EE processing

Old Jan 21st 2022, 1:04 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 79
jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE processing

So it's been a year since we sent off our EE FWS application- and short of completing our biometrics in April, we've heard nothing. I know Covid has slowed things down, but with the expected processing time when we applied at 6 months, you do start to plan and hold off on big changes like moving (locally), job changes, family plans, etc.
I've now heard that that processing time may have been changed to 36 months- does anyone have any official confirmation of this, or any kind of updates at all on processing times? We could change an awful lot in that time, rather than sticking around in jobs we aren't happy with, or moving to a house which is more financially viable. The whole knowing nothing about these seemingly endless delays is making life pretty difficult!
jordanleanne is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2022, 2:13 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 79
jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE processing

Should we start to look at other entry routes eg. study permit, TWP, PNP? Are any of these moving any quicker? If we were to go down an alternate route, would we sacrifice the investment already into EE PR? Of course the application was paid up front, plus the other certifications we had to pay for, so it would be even more frustrating to be out of pocket twice. What would anyone else do in this situation?
jordanleanne is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2022, 9:30 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 418
Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE processing

Originally Posted by jordanleanne View Post
Should we start to look at other entry routes eg. study permit, TWP, PNP? Are any of these moving any quicker? If we were to go down an alternate route, would we sacrifice the investment already into EE PR? Of course the application was paid up front, plus the other certifications we had to pay for, so it would be even more frustrating to be out of pocket twice. What would anyone else do in this situation?
So I did what your considering, I entered as a Student, 3 months later (believe it would have been quicker had it not been for an issue with my partners medical) I got my eCopr and am now a resident, still studying but dropped down to a course or 2 per semester, but obviously now have PR which was the ultimate aim. unsure if I'll finish my degree, or at least change it.

PR money wasn't lost - however the cost of being a student was extremely expensive and obviously limits locations/work etc. also be aware you'll have to satisfy IRCC that you are landing with dual intent and if you don't get PR you will leave at the end of your temporary stay, ideally showing ties back to home country etc.
Stumpylegs is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2022, 11:09 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 79
jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE processing

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs View Post
So I did what your considering, I entered as a Student, 3 months later (believe it would have been quicker had it not been for an issue with my partners medical) I got my eCopr and am now a resident, still studying but dropped down to a course or 2 per semester, but obviously now have PR which was the ultimate aim. unsure if I'll finish my degree, or at least change it.

PR money wasn't lost - however the cost of being a student was extremely expensive and obviously limits locations/work etc. also be aware you'll have to satisfy IRCC that you are landing with dual intent and if you don't get PR you will leave at the end of your temporary stay, ideally showing ties back to home country etc.
Thanks for your reply- it's good to hear that the alternative worked out for you! The study option is an interesting thought, as both myself and husband work in scientific fields which would definitely have benefit in further education. Cost is of course a factor- do you k now if we could get on an international funded course if it would affect study visa options at all?
I think if we were to rent our house out, rather than sell for the 'temporary' time of a study visa awaiting PR, this could be pretty convincing evidence that we were landing with dual intent? Also, both of our families are all here, with both new babies and elderly relatives we are quite attached to.
How easy was it to switch the paperwork from study to PR once you were already over there as a student?
jordanleanne is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.