Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Sorry to hear of this disappointment. However, it does seem that you report to the Manager rather than being the manager. Unfortunately such differences do have meaning for visa officers.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

I think a bit of common sense ,Hope all goes well with the job hunt
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

[QUOTE=gandalff;10150836]
Originally Posted by Bal uk
My French is also coming along very well so I will be looking into the Quebec option.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for news.
You are right, don't give up!

Not wishing to worry you further (and you may have already seen this anyway), but Quebec have also just tightened up their process:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...s-receipt.html
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:48 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Where are you looking to move to? If you need any contacts in BC just drop me a PM ;-)
I'm looking to move to BC and would love to get some connections, would it be ok to contact you?

Thanks

Mike
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=gandalff;10150836]
Originally Posted by Bal uk
Just checked E-cas, it says;

I have finally received my CAIPS notes to determine the basis for the rejection of my application and also a reply to the e mail to CIC London asking them to look at the file again.
I am a Software Project Manager with a large company, my line manger provided a detailed report on my duties which are fully in line with the NOC code 0213 and cover them completely. According to my CAIPS notes the officer acknowledges the detailed duties but as my reference was supplied by “Head of Software Engineering” I must report to him (which I do) and I quote “he is part of a team that reports to Head of Software Engineering and therefore is not described in NOC 0213”. It goes on to say “his duties are more related to NOC 2147”. Now NOC 2147 is a computer hardware engineer. I have never even taken the back off of a pc let alone fix one at the hardware level and my degree is in Software. It’s akin to saying the candidate is applying as an electrician but because he reports to Head of Engineering his duties are more related to a plumber. Anyway his supervisor at CIC London agreed with the following statement

“I have reviewed your file and I am satisfied that the case was concluded properly. The officer was not satisfied that you demonstrated experience as NOC 0213. Rather, the officer felt the information on file pointed to your main duties being primarily those of a Computer Engineer - 2147, which is not an eligible occupation.”

I suppose the officers at CIC must be totally overloaded that they are making decisions like this or maybe they have been living in the UK too long and lost their innate sense of Canadian fairness. Anyway I have decided not to pursue the FSW route further but to take extended leave in the near future and to go job hunting in Canada though I am not sure how to start that at the moment. My French is also coming along very well so I will be looking into the Quebec option.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for news.

Wow that does sound ridiculous as of course managers still report to other people! I don't get it at all! But you're probably right, the stress and energy that you would waste challenging it would be better channelled into finding a job and at least then you kill two birds. Although I was one of the lucky people who got the 6-12 month letter I by no means feel as if I'm home and dry. The goal
posts seem to move constantly and my category is not very desirable. I should probably get motivated and look for a job too!

Good luck!!! I really hope you get there!! :-))
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I'm looking to move to BC and would love to get some connections, would it be ok to contact you?

Thanks

Mike
no problems, anything i can do, let me know.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:22 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=nerdherd;10151099]
Originally Posted by gandalff

You are right, don't give up!

Not wishing to worry you further (and you may have already seen this anyway), but Quebec have also just tightened up their process:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...s-receipt.html
Cheers Nerdhead and everyone else,
yes I was aware of the changes but I think I still qualify and I was thinking of applying to Concordia in Montreal to complete my Masters there which I believe will help with PR in Quebec. Went to Quebec a few years ago , loved the place but my French at that time was virtually zero.

All the best
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:38 am
BNT
Just Joined

BNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks, I got my CAIPS/GCMS notes yesterday. And based on the information, I got 71 points but there are some codes that I am unable to decipher such as:

PSDEC 9 21-03-2012

PS DECISION 9 21-03-2012 SC

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO RET ON: 23-03-2014 MICROLOCATOR

Can anyone help me to understand these codes and its meaning?

- BNT
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 3:09 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

A PSDEC of 9 means that your file was converted to the new computer system called Global Case Management. BFDATE is the date the file would be brought out for review if no other developments occur beforehand. Somewhere here there is a list of CAIPS fields and decision codes but 9 is a new synthetic code for the purpose above.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how up to date this is but it may help.

http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS_Codes

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BNT
Thanks Christmas for your response. I knew in the old system that a decision made before medical request was a definite rejection. Now, I observed that a decision made before medical request is not necessary a rejection. Also, there seems to be a fundamental difference between In Process and In Process with a date. I also found that many people that got a decision made while In Process with a date eventually got their medical request. While those that got a decision made without the In Process date got rejection letters. What are your thoughts?
Hi, for what it's worth, we went from 'in process' to 'in process with a date' and now we have just received med requests...all within a fairly short time. I know everyone's case is different though..good luck
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 11:50 pm
BNT
Just Joined

BNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
A PSDEC of 9 means that your file was converted to the new computer system called Global Case Management. BFDATE is the date the file would be brought out for review if no other developments occur beforehand. Somewhere here there is a list of CAIPS fields and decision codes but 9 is a new synthetic code for the purpose above.
Thanks Jim for the information. I would like to know, since my file has been converted to the new GCMS system. Can I get a GCMS report instead of a CAIPS report from CIC?

- BNT
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

bongobrad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gillan85
Hi, for what it's worth, we went from 'in process' to 'in process with a date' and now we have just received med requests...all within a fairly short time. I know everyone's case is different though..good luck
Hi Gillian 85 what was the time scale between in process with a date until you had your medicals come through. It's just that we went in to real process on the June 6th ??
Old Aug 4th 2012, 2:36 pm

Others have got their GCMS report with no problem.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bongobrad
Hi Gillian 85 what was the time scale between in process with a date until you had your medicals come through. It's just that we went in to real process on the June 6th ??
Hi..when we went in process with a date, we were asked for updated info and they allow 60 days for that to be returned them. Because I had to wait for a certificate to be re-issued as part of the updated info, I had to request a further 30 days, anyway to cut a long story short when they received the info which was early July, we received med requests on my birthday which was at the end of July ! great pressie