ECA Requirements

Old May 3rd 2020, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

TheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECA Requirements

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting my ECA with WES and just wanted to clarify what they say in their Required Documents section:

"If the institution gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope. If the envelope is opened or if there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document."

I actually have an official copy of my transcripts just because I like to have access to all of my physical documents, do I just put this in an envelope, seal it and sign it myself?

Or do I need to get a new one from my university that's specifically for our Canadian immigration application?

Finally, do I need to get an ECA for both (1-year) Master's and (4-year) Bachelor's Degrees? They're from different countries and I'm not the lead applicant if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance. :-)
Old May 3rd 2020, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA Requirements

The envelope must be sealed by the institution sending the transcripts. My old college was able to send the transcripts directly to WES.

You can send both bachelors and masters to be assessed at the same time, they will carry out one assessment and only charge one fee.
Old May 3rd 2020, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

TheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA Requirements

Originally Posted by bc2015
The envelope must be sealed by the institution sending the transcripts. My old college was able to send the transcripts directly to WES.

You can send both bachelors and masters to be assessed at the same time, they will carry out one assessment and only charge one fee.
Thank you very much for your reply. Do I need both though? I got my Master's from Brighton so that should be easy enough but my Bachelor's degree was in the Philippines and I graduated in 2005 so it's a while back. The last time I asked for a transcript from them, I had to be there personally.