Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Originally Posted by james.mc
That's just weird.
As far as the UK is concerned they probably need to edit the country list, as it appears whom ever is adding Data to e-CAS isn't too sure which one to add the applicants under either.

I'm listed in e-CAS as an England applicant (born in England), but based in Portugal, and yet Kaye5 (based in London ) is listed under UK and not England. It is after all, as they say in America (and probably Canada too), London, England

England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales clearly all fall under the title United Kingdom and Colonies yet CIC have England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales also listed as a separate countries as well.

Either just list the separate UK country's, or just the UK, but not both!

I feel it would be more correct for United Kingdom and Colonies to read: United Kingdom Colonies.
The rest could then be listed as England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Well, we were listed under UK and colonies - using the B no. I wonder if however you listed your place of birth/country of origin on the application has any impact on whoever is inputting it?

BTW - we are listed as In Process - which is a bit spooky as I know earlier applicants are still waiting to change to that. I am seriously hoping we are not being fast-tracked to the bin!

Such a strange feeling of limbo - my motivation to job / house search has lulled significantly now - now replaced with a feeling of fear of refusal and dread of disappointment. Think I need to forget about it for a while really, it HAS only been 3 weeks since sending docs off... still such a looooong way to go...
Anyway, good luck to all...
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by witchileiz
BTW - we are listed as In Process - which is a bit spooky as I know earlier applicants are still waiting to change to that. I am seriously hoping we are not being fast-tracked to the bin!
Don't worry about that, it's almost certain that you're another person whose status is wrong. It's happened to a lot of people recently.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Think ECAS may be playing up again,checked this morning with the new number i was given with my AOR and it says In Process,hope its right but not going to read to much into it,its the first time i v been able to log on with my new number,been trying for a week
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:06 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jamie677
Think ECAS may be playing up again,checked this morning with the new number i was given with my AOR and it says In Process,hope its right but not going to read to much into it,its the first time i v been able to log on with my new number,been trying for a week
Well they took so long to send out AOR's we live and hope that the in process status is real...

Me next please, hopefully will get AOR in the next couple of weeks??
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

matthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james.mc
Matthew
Thanks for your efforts in creating this tool. I'm not too sure if it won't become redundant later this year when the new system kicks in, but for sure it's done a sterling job so far.
I've not heard about any new system, but then I'm also not keeping up on CIC developments so much these days.

To be entirely honest, if they implement email notification at their end, I'll consider that a victory for the tracker and be happy to pack up shop. I don't get anything out of it personally except a non-trivial time sink!

I'd actually been thinking about starting a campaign to get CIC to implement email notification at their end anyway. I was toying with the idea of doing it once the tracker hits 1000 active users, which isn't far off.

Let me know what you've heard about the new system.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:16 pm
PR living in Vancouver

Whoop Whoop, we got AOR in the post today - YAY

Another hurdle and now the wait continues...
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jobop

Great! Well done!

We're only three months behind you, we might see something around May...
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

At least it one less thing to wait for,more waiting now,the joys
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matthewc
That might make for an interesting immigration policy discussion

It actually does more than just check country variations. It'll check all possible combinations of everything you give it. Alternative countries of birth, maiden name+married surname, or alternative spellings, and different identification numbers (e.g. if you have a client ID and also a receipt number).

I'm glad you found it useful, and thanks for spreading the word - it's entirely word-of-mouth.
Excellent Tool! Very Good Job
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Congrats
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Ha ha!! Just used that genius ECAS tracker tool, and it has found it!! (We have used England and UK before; neither worked...). It is under UK.

Hello,

This is the e-CAS Tracker system at https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

We can now see the details of your application on e-CAS...

Latest update:

"Your application and supporting documents were received by the London
England office. They are pending review."

And direct via ECAS...

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2010.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

Phew.
Bravo Friend
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:52 am
PR living in Vancouver

Just managed to login with my new B number from AOR and it says I am in process

Still a long wait to go though I am sure...
Old Mar 1st 2011, 8:40 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthewc

Let me know what you've heard about the new system.
Not much so far Matthew, but as it trickles through I'll drop you a line. So far they do seem to be adding new applicants to the system and updating, but in a random kind of way.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Jobop
It will be interesting to see if the wait for the next stages will be as long as the July/August AOR. There are still some from April/May I think who are still waiting. that the new system will speed things up.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

hi all well today we finally got our AOR

It gave a time scale of 12 months to complete whole process lets just hope they can stick to this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.