Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by graham and george
We applied under NOC code 7241 (Graham's an electrician). All docs completed and delivered to London in October - as we were pre June 26th we didn't need to submit IELTS.

Congratulations on receiving your AOR!!!!
Thanks friend!

I need to share something that I have concluded with after observing recent progress and updates on last year + 38-list applications, and would appreciate if we consider each other cases on these lines and see how correctly I am thinking This is purely my own thought, and am sharing with a purpose to give a new line of thought and have your comments on it.

I am freelance consulting, perhaps helping would be more appropriate here, many people around since I had sent my own application in April. I have very closely observed CIC related matters, particularly their behavior towards Skilled Immigration Program. 4-5 days back, I was about to quote on this same matter after seeing my e-CAS status showing Decision Made, which was exactly per my thinking present since the new list is in existence and had myself slightly considered it as well while sending off my final documents to London. But I stopped from commenting at that time, as I thought it might somehow be self projection or may be could offend other people here. Personally speaking, I am very sure on this, as there are other people as well around who have this status even when viewed with the new AOR file numbers and got more convinced particularly after reading the London visa office disappointing response to someone that was posted couple of days back on this forum.

I may be totally wrong, and with sincere apologies to everybody around, I am convinced that CIC has already shortlisted people for 2011; or they at least have developed the selection matrix on which they will prioritize/select certain applicants - and the decision is expected to come immediately (fast track, as it happened during early 2010) if ones application/documents are found complete in all respect. Verifications will be left with the visa issuing visa office, mostly the country high commissions, after which medical will be issued.

It seems that they are prioritizing those occupations from previous list that are exactly or somehow/partially can fit in current 29 list, which are obviously the current occupations in demand in Canada. Like practicing doctors who applied as Doctors or Managers in Health Care have their preferred worth in current list as well, so it is quite likable that Doctors get through this year if their documents are clean in all ways. IT Managers who have experience of additional experience of Commercial/Product/Business management as well are likewise preferred, as they match NOC 1122. Electricians is another occupation common in both lists, so is likable to get preferred.

It does not mean at all that the others won't get processed; once an application is on track, it will definitely find its destination towards immigration to Canada - but currently I am speaking about a certain prioritized or selective processing mechanism that seems to be in place at CIC at the moment towards completing work for current year in time. This is just my own thinking, which is getting stronger day by day

And if this is true then people with certain occupations would seriously need to rethink about their future plans relating Canada - there is no doubt that all of us will reach Canada one day, but WHEN is the real question that I think matters to everybody

Got too long I guess
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Watching this with interest. We are just over a month behind you guys so fingers crossed for AOR sometime next month.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Salmanizak - I'm slightly confused at your point, are you thinking that those who have had "Decision made" on ecas are the ones who are more likely to get PRR this year or the reverse?
Also can I ask what letter the new file number begins with for those of you who have received AOR? Ours begins with E and the ecas tracker says it is not a usual file number
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:30 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

In the past nobody wanted to see 'decision made' on e-CAS without first having been requested for medicals.

Salmanizak
For a pre 26 June 2010 application (which this one appears to be), with AOR as recent as 11 Mar 2011 (3 days ago), to have gone into process and see decision made on e-CAS without a call for further information, interview or medicals could possibly be deemed as bad news

I sincerely hope that Salmanizak is the victim of yet another operator error on e-CAS that will be corrected soon to 'Received by Visa Office'.

As an aside, for an April 2010 application I find Salmanizak's timeline a little stretched.

FSW1 (NOC 0213) | e-CAS: 'Decision Made' & 'In Process' | Sent 22 Apr 10 | Rec'd CIO NS 29 Apr 10 | Debit 27 Jul 10 | 120-day email 13 Aug 10 | App. rec'd at LON 21 Oct 10 | Docs Rec'd (e-CAS confirmation) 08 Mar 11 | AOR by Post 11 Mar 11

It took almost 5 months from delivery of docs at CIC (21 Oct 2010) for them to issue an AOR (08 Mar 2011). Is it taking that long these days?

In recent times, with e-CAS, post 26 June 2010 applications (full package sent with initial application) have been seeing all kind of weird things on e-CAS and I'd not be surprised if they (CIC) started to use e-CAS 'Decision made' to indicate PER. Who knows?

It's a shame that information being provided on-line is so sketchy and sometimes unreliable due to operator error.

Last edited by james.mc; Mar 14th 2011 at 11:34 am.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Quote "It took almost 5 months from delivery of docs at CIC (21 Oct 2010) for them to issue an AOR (08 Mar 2011). Is it taking that long these days?"

Just to clarify James.mc
It took four months from docs sent to London to receiving AOR for us and this seems to be the pattern for those of us who are pre June 26th applications who submitted documents after August 2010 - hence the reason for this thread being started

Last edited by Mandeville; Mar 14th 2011 at 12:27 pm. Reason: Highlight quote
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Salmanizak - I'm slightly confused at your point, are you thinking that those who have had "Decision made" on ecas are the ones who are more likely to get PRR this year or the reverse?
Also can I ask what letter the new file number begins with for those of you who have received AOR? Ours begins with E and the ecas tracker says it is not a usual file number
I think Salmanizak's point is that he suspects that those of us on the Old List of 38 are now destined to remain at the back of the queue indefinitely (like what happened to applicants pre 2008, when the List of 38 came in).

Unless despite being on the old list, their job is similar to one on the new list and they will be prioritised.

Depressing thought for us, as our occupation isn't anything like one on the new list.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

My AOR carries a new file number starting with a B.

Well, honestly I wrote in detail only to learn what exactly this Decision Made means out of the following three probables - I am quite convinced that it is not part of the e-CAS chain of errors:

1. A bad news, as no verifications have been made and medicals have neither being issued

2. May be equivalent to PER on initial check of documents received, against the BXXXXXXX number issued by CIO -

3. Good news in some way, as it may be a quick positive decision on ones file

I am looking for the best answer myself
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james.mc
In the past nobody wanted to see 'decision made' on e-CAS without first having been requested for medicals.

Salmanizak
For a pre 26 June 2010 application (which this one appears to be), with AOR as recent as 11 Mar 2011 (3 days ago), to have gone into process and see decision made on e-CAS without a call for further information, interview or medicals could possibly be deemed as bad news

I sincerely hope that Salmanizak is the victim of yet another operator error on e-CAS that will be corrected soon to 'Received by Visa Office'.

As an aside, for an April 2010 application I find Salmanizak's timeline a little stretched.

FSW1 (NOC 0213) | e-CAS: 'Decision Made' & 'In Process' | Sent 22 Apr 10 | Rec'd CIO NS 29 Apr 10 | Debit 27 Jul 10 | 120-day email 13 Aug 10 | App. rec'd at LON 21 Oct 10 | Docs Rec'd (e-CAS confirmation) 08 Mar 11 | AOR by Post 11 Mar 11

It took almost 5 months from delivery of docs at CIC (21 Oct 2010) for them to issue an AOR (08 Mar 2011). Is it taking that long these days?

In recent times, with e-CAS, post 26 June 2010 applications (full package sent with initial application) have been seeing all kind of weird things on e-CAS and I'd not be surprised if they (CIC) started to use e-CAS 'Decision made' to indicate PER. Who knows?

It's a shame that information being provided on-line is so sketchy and sometimes unreliable due to operator error.
I hope and pray there is no bad news here, but this might be one of the possibilities.

The delayed AORs are common, as perhaps due to the 26-June announcement, no or may be very few AORs were issued from London after Aug 2010. And particularly for applicants from Pakistan, there was a visa office shift from our own country to London that took around 10 months to complete.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I think Salmanizak's point is that he suspects that those of us on the Old List of 38 are now destined to remain at the back of the queue indefinitely (like what happened to applicants pre 2008, when the List of 38 came in).

Unless despite being on the old list, their job is similar to one on the new list and they will be prioritised.

Depressing thought for us, as our occupation isn't anything like one on the new list.
This is exactly how I personally think about it, though I earnestly don't want to disappoint or depress anybody around.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kaye, I wouldn't worry yet as it is easy to get into all sorts of theories when we are searching in the dark. I think we all have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed. The only pattern that I have seen on this thread is that we all seem to be receiving AOR in order of our timelines so I'm sure you will receive AOR four to five months from when you sent your docs to London. For information to help in Salmanizaks theory one way or another our noc is on both the old 38 list and the new 29 list. I'm not sure if this supports his theory or not?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kaye, I wouldn't worry yet as it is easy to get into all sorts of theories when we are searching in the dark. I think we all have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed. The only pattern that I have seen on this thread is that we all seem to be receiving AOR in order of our timelines so I'm sure you will receive AOR four to five months from when you sent your docs to London. For information to help in Salmanizaks theory one way or another our noc is on both the old 38 list and the new 29 list. I'm not sure if this supports his theory or not?
It would have helped only if the e-CAS showed 'Decision Made' Just kidding.

What is your NOC code? Doctor or Electrician? and this is something actually against my theory, if 'Decision Made' is not there on your online status.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

We did have In Process Decision Made but after sending a case specific email we had a reply telling us it was an error and now we are not on ecas any more
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:07 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote "It took almost 5 months from delivery of docs at CIC (21 Oct 2010) for them to issue an AOR (08 Mar 2011). Is it taking that long these days?"

Just to clarify James.mc
It took four months from docs sent to London to receiving AOR for us and this seems to be the pattern for those of us who are pre June 26th applications who submitted documents after August 2010 - hence the reason for this thread being started
Mandeville
Cheers for that. It really does seem to be the luck of the draw, which can work for or against applicants by quite a large margin!

I just hope that CIC London gather some momentum on all this, as it does seem there are huge unseen variables in the system at the moment.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:08 pm
All Sooked up!

We did have In Process Decision Made but after sending a case specific email we had a reply telling us it was an error and now we are not on ecas any more
Bugger!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

I hope all is well but still, this does not totally contradict with my theory, rather it supports it. Your status disappearance may be due to some e-CAS mistake, and I think it will appear back soon.

Did you try the tracker tool? and tried using your new file number mentioned on AOR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.