Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Docs to London Sept 2010 onwards - anyone got AOR?

Just checked ECAS (well, we live in hope)! We are still RBVO.

Incidentally they hold the wrong address... even though we wrote to advise new address (and have confirmation of delivery by SD) last year.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Good to see folks progressing, just wish we were too particularly frustrating as our AOR is August 2010. We were talking last night and summarized that by the time we get visas we could have got married, had a child, both chnaged jobs and address (no exaggeration as we get married in October and I changed jobs recently and we also want to sell the property...). So there will be a lot to do. My OH is the lead FSW applicant and irony is we shall be dependent on my income out there if we have a child. This Canadian system deserves an international bureacracy award - whatever it says its aiming at it doesnt achieve it. I remain positive though and very much see us settled nicely in Calgary though not until 2014 at this rate realistically.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Wasn't going to bother, but having seen LMBrian getting medicals, have just sent case specific enquiry.

Would be gutted if we withdrew FSW1 application only to see our Provincial Nominee application grind to a halt. We too could end up 2014 at this rate.

Will post reply, if we get one - a bit confused as it says they might not reply if within normal processing times.... which are....? Our AOR June 2011 said 12 months processing, but to contact in 8 months from the date of the letter.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:32 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Wasn't going to bother, but having seen LMBrian getting medicals, have just sent case specific enquiry.

Would be gutted if we withdrew FSW1 application only to see our Provincial Nominee application grind to a halt. We too could end up 2014 at this rate.

Will post reply, if we get one - a bit confused as it says they might not reply if within normal processing times.... which are....? Our AOR June 2011 said 12 months processing, but to contact in 8 months from the date of the letter.
I sent a case specific email the other day too - first one I have sent seeing as its been over a year now since AOR.

Only 3 days in and still awaiting a reply its some positive news??

Will update you if they get back to me.

Old Mar 29th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked ECAS (well, we live in hope)! We are still RBVO.

Incidentally they hold the wrong address... even though we wrote to advise new address (and have confirmation of delivery by SD) last year.
Same problem here, 6 times I have informed cic of my new address over the past 18 months and while ecas now shows my correct UK address cic are unable to tell me what address they have sent my passports/COPR/Visa.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LMBrian
Just got our request for medicals! So something is moving finally!
That's fantastic news!! we have regained hope that things are moving and as our AOR was dated 18th April we live inn hope
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Wow! Congratulations! Did you know you were even in process?!

Do you mind me asking what NOC you are in ie if you are one who is still on the List? I'm wondering if those who are still priority are being faster tracked than those who are not. We are no longer on the priority list.
Hi Kaye5

NOC 7242- Electrician is my occupation. I'm not sure if being on the list or perhaps being here already has sped up our application process. According to ECAS our application is 'Received by Visa Office'....so it's still a little behind!!

It does seem that they are looking at those applications within our timeframe though so hopefully good news for everyone soon!!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well done
We are AOR 1st march noc 7241 electrician. Hope this is a sparks thing
The wait continues
Old Mar 29th 2012, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah yes - electricians (both) still on the List I think.

Interesting that you were still RBVO though! Just goes to show, then, none of us can have any idea what is going on....

Canadian Carpers - what on earth?!! Let's hope mail redirection is working. I'm beginning to think my extra $1550 for another application might be worthwhile. Will make sure we don't move again now until the final outcome.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Still RBVO here as well...

3 months if they want to meet their target of June...
Do we think the binning of the backlog will speed itup or slow it down?
It could free up people or absorb people and $$$ processing the refunds.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes - electricians (both) still on the List I think.

Interesting that you were still RBVO though! Just goes to show, then, none of us can have any idea what is going on....

Canadian Carpers - what on earth?!! Let's hope mail redirection is working. I'm beginning to think my extra $1550 for another application might be worthwhile. Will make sure we don't move again now until the final outcome.
Originally Posted by LMBrian
Hi Kaye5

NOC 7242- Electrician is my occupation. I'm not sure if being on the list or perhaps being here already has sped up our application process. According to ECAS our application is 'Received by Visa Office'....so it's still a little behind!!

It does seem that they are looking at those applications within our timeframe though so hopefully good news for everyone soon!!
Congrats LmBrian, interesting and quite lucky for you as April AORs were no where in the picture till yet . . . .

It seems Kaye's assessment is right in a way, but somehow i feel they are overall paced-up now . . . but trust these people are truly playing with our nerves . . . nothing is clear or predictable in my view . . . . . .

I am mesmerized by another Breaking News, which I forwarding in my next message . . . . truly shocked!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Extremely Distressing!

BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

(Source and Full Story: http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canad...og-031472.html)
Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Extremely Distressing!

BREAKING NEWS

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.

Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

By the way, returning 300,000 applications and this much of amount is another process . . . . .
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Extremely Distressing!

BREAKING NEWS

That's shocking.

I might be being pessimistic maybe, but what's to stop them doing that to us too? Once rid of the pre-Feb 2008 applicants, that makes us the old backlog.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

That's shocking.

I might be being pessimistic maybe, but what's to stop them doing that to us too? Once rid of the pre-Feb 2008 applicants, that makes us the old backlog.
Frankly speaking, I fear that as well . . . .though currently I have seen emails from London visa office promising to complete M1 applications decisions by June 2012 . . . . . Let's pray and hope for the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.