ECA - Express Entry

Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECA - Express Entry

Hi Guys

I have completed my EE profile and submitted twice and its states I am still ineligible despite scoring highly when I have counted the points myself from the CIC ranking system.

I believe its down to be not having ECA and therefore I am currently not receiving any points for my education despite having a skilled job offer.

I have 2 quick question as follows:

1) Which of the bodies WES or ICAS are the best on prices and processing times? I wish to find the cheapest and quickest processing time wise.

2) Do I have to have all my certificate assessed or is it just my highest qualification and so in my case my BA Hons degree?

As ever, your help would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 16th 2015, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA - Express Entry

I'm currently going through the process with WES. Very straight forward. Worked out at $322 with taxes and postage to the UK. 20 days processing time, but allow at least a week for them to receive the docs. I'd say you're looking at at least a month.

And you MUST have ECA if applying through FSW stream.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Iv only just realized that now, I thought through the Federal Skilled Worker stream you wouldn't need it so im looking to get these done now.

$322 with taxes its so expensive too ouch?!

Did you get just your degree translated or all your education? would you get more points for getting this done for college/high school certs too?

Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:16 am
Just Joined

UPSY is an unknown quantity at this point

We are doing ours through WES also.
You need to get your university to send you transcript direct ours (Huddersfield) did it with in a day very straight forward cost 25 pounds. We then sent degree certs online.
They were not interested in high school or work certificates.
You also have to do an english test we have ours tomorrow.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 12:25 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered about getting my degree and my NVQ assessed but I think I'm just going to get the degree done as that will be the highest points. The NVQ will count for nothing in the end
Old Apr 17th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UPSY
We are doing ours through WES also.
You need to get your university to send you transcript direct ours (Huddersfield) did it with in a day very straight forward cost 25 pounds. We then sent degree certs online.
They were not interested in high school or work certificates.
You also have to do an english test we have ours tomorrow.
Hope this helps.
They let you send them online? Interesting. I couldn't find anywhere to upload them so just posted them. Good job, if you did, though. Would have saved yourself a week, I suspect. Every little bit helps speed it up!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Right ok, so WES looks like the best option then I suppose and from the feedback there its best just to get the BA (Hons) degree done rather than the other qualifications?

I know this may sound like a daft question, but couldn't I just send WES my certificates I have for my degree. Or do these have to come from the University itself?

Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:19 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marko86bfc
Right ok, so WES looks like the best option then I suppose and from the feedback there its best just to get the BA (Hons) degree done rather than the other qualifications?

I know this may sound like a daft question, but couldn't I just send WES my certificates I have for my degree. Or do these have to come from the University itself?

Thanks
I think you can send them a copy of your degree certifcate but the transcripts have to come from the uni. Mine will cost £20 and then it's free to send them via airmail but takes 4-6 weeks, otherwise I have to pay £31 for them to be sent by courier.

One question I have is can I just get my language text done first and sent up EE and then do the ECAS and update it?
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

I can't believe how expensive it is for the ECA, that came at some surprise after recently doing the English test.

Yes you can set up a EE profile when you have your English results that's what I have done, but without ECA your applications shows as ineligible until you can provide your ECA results.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

WES explain exactly what you have to send.

Your university will know, if you give them a call. People mentioning £20 for their transcripts... I called my uni and they said you only need a certified copy, and that was £5. So could be worth calling your uni to check you're paying for the right one. They should send it directly to WES.

I think it's just that WES need an actual copy, plus a photocopy from you, to check you're providing the same info.

For the copy you have to send, DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS as you WILL NOT get them back.

There's no way around it. It costs what it costs. You have to send what you have to send. I don't think it's that expensive when you consider that this is potentially for the rest of your life.

Last edited by kswoosh; Apr 18th 2015 at 8:47 am.