Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Congrats! Let's see how much I need to wait for the AOR now :-)
BTW what is your e-CAS status showing?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by graham and george
hi all well today we finally got our AOR

It gave a time scale of 12 months to complete whole process lets just hope they can stick to this
Congratulations! I presume they meant 12 months from AOR...?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Congrats! Let's see how much I need to wait for the AOR now :-)
BTW what is your e-CAS status showing?

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you as were were only a few days behind you so hopefully not long for you now!!

When we checked e-CAS with our new file number, nothing showed but will check again on Tuesday.

Good luck
Old Mar 6th 2011, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Congratulations! I presume they meant 12 months from AOR...?

Thank you!!

You're correct - the twelve months is from the date the AOR was sent - looks like we're gonna need some new police certs now!!

All the best with your application
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you as were were only a few days behind you so hopefully not long for you now!!

When we checked e-CAS with our new file number, nothing showed but will check again on Tuesday.

Good luck
Thanks! Was the AOR delivered by regular post?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you!!

You're correct - the twelve months is from the date the AOR was sent - looks like we're gonna need some new police certs now!!

All the best with your application
At least it's some indication of how long it may take! Good luck for a speedy move through the next stage.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Updates here as well - have not received the AOR yet;

My e-CAS status has suddenly as well as simultaneously jumped to 'In Process' and surprisingly to 'Decision Made' status .

On first page of the status link, 'Decision Made' is on top while 'In Process' is mentioned below it.

Details following 'In Process' status say;

We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 17, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

While Details following 'Decision Made' state;

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Though I am aware of the e-CAS behavior these days, but this status change is not only with me. Another friend informed the same kind of status change, while his documents were received at London 2 weeks before mine
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Updates here as well - have not received the AOR yet;

My e-CAS status has suddenly as well as simultaneously jumped to 'In Process' and surprisingly to 'Decision Made' status .

On first page of the status link, 'Decision Made' is on top while 'In Process' is mentioned below it.

Details following 'In Process' status say;

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 17, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

While Details following 'Decision Made' state;

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Though I am aware of the e-CAS behavior these days, but this status change is not only with me. Another friend informed the same kind of status change, while his documents were received at London 2 weeks before mine
Our e-CAS status changed to decision made too (on our old file number) which had us a little worried. It also said that a letter was sent on 01/03/2010 (they meant 2011).

A few days later the AOR arrived by post with a new file number - will get Graham to check eCAS later as when we checked a few days ago nothing showed up.

I wouldn't be too concerned and hopefully your AOR will arrive soon with your new file number
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

The same happened to us (I think I said this on one of my earlier replies). We sent a case specific email as we were very worried and at the same time our immigration lawyer also emailed cic. The reply to both emails was that it was an error. Since then I avoided logging on but last week I could no longer resist as each person on this thread has reported going into process when they received their AOR so I logged on and can now not be found!!!!
So I thought ok I'll try the e-cas tracker system which mathewc set up -- again no trace - sigh - back to just waiting and hoping to hear something one day
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Our e-CAS status changed to decision made too (on our old file number) which had us a little worried. It also said that a letter was sent on 01/03/2010 (they meant 2011).

A few days later the AOR arrived by post with a new file number - will get Graham to check eCAS later as when we checked a few days ago nothing showed up.

I wouldn't be too concerned and hopefully your AOR will arrive soon with your new file number
Is the 'Decision Made' still appearing? (against either your old or new file no's)
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Can people on this thread confirm who amongst us still have 'Decision Made' appearing against their status; whether on first or second page of e-CAS .

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Panic over for today! My Status was showing in process from the day after the documents arrived in London.
Today, we vanished from ecas.
We have gone from GB and colonies to England and are now listed as: Received by Visa Office:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on October 21, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

As ever I am hopeful things will speed up soon, as with a quota of 17.5k applications to process in 2011 and a reduced number of FSW1 applications arriving...
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sent my documents to London on Nov 21, and my status in ECAS is In Process.

I found this thread where the applicant got reply from London CHC which is a bit concerning...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...3317.3795.html
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I sent my application FSW1 (Applying under the 38 job's list from late 2009) in mid October 2010. Ive got a signed for receipt from the CHC and since then Ive left it on the back boiler and got on with life. Heres my full timetable.

FSW1 SENT April 2010.
120 DAY LETTER July 2010
FULL APP SENT Mid Oct 2010

So, since receipt of the full App Ive had no comms from CHC (albeit i havent checked the online system) and was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and has better knowledge that i have on timescales etc etc.

thanks and good luck to you all.

Last edited by ascotbilly; Mar 9th 2011 at 3:25 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sudha
I have sent my documents to London on Nov 21, and my status in ECAS is In Process.

I found this thread where the applicant got reply from London CHC which is a bit concerning...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...3317.3795.html
That is very worrying. I truly am wondering if we can stand to be put indefinitely on hold, which that seems to suggest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.