirer information which says "relationship to applicant". There are 3 answers applicant, rep and sponsor. I am the son who filled out the application on his behalf.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.