Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Didnt get my re-medical in time, should I be worried??

Didnt get my re-medical in time, should I be worried??

Old Aug 20th 2021, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Didnt get my re-medical in time, should I be worried??

As above - was asked to complete a re medical within 30 days on the 16th July.

Booked a medical in for the 13/8 (local clinic only does them 1-2 days a month, they had the 23/7 and the 13/8 available 23rd I was away with work) - on the 11/8 they rang and emailed me and told me due to X ray equipment breakdown they couldn't complete the medical on that day, rang every provider in the country who had nothing for a week or so, so rebooked for the 27/8 and immediately sent a webform with the email attached on the 11th requesting an extension and explaining the issue - which I haven't had a response to.

Luckily got a cancellation in Manchester on Tuesday morning completed the medical on the 17/8.

Logged on tonight to check to see if it had said medical recieved/approved/procesing etc - to find my status had gone from "action required" to "processing" and then under medical it had changed from "please see medical request letter below" to " we did not receive your medical, please see below medical request letter"

Should I be worried? is my application potentially going to be turned down/denied because I didn't get the medical within 30 days (despite trying to, and making a booking within that time, that got cancelled due to no fault of own) - or is it likely to sort itself out? I've sent another webform over tonight but concerned they are already processing my file with the fact that my medical wasn't completed within the requested timescale

Realise some of this sits with me, I could potentially have booked another provider elsewhere in the country for the week before and had a little wiggle room, however - obviously didn't foresee such a failure occurring, and feel a bit bummed I went to the trouble of driving an extra couple of hours for a medical in Manchester ASAP if it was all for nothing.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 1:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Didnt get my re-medical in time, should I be worried??

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-progress.html

I strongly suggest that you respond to the 'medical request letter' immediately and show proof that you did everything you could to meet the deadline and have now completed the medical - upload your receipt! Check with the clinic that your e-medical file was submitted on 17th. Deadlines are pretty strict for immigration, hopefully being 2 days late won't preclude your application from being processed further.

Old Aug 21st 2021, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I strongly suggest that you respond to the 'medical request letter' immediately and show proof that you did everything you could to meet the deadline and have now completed the medical - upload your receipt! Check with the clinic that your e-medical file was submitted on 17th. Deadlines are pretty strict for immigration, hopefully being 2 days late won't preclude your application from being processed further.
The thing is, there is no contact details on my medical request letter, it just says you need to inform the IRCC office responsible if you are unable to get it booked, there is no option to upload any documents in my account - so my only way of contacting them is via web form, which I have done at the soonest opportunity (within an hour of finding out my original booking was cancelled). however I haven’t received a response (been 9 days now) which concerns me somewhat - coupled with the fresh changes in my account, making it look like its being processed without my medical being submitted.

Old Aug 21st 2021, 5:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
The thing is, there is no contact details on my medical request letter, it just says you need to inform the IRCC office responsible if you are unable to get it booked, there is no option to upload any documents in my account - so my only way of contacting them is via web form, which I have done at the soonest opportunity (within an hour of finding out my original booking was cancelled). however I haven’t received a response (been 9 days now) which concerns me somewhat - coupled with the fresh changes in my account, making it look like its being processed without my medical being submitted.
I would send them a copy of the receipt for payment from the e-Medical showing the date (if you don't have an electronic receipt or a scanner, take a photo. use the case specific enquiry form and if you have ever received an email from them, use that to send it to them as well. Which office is processing your application? If it's London then contact them using this and upload a copy of the receipt: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...mission=London "After you click "Next", you will have the opportunity to upload your document(s)."

Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

To give an update on this, I'd already raised a webform explaining I'd had it done and exactly what had gone on -(on top of my request to extend) - I didnt submit my receipt, but being honest I dont actually know where it is!

On Tuesday the other half rang IRCC from inside canada, who basically told her don't worry - the webform wont get a reply around the extension, but with COVID and delays etc, IRCC are automatically extending for remedical requests and are typically sending a second reminder for remedicals rather than a straight denial anyway, but quite often they arent sending this out till 70+ days in, and it will be sometime before its all updated online to reflect my medical being done.

Not sure how much of that I believe, but once I'm in country next week if they are accepting calls once more, will ring up to update my address and confirm everything once again.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
To give an update on this, I'd already raised a webform explaining I'd had it done and exactly what had gone on -(on top of my request to extend) - I didnt submit my receipt, but being honest I dont actually know where it is!

On Tuesday the other half rang IRCC from inside canada, who basically told her don't worry - the webform wont get a reply around the extension, but with COVID and delays etc, IRCC are automatically extending for remedical requests and are typically sending a second reminder for remedicals rather than a straight denial anyway, but quite often they arent sending this out till 70+ days in, and it will be sometime before its all updated online to reflect my medical being done.

Not sure how much of that I believe, but once I'm in country next week if they are accepting calls once more, will ring up to update my address and confirm everything once again.
Ringing the misinformation line isn't neccesarily going to help, half the time they don't have a clue - it's a call centre, they are not immigration officers manning the phones. = The Immigration and Citizenship Canada website specifically says:

As a result, IRCC will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation.
What you need to do if you still have to provide a document in support of your application
  • Check the last email or letter you received from IRCC to confirm what documents you need to provide. As it can take time to get this information, it’s important to start collecting the documents now, so you will be able to submit them on time when we ask for them.
  • You’ll receive another request from IRCC in the coming weeks or months and will have 30 days from the date you receive this new request to submit the supporting documents.
  • If your request for an extension
    • is reasonable, based on the explanation provided, IRCC will extend your deadline for an additional 30 days
    • isn’t reasonable, IRCC will make a decision on your application, where possible, based on the information we have on file, which could result in your application being refused
  • IRCC will inform you of our decision. You will not need to contact us.
  • If we don’t hear from you by the 30‑day deadline, IRCC will make a decision on your application, where possible, based on the information we have on file. This could result in your application being refused.
I suggest you check that the e-medical results were sent in by the company you used and ask for a copy of the receipt - you may need to submit that to show that you underwent the medical.- that is your proof!

Have you logged into your MyCIC account? You may be able to upload a copy there or at least send a message...
Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ringing the misinformation line isn't neccesarily going to help, half the time they don't have a clue - it's a call centre, they are not immigration officers manning the phones. = The Immigration and Citizenship Canada website specifically says:

I suggest you check that the e-medical results were sent in by the company you used and ask for a copy of the receipt - you may need to submit that to show that you underwent the medical.- that is your proof!

Have you logged into your MyCIC account? You may be able to upload a copy there or at least send a message...
Aye and I’ve read all that several times over hence me being worried and making the post.

medical centre have sent it apparently, I will ask them for a copy of the receipt tomorrow.

I log into my cic account almost daily in the hope it says medical now received, no option I can see to do anything regarding sending a message or uploading anything,only thing I can see is directions to raise a web form, which I have done with no reply (On the 11th and the 19th August). Pre the 30 day deadline there was an option to upload a paper medical if the centre wasn’t on E medical, but that disappeared when I hit the 30 day time limit.

At the end of the day, aside from another webform with the same info I’ve already submitted but including my receipt, I don’t see I can do any more. I was asked to do my medical within 30 days, the clinic cancelled it on day 26 when it was booked for day 28. That’s potentially on me for leaving it till the last minute, but couldn’t get a booking locally any sooner. I couldn’t foresee such a cancellation and told them on the day it was cancelled.

If this causes my application to be denied, I will be absolutely gutted but its done now - in hindsight I should have booked it 200 miles away for day 14 and had some wiggle room. But as it is they made a request - I tried to comply with it, but ultimately didn’t due to not having a plan B.

Old Oct 27th 2021, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

So to give a bit of an update to this saga.

(have been without a computer for a long while).

Sent a webform with a copy of my medical from the centre on it the day after the original post - received no reply.

Landed in Canada as a student in September, sent a webform to change my address, received no reply.

Mid September I rang the IRCC information line from within Canada - I wanted to ensure my address had been changed, as that was one of the options to which I should have received a reply (the webform reply states due to the Afghan crisis you wouldn't get a response unless you were under 1 of 4 options - 1 of which was contact information change, and I needed to update to my Canadian cell as well). he informed me my address was down as my old address, at which point I also asked about my other webforms - to which I was told he could see no webforms raised on my file since May!!

He advised to change details over the phone which we did, resubmit everything on 1 webform as well, referring to that conversation, which I did and got a response a few days later on saying it had all been added to my file.

Fast forward to last Friday and still no change online to medical status - for some reason I decided to get my partner to email her medical clinic which completed her medical 2-3 weeks before me, and just ask if they could send us a copy of what they sent and to confirm when they sent it. We got a very cagey response of "we sent it on September 13th(6ish weeks after her medical was done) and we've rang immigration to check and all was fine with it" which set some alarm bells ringing, logged back into IRCC website that afternoon to find my medical status had changed from "we have not received your medical" to something else, then on Monday they swapped to passed.

So either:
1) the timing was a huge coincidence.
2) the clinic have a direct line to IRCC for medicals which was super useful
3) the clinic my partner used had forgot to send her medical until we chased them.

Unsure what the take away here is, I know going forward I'd 100% request a copy of what the clinic sent to IRCC a couple of days later for a starter, and if in doubt it's probably the significant others issue not mine!