Decided to go for it.

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Robski366 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decided to go for it.

Hi,

After a long period of pipe dreaming and a recent recce trip to Calgary we have decide to go for it.

My original plan was to come on a study visa and then apply to stay as a friend of mine did previously. This would have killed two birds with one stone namely get me a route off the tools and into Canada. However I understand that this method has been shut down recently?

So we are booked on our IELTS exams and I am planning on applying under my trade as an Electrician via the new express system.

I would imagine that there aren't ways to short cut the system but I would appreciate any advice on how I can ensure that we proceed as quickly as possible.

For example is it possible to come over and sit the red seal exams as an alien?
or have we missed a trick on a route in?

I have read so much info recently some of it contradictory that my head is spinning so any light shed would be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 11:11 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decided to go for it.

Originally Posted by Robski366
For example is it possible to come over and sit the red seal exams as an alien?
Dressing up as an alien won't work, only earthlings are let in.

In some provinces the training authority will register you and allow you to sit the interprovincial trade exam as a visitor. You will have to prove qualifying hours. There are many threads on this, which you can find through the search function.

You apply under EE and wait. No short circuits to the system. You can also apply for a TWP if you can find an employer willing to pay the $1000 to go through the process.

Last edited by Aviator; Mar 22nd 2015 at 11:14 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 11:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Aviator
Dressing up as an alien won't work, only earthlings are let in.

In some provinces the training authority will register you and allow you to sit the interprovincial trade exam as a visitor. You will have to prove qualifying hours. There are many threads on this, which you can find through the search function.

You apply under EE and wait. No short circuits to the system. You can also apply for a TWP if you can find an employer willing to pay the $1000 to go through the process.
1. Actually there is one other route. The OP could find an employer who is willing to get a LMIA to support his PR, by a letter offering permanent employment when he is a PR . This LMIA doesn't cost the employer anything other than completing the form and the advertising.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Robski366 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your replies, I will look into the points you raise.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

I would get a copy of the electrical code book if you haven't already. Get to know the bastard inside out. Before sitting the exam.