ECA before application submit?

Old Mar 26th 2017, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default ECA before application submit?

While filling the immigration application I was asked this question

Has you had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate?

does that mean I have to get my degrees assessed by ECA before submitting the applicaiton or I can do that after I get initial approval ?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA before application submit?

What kind of immigration application? An ECA is mandatory for some visa routes, but not all - if you can give us more info, we can help you.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at your previous thread, and it seems you're applying under FSW/EE. So yes, you need an ECA and your application won't be accepted without it. The CIC website is quite clear on this.

And as per your previous thread when you asked if IELTS was mandatory for applying under EE (http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-ielts-890997/), do please always mention which visa route you're applying under when asking questions. We can't really help you if you don't give us that info, there are over 50 routes to PR and each has different requirements/eligibility.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Many thanks
I know that we have to do the ECA before approval
but can I submit the application like this

or we still need ECA at the early stages?

another question.
do we have to do it for all degrees we have or just for the last one?
and
how long will it take to be assessed by ECA and how much will it cost

thanks
Old Mar 27th 2017, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by KenA
Many thanks
I know that we have to do the ECA before approval
but can I submit the application like this
You can submit it, but as above and as per the info on the CIC website, it's mandatory for FSW applications, so your application will just be rejected without it. See here if you're still in any doubt - Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment to apply under Express Entry?

do we have to do it for all degrees we have or just for the last one?
If you've got more than one degree, you should get it done for both/all, as you'll get more points.

how long will it take to be assessed by ECA and how much will it cost
Depend on the agency you use, have a look at the website for each to see what their current processing times and costs are. Figure about 4-6 weeks as a rough guide though, by the time you've got transcripts sent from your university etc.

HTH.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't know that we get extra points for multiple degrees, can you please show me where it says that I the points system .. I have to recalculate my points again then.
Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that we get extra points for multiple degrees, can you please show me where it says that I the points system .. I have to recalculate my points again then.
Thanks
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria – Express Entry

Level of education.

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute 112 120

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years 119 128
Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep, what he said! What are you scoring now?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it will remain the same, my wife has double master degrees so i dont think she would get extra points for that
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think it will remain the same, my wife has double master degrees so i dont think she would get extra points for that
Ah, ok, no she won't then. She'll get 126 for education. Does she need extra points or is she scoring enough?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

actually we need extra point
we lost many point in the age section
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

actually we need extra point
we lost many point in the age section
What is she scoring?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have more question and would appreciate your help.

how can we get Optometry degree assessed by ECA?

also MBA (Masters for Business administration) where it will be assessed for ECA

Do the work experience and the degree have to be relevant ?
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have more question and would appreciate your help.

how can we get Optometry degree assessed by ECA?

also MBA (Masters for Business administration) where it will be assessed for ECA

Do the work experience and the degree have to be relevant ?
No, the work experience and the degree don't have to match. And you'd send them to any of the designated agencies that are on the CIC website.

Have your education assessed — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

But (again!), what is she scoring? There's no point in paying several hundred dollars if she's not scoring enough to get PR anyway, so you might not want to waste your money.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

She scores 432 points
I heard that Ontario may accept 400+ points .

Am I right?
Do we have a chance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.