Deadline

Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

dkskeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Deadline

Hi all,

PLease help!!!!
I need to submit all of my documents by 12/29/04; however, until these days I still havent receive my FBI background check.What should I do? Should I write them a letter to extend the deadline or just submit whatever I have..
Thank you for your time
dkskeng
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

whyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deadline

Just send what ever you have and for the part that is imcomplete, just write a letter to say that i's under process and u'll send it ASAP.....
U can also write/email FBI and tell them ur situation. They are usually nice and make it quick if needed.
Start with FBI and then see what u need to do....
Good Luc....
Originally Posted by dkskeng
Hi all,

PLease help!!!!
I need to submit all of my documents by 12/29/04; however, until these days I still havent receive my FBI background check.What should I do? Should I write them a letter to extend the deadline or just submit whatever I have..
Thank you for your time
dkskeng
Old Dec 10th 2004, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

dkskeng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whyme
Just send what ever you have and for the part that is imcomplete, just write a letter to say that i's under process and u'll send it ASAP.....
U can also write/email FBI and tell them ur situation. They are usually nice and make it quick if needed.
Start with FBI and then see what u need to do....
Good Luc....

Thx whyme.... (i bought a beer........)

i faxed letter to buffalo ask to extension. I gonna try to call FBI .. hopeful will get my Background check soooooooon...
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bro,

CALL THEM (FBI) ASAP! There direct number 304-625- 5590. Let them know you have a deadline and have to meet it otherwise your immigration will be denied. I had the same issue and this strategy paid off!

They have 2 phases. 1) They enter your stuff into the system (5 weeks typically) 2) Once in the system, they process it (3 weeks). If you have reached the second stage I am sure there will be no problems at all getting the stamped form back in a week or so.

They are a real nice and polite bunch!

PS: Make sure you get the name of the person you talk to!!! Then you can call her again in a few days to check on the status - they will let you know when it's mailed out. Remember you will have to be very proactive with them.