Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Entering Canada before 1st anniversary of Medical

Entering Canada before 1st anniversary of Medical

Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Entering Canada before 1st anniversary of Medical

hhmmm, i only wanted one answer, either a yes or a no and the thread produced this....lets hope we can wrap this up...so pending on me obtaining a visa, i gotta get to canada within 12 months of the date of my medical..be it one day before or 5 months...... thanks guys, appreciated as always
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

balaq8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Miller and Jaj ,
Did you hear this story?
One day Ayub Khan the erstwhile dictator of Pakistan was relaxing in his garden and some of his poor country men came there to see him. The Dictator asked his security man to let them in side and he enquired them about their life and day to day problems. The visitors put up their problems and told him that they are struggling to eat even their daily bread and they could not afford a glass of milk.
The innocent young daughter of Ayub Khan came there and overheard this conversation She was astonished to know that bread was not available and asked the visitors “ So what? If you can not get bread and milk, go and eat cakes and drink chicken soup This will solve your problems�
This young innocent girl was not aware of the difficulties people facing in their life and gave her simple solution to their problems!!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
to balaq8

Jeremy made good point here - immigration is not cheap, it is changing your life completely and you must be able to afford it. The total cost of giving up what you have where you live and then cost of months (if not years) of adapting to new country will exceed many, many times what the minimum amount of settlement fund is required. If you think that just by coming to Canada your financial situation will improve immediately then you are for a shock of your life my friend. Most of the time first generation of immigrants struggle for long time and their kids (second generation) are those who will make it.

If such tiny amount as cost of plane ticket is so huge in the budget you have then please reconsider your plans as you may simply not being able to afford moving here or anywhere for that matter.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:50 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to point out that even at the passport request stage you are advised Not to sell property, leave jobs, book flights or take any irrevocable action in case it all falls through.

In this country many people have most of their equity in their home, and it can and often does take many many months to get a house sold with today's stagnant market.

Also some people need to give up to 6 months notice of resignation from their jobs. My husband had to give 3 months and he "just works in a shop"!

Mind you, we haven't listened to the advice...... we gave notice when we got our med requests in May and have had the house on the market since the beginning of April!!! We're soon going to be looking for temporary employment cos we have a blinkin mortgage to pay!

Not whinging...... just saying, you can't always shoot out as soon as you get those lovely shiny visas!

I think we may be able to squeeze a quick "landing" trip in tho, sometime in August .... sell a few more heirlooms ......
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:53 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=balaq8] ...........go and eat cakes ...................... QUOTE]

Was she any relation to Marie-Antoinette ??????
Old Jul 17th 2005, 5:54 pm
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
hhmmm, i only wanted one answer, either a yes or a no and the thread produced this....lets hope we can wrap this up...so pending on me obtaining a visa, i gotta get to canada within 12 months of the date of my medical..be it one day before or 5 months...... thanks guys, appreciated as always
Yes Dear
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

one more question regarding landing and then leaving straight away.... my medical expires in Jan 06, and I plan to enter canada to get my passport stamped a week before the expiry date and return to UK a week after...now, how soon can i leave canada and come back to UK to tie up loose ends, and then return to canada for good... my worry here is that I may forfeit my visa...i hope not
Old Jul 21st 2005, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
one more question regarding landing and then leaving straight away.... my medical expires in Jan 06, and I plan to enter canada to get my passport stamped a week before the expiry date and return to UK a week after...now, how soon can i leave canada and come back to UK to tie up loose ends, and then return to canada for good... my worry here is that I may forfeit my visa...i hope not
Once you land and complete the paperwork you need a canadian address where your PR card will be sent, this will take approx 3 weeks. Once you have this you then can leave a re-enter the country. IF you forefit your Visa you will have to apply again as it informs you and go through the whole process again and cost

Regards
Matty266
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

cheers Matty

1. Can this be sent to me by the persons that I will be living with in Canada when it comes via special delivery???

2. do I need to sign for it?? .....

3. can i get canadian immigration to speed up the process ??

thks