Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Educational Credential Assessment – UK City and Guilds / NVQ Equivalency

Educational Credential Assessment – UK City and Guilds / NVQ Equivalency

Old May 5th 2015, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Educational Credential Assessment – UK City and Guilds / NVQ Equivalency

Originally Posted by Kiki1
Hi,

I need an advice please?
My husband and I attended college (Edgware academy London) full time from 2001 to 2004. I sent them an e-mail asking can they send WES our transcripts and if there is an fee I can pay. I included certificates what we achieved. All fees were paid in full at the time of study. Today I received their response:
"Thanks for your email.
Unfortunately We won’t be able to help you as we do not keep any information for students before 2010 when we chanced our system."

What should I do now? I am sure by law they suppose to keep some kind of records and I have Certificates/Diplomas issued by them for each year of study. Now even I have Diplomas I can not prove that I actually attended the college and got Diploma. For it is not a big deal as I have Uni degree but my husband have only NVQ certificates and this would mean 3 years full time education and more points on EE.

Any advice please....
I applied direct to city and guilds for mine not through the college. Who is the governing body who issued certificate. It could be worth contacting them.
Old May 5th 2015, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kiki1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Educational Credential Assessment – UK City and Guilds / NVQ Equivalency

Sunshinegirl_x,
Certificates are issued by Langcomp Ltd= Edgware Academy of Languages and Computer Science= privately held company. They are not issued by City& Guilds
Old May 5th 2015, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunshinegirl_x,
Certificates are issued by Langcomp Ltd= Edgware Academy of Languages and Computer Science= privately held company. They are not issued by City& Guilds
Yes I was just using mine as an example. City and guilds was the examine board used for my certificate. Your acadamy or college you say is a private company but they must have to use an examine board to issue the qualification/certificate.

Here is a link to WES about contacting exam boards for the transcripts.

WES

Hope it helps sorry I couldn't help more. It's all a bit of a nightmare getting all this stuff together.
Old May 6th 2015, 1:59 am
Just Joined

sighman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I need an advice please?
My husband and I attended college (Edgware academy London) full time from 2001 to 2004. I sent them an e-mail asking can they send WES our transcripts and if there is an fee I can pay. I included certificates what we achieved. All fees were paid in full at the time of study. Today I received their response:
"Thanks for your email.
Unfortunately We won’t be able to help you as we do not keep any information for students before 2010 when we chanced our system."

What should I do now? I am sure by law they suppose to keep some kind of records and I have Certificates/Diplomas issued by them for each year of study. Now even I have Diplomas I can not prove that I actually attended the college and got Diploma. For it is not a big deal as I have Uni degree but my husband have only NVQ certificates and this would mean 3 years full time education and more points on EE.

Any advice please....
Are the issued by Edware, or by City and Guilds etc? what was the NVQ, who was the examining body?
Old May 6th 2015, 4:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshinegirl_x,
If you have NVQ's then they must be issued by a proper authority if they're genuine. Which name is on the certificate if not City & Guilds?
Old May 8th 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

No, there are no NVQ's on the certificates. These were English Language courses and certificates issued by the Edgware Academy and not by examining body. I guess even if they are legitimate (by college) and I attended and past exams, they won't count as any education for WES
Old May 8th 2015, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No, there are no NVQ's on the certificates. These were English Language courses and certificates issued by the Edgware Academy and not by examining body. I guess even if they are legitimate (by college) and I attended and past exams, they won't count as any education for WES
They don't sound like a formal qualification from what you've said, so I'm pretty sure they'd get you no points, but all you can do is submit them and see.

Edited to add - I've just looked up 'Edgware College' and they don't seem to do any proper educational courses that result in a qualification? Only vocational language courses, is that what you did?
Old May 8th 2015, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks christmasoompa, now I think that it was only a vocational courses as no NVQ was awarded. Never mind, we have other NVQs and I have a degree. My status on WES states "in progress" as I sent my degree and one of my NVQ qualifications as I don't see a point to send all (I would get points for degree plus one more). Now I will need to submit for my OH, and I wanted to know is there any point to include this course (and I can see now it is NOT).
On another subject, do you know can we both submit separate profiles as main on EE. I have a degree and I want to submit as FSW as I am not working in Canada, but my OH is FSTW and is working and waiting for an LMIA. My plan is that I will submit as me and see if I will get selected for ITA until we will receive LMIA for him as Skilled Trade Worker
Thank you for all the help