The Photo On PR Card

Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

BoyBilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Photo On PR Card

Hi folks:
I'd like to know, at the time of landing:

1- do i need to have the photos ready in advance for my PR Card? (since when i received my passport stamped, there was a letter explaining how should be the photos for the PR Card)

But i have heard the photos can be taken at the same time in the airport, in this case

2- I am i charged for those photos taken in the airport? if yes how much?
3- How about the PR Card itself, am i supposed to pay any sort of fee?

Thanks for your explanations
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Photo On PR Card

Hi BB

Originally Posted by BoyBilly
Hi folks:

1- do i need to have the photos ready in advance for my PR Card? (since when i received my passport stamped, there was a letter explaining how should be the photos for the PR Card)

But i have heard the photos can be taken at the same time in the airport, in this case

1. Have the photos, you won't need them but have them.
2. You have already paid for the PR card, it was in the application fee. No you don't pay for photos at landing.

PMM

Old Dec 7th 2004, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

When I landed, they told me that the photo glued to the COPR form would be the one used in the PR card. Then they asked me "did you glue that photo on there?" When I said no, the said "who did?" When I told them Buffalo, the acted suprised. They said

"we have been given very strict instructions about how these photos are to be glued on. See this one--it's crooked and off the margins here."

At this point, I produced extra copies of the photos which she attached to the COPR when she sent it in.

It did not look to me like they were set up to take photos at all. This was in the Whitehorse, Yukon CIC office, so I doubt they land too many people (the customs station where I entered had no idea what to do and sent me to the CIC office).

So...bottom line....bring extra photos if you have them.

Good luck!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Hi folks:

1) We did our landing procedure in Vancouver in October. The photos were taken at the airport in the immigration section.

2) There was no charge for the photos

3) There was no additional charge for the PR cards.

One thing though, we were suffering from jet lag and the photos reflected
that. I wear glasses, and photographer insisted that I take them off for the photo.

So if you want to have a handsome / beautiful face on the PR cards, consider
bringing your own photos taken according to the CIC's specification.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shriver9
1) We did our landing procedure in Vancouver in October. The photos were taken at the airport in the immigration section.

2) There was no charge for the photos

3) There was no additional charge for the PR cards.

One thing though, we were suffering from jet lag and the photos reflected
that. I wear glasses, and photographer insisted that I take them off for the photo.

So if you want to have a handsome / beautiful face on the PR cards, consider
bringing your own photos taken according to the CIC's specification.

Thanks to you all.

Hi shriver:
I'll be landing in Vancouver too. I take your advice and prepare the photos in advance.

But there is one thing i have a doubt about. Somewhere MrBosco in his post says, he was asked to present his own photo exactly the same as the one glued on his COPR.
Now the problem is, when i received my COPR in the embassy, there was a photo already glued on it but at the same time I was advised by the embassy to prepare some photos when landing. Since the one on my COPR is not 100% pure white in the background. Now do you think i need to present the same copies of that photo or the new one with a a pure white background?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by BoyBilly; Dec 7th 2004 at 5:08 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Thanks to you all.

Hi shriver:
I'll be landing in Vancouver too. I take your advice and prepare the photos in advance.

But there is one thing i have a doubt about. Somewhere MrBosco in his post says, he was asked to present his own photo exactly the same as the one glued on his COPR.
Now the problem is, when i received my COPR in the embassy, there was a photo already glued on it but at the same time I was advised by the embassy to prepare some photos when landing. Since the one on my COPR is not 100% pure white in the background. Now do you think i need to present the same copies of that photo or the new one with a a pure white background?

Thanks for any advice.

I would not worry too much about such details. When I took the photos for the COPR two years ago, I had a moustache. Before I landed in Vancouver, I had shaved it off. There were no queries from the immigration officers as to why I looked different.

You can use the same photos as as on the COPR ( as CIC have already accepted them ) or you could take new ones. If at the airport they don't accept any of them, they'll take your photo at the airport for free.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

vonta is an unknown quantity at this point

I Landed in Ottawa and the immigration officer told me that i would be called to a local HRDC center and my photos would be taken there. He told us that we will be getting the PR cards only after that.
But surprisingly, the PR cards were mailed to us and they used the ones which we sent for our VISA.

I would not worry too much about such details. When I took the photos for the COPR two years ago, I had a moustache. Before I landed in Vancouver, I had shaved it off. There were no queries from the immigration officers as to why I looked different.

You can use the same photos as as on the COPR ( as CIC have already accepted them ) or you could take new ones. If at the airport they don't accept any of them, they'll take your photo at the airport for free.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vonta
I Landed in Ottawa and the immigration officer told me that i would be called to a local HRDC center and my photos would be taken there. He told us that we will be getting the PR cards only after that.
But surprisingly, the PR cards were mailed to us and they used the ones which we sent for our VISA.
Hi Vonta:

When landing, did you have any extra photos with you. If yes, why didn't you use them?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BoyBilly

Hi Vonta:

When landing, did you have any extra photos with you. If yes, why didn't you use them?
The photos taken by CIC are digitized and matched so it is actually easier for Immigration to take the photos at the time of landing, because they should be right.

PMM
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi BoyBilly

The photos taken by CIC are digitized and matched so it is actually easier for Immigration to take the photos at the time of landing, because they should be right.

PMM
Thanks PMM

You know, i think when i land, i will be too tired to look so lovely in those digital photos taken in the airport. I was thinking maybe its a good idea to take the photos in advance in a relaxed mood in the mean time I can ask the photo shop to provide me with a digital copy of the same photo too, so that I can present both sorts of photos to the immigration officer at the time of landing. (developed and digital versions)
What do you think?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Thanks PMM

You know, i think when i land, i will be too tired to look so lovely in those digital photos taken in the airport. I was thinking maybe its a good idea to take the photos in advance in a relaxed mood in the mean time I can ask the photo shop to provide me with a digital copy of the same photo too, so that I can present both sorts of photos to the immigration officer at the time of landing. (developed and digital versions)
What do you think?
Not a good idea. Spend some time in the plane washroom making yourself look pretty, since your going to have live with the photo for 5 years. If you took a digitized photo, there is no way to get into the system as file. Just make your self pretty.

PMM
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasn't asked to have photos. I just brought them along. The immigration officer was unhappy with the way the photo on my COPR was attached, saying that they were very picky about it (I didn't attach it, Buffalo did). So when I showed her the identical photos I had, she attached it thinking it might save me from having to go get yet another photo taken.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:49 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Thanks PMM

What do you think?
They can put a monkey's picture instead of mine and I will be fine with it just give me the card
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MJ23
They can put a monkey's picture instead of mine and I will be fine with it just give me the card
Yes, but what if you go for job interview or apply to do studies at a univ. and they ask to see the card..........what will they think?
Old Dec 10th 2004, 2:05 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Yes, but what if you go for job interview or apply to do studies at a univ. and they ask to see the card..........what will they think?
You must be in the modeling business