"Education" question on PR form

Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default "Education" question on PR form

Hi all, just looking through my forms and in the "education" section it asks to list how many years I went to primary school, how many years to secondary school, etc.... now my question is.... I went to school in Germany and the school system is different over there, there is elementary school which lasts 4 years, then they is "orientation school" which lasts 2 years and after this there are 3 or 4 different types of high school depending on how well you did during "orientation" in those 2 years. Should I just try to find the canadian equivalent for all this and put down 6 years of primary school and 6 years of high school ? I completed 12 school years. I have one secondary diploma which I got after grade 10 and a secondary vocational diploma which I got after my 12th year. I am confused by this because it's asking me to seperate everything.

Second question, further in the PR application it asks for any associations i have been part of, including youth, student and professional organizations. Does this mean I have to list which soccer team I played at 10 years ago or do they really just want to know the more important stuff ? I'm also member of the International game developers association which is actually related to my work so I am putting that down for sure but I wanted to know if I also needed to list my sports teams as they *technically* were youth organizations I assume.

Thanks for all your answers in advance
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Education" question on PR form

Hi

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Hi all, just looking through my forms and in the "education" section it asks to list how many years I went to primary school, how many years to secondary school, etc.... now my question is.... I went to school in Germany and the school system is different over there, there is elementary school which lasts 4 years, then they is "orientation school" which lasts 2 years and after this there are 3 or 4 different types of high school depending on how well you did during "orientation" in those 2 years. Should I just try to find the canadian equivalent for all this and put down 6 years of primary school and 6 years of high school ? I completed 12 school years. I have one secondary diploma which I got after grade 10 and a secondary vocational diploma which I got after my 12th year. I am confused by this because it's asking me to seperate everything.

Second question, further in the PR application it asks for any associations i have been part of, including youth, student and professional organizations. Does this mean I have to list which soccer team I played at 10 years ago or do they really just want to know the more important stuff ? I'm also member of the International game developers association which is actually related to my work so I am putting that down for sure but I wanted to know if I also needed to list my sports teams as they *technically* were youth organizations I assume.

Thanks for all your answers in advance
1. 6 and 6.
2. No, unless you were in a catch the grenade club somewhere in the middle east.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

lol PMM. thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

One more question, my immigration consultant told me that I do not need to show that I have $10.833 on my bank account for proof of funds (I am quebec selected applicant applying to buffalo).... i was told they only want to make sure I have regular income... however if i go on the buffalo guide it tells me to check the cic site for the figures and that site says i need to show $10.833

im confused :S i almost have the money together either way, and im waiting for my police cert. from spain so i guess i could just wait a month and save save save save but i'd still be interested if anyone had any experience with buffalo proof of funds, especially if you were a quebec applicant..
thanks