Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ECA - supporting documents from ICAEW

ECA - supporting documents from ICAEW

Old Oct 14th 2021, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

fdbloomfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECA - supporting documents from ICAEW

Hi allI am trying to start getting ECAs together to be able to go into the EE pool. The ICAEW in the UK aren't currently sending hard copies of records as required by WES. Has anyone had a similar issue and how have you navigated it?
Many thanks!
​​​​
Old Oct 14th 2021, 3:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA - supporting documents from ICAEW

Originally Posted by fdbloomfield
Hi allI am trying to start getting ECAs together to be able to go into the EE pool. The ICAEW in the UK aren't currently sending hard copies of records as required by WES. Has anyone had a similar issue and how have you navigated it?
Many thanks!
​​​​
Hello and welcome to BE!

Professional qualifications aren't usually recognised for ECA's for Immigration. What are your points without your Chartered Accountancy qualification? Follow the great guide by Christmasoompa, in our wiki - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick..._by_step_guide
Old Oct 18th 2021, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi there thanks for the quick response and sorry for my delayed one! The link you put is a great resource, really clarified it for me.

I think i had read on another thread that the ACA is assessed by Wes as equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada amd hence that is why it was being accepted for immigration purposes - I can't post the link to the thread as i havent posted enough yet.

I have another bachelors degree from the UK but i think there is an option when you create a profile to put that you have 2?

thanks!
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fdbloomfield
Hi there thanks for the quick response and sorry for my delayed one! The link you put is a great resource, really clarified it for me.

I think i had read on another thread that the ACA is assessed by Wes as equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada amd hence that is why it was being accepted for immigration purposes - I can't post the link to the thread as i havent posted enough yet.

I have another bachelors degree from the UK but i think there is an option when you create a profile to put that you have 2?

thanks!
No need for apologies

Just found the thread(s) you mentioned..
Mjmagin’s post re: ACA cert/ECA
EE recording of professional qualifications - ICAEW

The chances of getting the documentation required may be slim due to present circumstances, unfortunately but possibly worth a try if you can get them..
As to the 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' qualifications - see here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ad-report.html page 3 onwards

What are your points without it?

Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No need for apologies

Just found the thread(s) you mentioned..

The chances of getting the documentation required may be slim due to present circumstances, unfortunately but possibly worth a try if you can get them..
As to the 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' qualifications - see here: page 3 onwards

What are your points without it?
Yep thats the one!
Without it, im at around 450, depending on TEF score. Theres an average chance i can get a good enough score to get the 50 extra points for french but dont want to count on it.

If I can count both the ACA and degree, then I'd be looking more at 480 points. Would 450 be enough?
​​​​
Old Oct 18th 2021, 8:50 pm
Banned

Unfortunately 450 won't be sufficient at the present time, you may need a job offer. - The 2nd 'degree' may only add 7 additional points (with spouse).. (219 instead of 212) or 8 (128 instead of 120) without a spouse so there may be little point in struggling to get the ACA qualification assessed if it isn't likely to make any overall difference, sorry.

Do you have a preference of which Province you would prefer to live in, given a choice? Have you looked at employment opportunities by any of the designated employers in the Atlantic Provinces Pilot Project? If you are a little short on points, that may be an option for you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...immigrate.html
There are designated employer lists for each of the atlantic provinces

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 18th 2021 at 8:56 pm.