Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Have any "Old List" (pre-June) applicants who sent their 120 day docs to London September 2010 or later received AOR?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Have any "Old List" (pre-June) applicants who sent their 120 day docs to London September 2010 or later received AOR?
Oooh, somebody did the other day. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though!

*sorry, not much use am I?*

Edit: It was Mandeville. Phew!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to start the new thread Kaye! Mine was received at London on 21st October - no AOR, no online status change
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Good to start the new thread Kaye! Mine was received at London on 21st October - no AOR, no online status change
I can't find us at all on ECAS - should we be on there?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:08 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

It has been written elsewhere that e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) appears not to be overly reliable and has produced some weird errors/results over the last few months. In a few instances it reported for a post June applicant 'medicals received' when in fact they had not even been sent by the applicant. In another case an applicant was on e-CAS for a while and they were able to access their status, but then their record dropped off it for no apparent reason.. just vanished!

Recently somebody (applying via New Delhi) made a case specific inquiry about their status and received this from the Immigration section of Canadian High Commission New Delhi.
Not a London applicant I know, but the response below does refer to Visa offices outside Canada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Our office is aware that the online Client Application Status function that is available on the CIC website at this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en does not always give accurate case status information to clients whose applications are in process at visa offices outside Canada.

CIC is working to resolve this problem, which is due to the difficulty of transferring data between different databases.

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our last reply to you.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

PM

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde
I'll guess the greater number of discrepancies that we seem to be seeing might be down to teething problems caused by them switching over to a newer system. There are others in the forum that better know what the new system is all about.

I wouldn't read anything into not receiving AOR just yet. I assume you have proof of delivery by your courier?

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 17th 2011 at 10:20 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yes it was me Christmasoompa I received AOR on Jan 18th 2011 having submitted docs in September 2010 (My timeline signature is now showing! thank you).
Thank you Kaye5 for starting this thread, I'm looking forward to seeing all those pre-26th June 2010 applications which were sent to London after August 2010 receiving their AORs Hopefully you guys in the same timeline will add your names to this thread if you are waiting or have received an AOR since September 2010.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find us at all on ECAS - should we be on there?
Have you checked the place of birth selected is correct? I was selecting the wrong one when first trying to log on; British colonies but should have been selecting England as place of birth. Don't worry too much as James.mc says there have been errors on e-cas recently including our application which stated "decision made"! This went on just after we received our AOR and was a technical error. I haven't been on there since as the thought of more anxiety is too much! I think patience is truly a virtue on this and hopefully we will all get there in the end.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james.mc
It has been written elsewhere that e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) appears not to be overly reliable and has produced some weird errors/results over the last few months. In a few instances it reported for a post June applicant 'medicals received' when in fact they had not even been sent by the applicant. In another case an applicant was on e-CAS for a while and they were able to access their status, but then their record dropped off it for no apparent reason.. just vanished!

Recently somebody (applying via New Delhi) made a case specific inquiry about their status and received this from the Immigration section of Canadian High Commission New Delhi.
Not a London applicant I know, but the response below does refer to Visa offices outside Canada.

I'll guess the greater number of discrepancies that we seem to be seeing might be down to teething problems caused by them switching over to a newer system. There are others in the forum that better know what the new system is all about.

I wouldn't read anything into not receiving AOR just yet. I assume you have proof of delivery by your courier?
Would raising CAIPS notes request make any difference?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Would raising CAIPS notes request make any difference?
Only if they're processing your file. If not, there's nothing to show.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Hi
Sent docs end of sept no AOR and ecas has not changed.
Will update on here if i get anything
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by james.mc
We have no proof of delivery as we hand delivered and they don't give receipts. Of course, when we dropped off we thought we would get an AOR in maybe a month, as confirmation of receipt...

And nothing on ECAS - either under "England" or "Great Britain".
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And nothing on ECAS - either under "England" or "Great Britain".
That's very odd, you should be on Ecas from when your original application is delivered to CIO NS. Are you sure you are putting the right Identification Type - it should be 'Immigration File Number'?

Don't worry if you're not on there though, Ecas is doing some v strange things atm and it seems that there are very few people whose status is actually correct!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's very odd, you should be on Ecas from when your original application is delivered to CIO NS. Are you sure you are putting the right Identification Type - it should be 'Immigration File Number'?

Don't worry if you're not on there though, Ecas is doing some v strange things atm and it seems that there are very few people whose status is actually correct!
That's the "B" number, yes?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That's the "B" number, yes?
Yep. If you're putting in the B number from your 120 day email, changing the Identification Type to Immigrant File Number and putting England as the country, you're doing everything right so no idea why it's not showing.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep. If you're putting in the B number from your 120 day email, changing the Identification Type to Immigrant File Number and putting England as the country, you're doing everything right so no idea why it's not showing.
Ha ha!! Just used that genius ECAS tracker tool, and it has found it!! (We have used England and UK before; neither worked...). It is under UK.

Hello,

This is the e-CAS Tracker system at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

We can now see the details of your application on e-CAS...

Latest update:

"Your application and supporting documents were received by the London
England office. They are pending review."

And direct via ECAS...

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2010.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

Phew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.