Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

EE employment history from Gran Canaria

EE employment history from Gran Canaria

Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE employment history from Gran Canaria

Im trying to get the work history together for the last 10 years. 6 years I was employed easy enough I have P60s and still is contact with my old bosses. 1 and 1/2 years we had our own takeaway business which I can prove through companies house documents and bank account and P60.

The 2005-2007 are a bit more difficult as I was working in Gran Canaria it was all Cash in hand. The person I worked for no longer has business and I have not got any contact details for. How do I move forward with this in my express entry.

Im working on getting police certificates but not applying for them until I get ITA.

All advice welcome. Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2015, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE employment history from Gran Canaria

Originally Posted by SUNSHINEGIRL_X
The 2005-2007 are a bit more difficult as I was working in Gran Canaria it was all Cash in hand.
You probably weren't legitimately working in that case.

I would say you will need to say you were Unemployed.

Someone else may have a better answer.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rather than put unemployed can I just put career break or something similar.
Or do you all think I should put unemployed.
Problem is also my husband was also working cash in hand in different bar security jobs.
We met and married out there.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 6:57 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SUNSHINEGIRL_X
Rather than put unemployed can I just put career break or something similar.
Or do you all think I should put unemployed.
Problem is also my husband was also working cash in hand in different bar security jobs.
We met and married out there.
You can dress it up how you like, the end result is the same. Happens all the time now with job titles. A garbage collector or sanitation technician, they still pick up garbage.

Career break, no job, unemployed, vacation. Processing folks see stuff every day and will make what they will of it.

Is cash in hand, not reporting taxes a criminal act? If so likely don't want to attract too much interest in it.

The other issue is lying to immigration, what would you say if questioned about this?
Old Mar 21st 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

my employer was paying the taxes to hire an employee because there was always inspectors. It's just that you would never get any document to prove this they weren't hot on pay slips etc I have no idea of how I could find the information out.
I had the funds before going out there I had been divorced the year before. I had lump sum settlement that I didn't need to work if I didn't want to. So that could explain it to them.