Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bank statement proof of funds online statements

Bank statement proof of funds online statements

Old Jul 25th 2016, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

db407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank statement proof of funds online statements

We have been nominated through express entry to apply and are required to submit documents some of which are bank statements stamped by the bank with the date the account was opened and average balance. My bank hand cannot provide a letter with details of when account was opened and average balance. What are your experiences how did you submit yours.

The other problem I have is I have online shares which is where the money is that we intend to show as proof of funds but they cannot provide me with a statement in the post I can print one for one online - will this be acceptable.

Can I also submit bank statement for spouse as proof of funds as he is part of the application.
Old Jul 25th 2016, 10:53 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank statement proof of funds online statements

Originally Posted by db407
We have been nominated through express entry to apply and are required to submit documents some of which are bank statements stamped by the bank with the date the account was opened and average balance. My bank hand cannot provide a letter with details of when account was opened and average balance. What are your experiences how did you submit yours.

The other problem I have is I have online shares which is where the money is that we intend to show as proof of funds but they cannot provide me with a statement in the post I can print one for one online - will this be acceptable.

Can I also submit bank statement for spouse as proof of funds as he is part of the application.
The average balance possibly wont be a problem if you can submit the 6 months worth of bank statements. A couple of my bank letters just had the balance of each account on that day and then I just printed off 6 months worth of bank statements of each account.

The opening date of the accounts might be an issue so maybe give your bank a link to CIC website with the requirements for the banking letters.

Can you easily withdraw the shares or are they locked in for a certain amount of time? An online statement should be ok if you have access to withdraw them.

I dont know about spouses as I applied by myself
Old Jul 25th 2016, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

What economic stream was your ITA under?

S
Old Jul 26th 2016, 9:44 am
Just Joined

db407 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snowy560
What economic stream was your ITA under?

S
We are applying for permanent residency we were nominated through provincial nominee program

The shares we have have some that are unlocked which we can sell at anytime and these ones are sufficient as proof of funds. The company that holds the shares cannot provide me with a letter of current unlocked balance they have referred me to print it online and I am hoping this will be acceptable by cic
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

We are applying for permanent residency we were nominated through provincial nominee program

The shares we have have some that are unlocked which we can sell at anytime and these ones are sufficient as proof of funds. The company that holds the shares cannot provide me with a letter of current unlocked balance they have referred me to print it online and I am hoping this will be acceptable by cic
Your broker should be able to give you a letter stating that these can be sold. The major problem with shares is that prices can change significantly and make their worth hard for CIC to calculate. Can your broker provide you with the average value of the shares over the past 6 months to 1 year? if not, you should be able to find this information easily online 9asusmign they are publically traded shares).
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of CIC accepting shares as POF. The reason being that they are too volatile and have no fixed value, so CIC normally require them to be sold and the money to be deposited in to an account.