Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by Kaye5
That is very worrying. I truly am wondering if we can stand to be put indefinitely on hold, which that seems to suggest.
Quite frankly if Canadian Immigration think so little and could be so downright disrespectful to people offering to boost their economy through hard work then I suspect they will lose many many many skilled workers and in a number of years learn that the new policy of more lower skilled workers is flawed.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of contradictory "crap" that comes from CA with regards to immigration!

My view is that if we have not had news by the end of the summer then I will apply a different way.

The thread linked to shows a backlog of almost 100,000 applications with a target of 17.5k a year to be processed, so how in hell they come up with average of 13 months for FSW applications... I think they need some skilled workers to run the immigration system properly! I would do it for free if they would get around to processing me!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

superwench will become famous soon enough

I'm now 'in process'! We submitted our documents in October 2010. Woohoo! Though it now looks like we have a wait of 12-18 months. Good god...
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!

I thought from the links posted by Sudha that they had stopped putting people into process (though what they would do for the rest of the year...? )

Did you just get that today?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Hi all,

Ours also says 'in process' but when we click on it the following shows:

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 12, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 24, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 29, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

Bit worrying about the decision made part but there is no mention of the AOR having been sent out on 01/03 and the tracker states that our file has been received and is awaiting review - very confusing!!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

This does all seem a bit odd as it doesn't just seem to be a one off error But as other people have said on this forum ecas has been doing starnge things. Did I hear that CIC are in the process of switching computer systems to a more updated system and if so perhaps we will all be put on the new system with correct status. I thought I heard the transfer was going to be around April does anyone know?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Mandeville
This does all seem a bit odd as it doesn't just seem to be a one off error But as other people have said on this forum ecas has been doing starnge things. Did I hear that CIC are in the process of switching computer systems to a more updated system and if so perhaps we will all be put on the new system with correct status. I thought I heard the transfer was going to be around April does anyone know?
It has started, but remember every CIC, CBSA, CHC, Citizenship has to be converted and the staff trained. The information has to be transferred to the GCMS system from very very old systems (Burroughs/Unisys B17s which haven't been manufactured in over 30 years) The programming was in COBOL and FORTRAN, try finding anyone today to work with these languages. I would think that it will be sometime in 2012 before GCMS is fully functioning.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graham and george
Hi all,

Ours also says 'in process' but when we click on it the following shows:

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 12, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 24, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 29, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

Bit worrying about the decision made part but there is no mention of the AOR having been sent out on 01/03 and the tracker states that our file has been received and is awaiting review - very confusing!!
Under what NOC did you apply? Did you send you application/documents completed in all respect to London visa office? Original IELTS also submitted?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

My AOR did finally arrive on Friday (11th March)! I was able to get my hands on it today though, as I was out of town
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Congratulations!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Salmanizak, I wonder if your ecas status will go into process?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Under what NOC did you apply? Did you send you application/documents completed in all respect to London visa office? Original IELTS also submitted?
We applied under NOC code 7241 (Graham's an electrician). All docs completed and delivered to London in October - as we were pre June 26th we didn't need to submit IELTS.

Congratulations on receiving your AOR!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 2:25 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
My AOR did finally arrive on Friday (11th March)! I was able to get my hands on it today though, as I was out of town
YAY - congrats on your AOR, will be interesting to see your status when using your new file number, mine said 'In Process' when checked...

One step closer for all of us hopefully
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Congratulations!
Thank You
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Congratulations Salmanizak, I wonder if your ecas status will go into process?
Thanks. My e-CAS status with the new file number still is the same; 'In Process' and 'Decision Made'
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jobop
YAY - congrats on your AOR, will be interesting to see your status when using your new file number, mine said 'In Process' when checked...

One step closer for all of us hopefully
Thanks! My CIO Ack came in around 3.5 months, and my AOR in around 4.5. I wish, pray and am very hopeful that we all with AORs now will have the Medicals in 4-6 months time. Just a broad assessment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.