English education

Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

badmojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English education

Hi
We are filling in the IMM 0008 for and i have a question about education. Secondary schoool in the Uk when we take our GCSE's. On the immigration form is this classed as HIgh school/secondary school in Canada. Also is this counted in our number of years of education.

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: English education

There is no need to compare secondary school in UK to the equivalent in Canada as you will be applying via London, so you will have primary, secondary and then university or trade certificate where appropriate.

On IMM0008 Generic form, question 12, tick the box against secondary if O Levels or GCSE's are your highest level of education. Yes, include the number of years of secondary school in the years of formal education.

On IMM0008 Schedule 1 form, question 10, put the number of years of secondary school in the box next to secondary/high school. The total of the years you put against elementary/primary, secondary/high school etc. should add up to the total you put against question 12 on the generic form.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

badmojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

So do we count primary school in the number of years as well???

Also we are applying to Buffalo, as we are in Canada already.
Does this make a difference.

So if we have only done primary and secondary school and got no higher than GCSE's, then our number of years will be....???
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough

Yes, include primary school in your total years of formal education.

I don't think applying to Buffalo will make a difference in terms of your education.

Primary school is infants (age 4 to 7) plus Junior school (age 7 to 11). Secondary school without a levels (age 11 to 16).

So you will have 12 years formal education.

As you only have secondary school as highest level of education then off the top of my head I think you will only get 5 points for education.