Dual Intent Question

Old Jul 26th 2016, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dual Intent Question

Hello all,

Just a quick question that I have not seen on the wiki. I think this is probably a silly question, but want to be sure.

I will be entering under dual intent at the back end of August, if I do not get PR before. As such, I will need a return flight - Does this need to be booked at once with the same airline, or can I book a completely separate flight back?

We will be flying into Halifax, but living in Ontario after a month, so want to book a flight back from Toronto, 6 months after arriving.

Thanks in advance, and any help would be much appreciated.

ET
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:01 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual Intent Question

I am pretty sure it's fine to book separately. YOu might want to look into booking an open jaw ticket, though, it might just make things easier with the airline. In addition, unless you are booking with TransAt, one-way prices with any of the larger carriers are insanely expensive. But if you book an open jaw (into Halifax, out of Toronto) as one booking then it's still a return flight and the airline will charge you return fare as opposed to one-way fare. Plus then the airline has the return flight in their system which makes your boarding process way easier.

Hope that helps!
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply here!

Open jaw? I am looking at doing this at the moment, booking a ticket into Halifax, and back from Toronto with a single airline, but the prices shoot up if I try to book anything after Nov 27 for a return.

There will be no issue having a return from a different Canadian airport?

Thanks again

ET
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Timbit
Thanks for the reply here!

Open jaw? I am looking at doing this at the moment, booking a ticket into Halifax, and back from Toronto with a single airline, but the prices shoot up if I try to book anything after Nov 27 for a return.

There will be no issue having a return from a different Canadian airport?

Thanks again

ET
Try using one of the flight search engines like Kayak.com.

Your alternative is to just book a flexible ticket that allows you to change/cancel your return flight and get your money back. It's more expensive up front but if you can return it, you can do that instead.

And no, no problem to return from a different airport.