Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The danger of comparing timescales

The danger of comparing timescales

Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice
Default The danger of comparing timescales

Like many people here I've been keeping an eye on where other people are in the process, when they got their various letters or submitteed their details and have then compared it to my circumstances in the hope of being able to acertain when I might hear. For example, you get to recognise certain names of posters and when they get a letter and you know that they are a week of ahead of you you think "I must be next" but then when someone a week behind you gets theirs the natural reaction is that "something must be wrong, why have they missed me out".

It's only just struck me how ill-founded that assumption is. For example, I knew that z030209 submitted his updated documents almost exactly a month before me so I really have wondered (and hopefully not gotten too jealous in the process) why he got his medical request and I have heard nothing. But then in the thread on online bank statement he mentions that he has relatives in Canada and I now I can see how that would almost certainly change everything. Now, there's no reason why z030209 should ever have mentioned this before, and maybe he even has and I missed it, but I foolishly went by just looking at the dates and made the assumption that it was possible to compare our cases when that clearly wasn't the case.

My point is, I'm really starting to think you can't just look at the dates and start to think that these give you any indication at all of when you can expect to hear anything from the CHC.

Last edited by KS2008; Mar 15th 2009 at 7:11 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:59 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The danger of comparing timescales

I think you can take it as a rough guide only. Some people have different factors that lengthen or shorten their application process, for sure!

Also, I don't know how they allocate your officer in each case, but maybe some are more efficient, or work more quickly than others, or might take a vacation or get sick something while they are reviewing your case ... who knows?!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

express01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KS2008
Like many people here I've been keeping an eye on where other people are in the process, when they got their various letters or submitteed their details and have then compared it to my circumstances in the hope of being able to acertain when I might hear. For example, you get to recognise certain names of posters and when they get a letter and you know that they are a week of ahead of you you think "I must be next" but then when someone a week behind you gets theirs the natural reaction is that "something must be wrong, why have they missed me out".

It's only just struck me how ill-founded that assumption is. For example, I knew that z030209 submitted his updated documents almost exactly a month before me so I really have wondered (and hopefully not gotten too jealous in the process) why he got his medical request and I have heard nothing. But then in the thread on online bank statement he mentions that he has relatives in Canada and I now I can see how that would almost certainly change everything. Now, there's no reason why z030209 should ever have mentioned this before, and maybe he even has and I missed it, but I foolishly went by just looking at the dates and made the assumption that it was possible to compare our cases when that clearly wasn't the case.

My point is, I'm really starting to think you can't just look at the dates and start to think that these give you any indication at all of when you can expect to hear anything from the CHC.
There is one time scale that seems to me the same on nearly all applications it always takes around two years from the AOR to receiving the 90 day letter, in lots of cases it's two years almost to the day- is this just a coincidence?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

i was thinking the exact same thing about the two years between AOR and 90 day update letter. if that's the case it won't be too long before i receivr my letter then!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

z030209 is a girl.....

i do have my fingers crossed for you though.. really i do!! im sure that you'll hear something real soon!! i do really feel for those guys who havent heard anything and im not just saying that; in fact it sometimes stops me from posting because i dont want to make other people feel bad. trust me though, i do feel for you and i honestly hope, like others, that you get your little brown envelope soon!!

umm, i hope you get something this week!!

xara

Last edited by z030209; Mar 15th 2009 at 2:40 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Gary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really nice

Hi

When you have an AOR of Jan 06 and Meds done November 08 and still no PPR you start to ignore other peoples timescales cos it gets too depressing!!

We are still hanging in there. At least they get committed people at the end of it all.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

If z030209's application is a Skilled Worker application without any arranged employment, relatives or no relatives, it will make little difference to the processing times between your cases. In fact if anything, it may fractionally slow z030209's case down if they have to spend time establishing the 'authenticity' of the relatives.

Just a variation in the way they are processing them.

Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by express01
There is one time scale that seems to me the same on nearly all applications it always takes around two years from the AOR to receiving the 90 day letter, in lots of cases it's two years almost to the day- is this just a coincidence?
No coincidence. That's a typical average for London.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bodgerx
If z030209's application is a Skilled Worker application without any arranged employment, relatives or no relatives, it will make little difference to the processing times between your cases. In fact if anything, it may fractionally slow z030209's case down if they have to spend time establishing the 'authenticity' of the relatives.

Just a variation in the way they are processing them.

no arranged employment and yes, a skilled worker with relatives in canada....

xara
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

I have long wondered if your occupation has got anything to do with it ? If you have an occupation on the LIST maybe you will be processed quicker as Canada really need the people with them skills and experience and maybe these days it is a bit more difficult to get a job- unless you are in a demand position.

Don't know if this is true, could be something simple as having all the information submitted correct and clearly. Maybe we will never know !!

JET
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

I think it would be easier to predict the lottery numbers!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by z030209
z030209 is a girl.....

Whoops! Sorry about making that mistake.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:16 pm

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JET747
I have long wondered if your occupation has got anything to do with it ? If you have an occupation on the LIST maybe you will be processed quicker as Canada really need the people with them skills and experience and maybe these days it is a bit more difficult to get a job- unless you are in a demand position.

Don't know if this is true, could be something simple as having all the information submitted correct and clearly. Maybe we will never know !!

JET
Don't think it does, both my husband and I are 'on the list' and we are still waiting for our meds
Lorraine G.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:21 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LorraineG
Don't think it does, both my husband and I are 'on the list' and we are still waiting for our meds
Lorraine G.
Yes Lorraine, we are still waiting too!

Good luck hun, fingers crossed ey?

Karen
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whoops! Sorry about making that mistake.