confused on what to do !!!

Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:50 am
Just Joined

optimistic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused on what to do !!!

friends, i am confused. some one please help here.

i submitted my PR application 1 month ago. problem is that in the past i applied for TWP, also did the medicals, but then withdrew the TWP application, reason being, my canadian employer laid me off even before i could get to canada :curse:

in PR application there is a question if i have applied for any visa application to Canada in the past, i said NO (instead of saying YES). intentionally, because this time i added some extra experience in my employer reference letters to make my claim for the NOC code more strong (of course after taking my employer in confidence). so i had a fear in my mind if i say YES, they will start comparing my this reference letter with the one that i submitted with my TWP application. so i thought i shouldn't tell them that i applied for TWP and i said NO in the PR application. now the confusions are;

1. although i have said NO, but do you think they will come to know themselves that i applied for TWP in the past, because my understanding is that they close the files once a case is complete.
2. i applied for TWP from another country (the country of my residence at that time). but now i have moved back to my native country so my PR application is in visa consulate in my home country. can they still find out that i applied for TWP in the past because this time this is a different visa consulate?
3. if at all they find that i didn't say YES, do they give a chance to explain the reason why? or do they simply reject/refuse the application?

please share some thoughts.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice
Default Re: confused on what to do !!!

I am certainly not an expert on this but here's what I would do:

1. You need to think about why they're asking the question. In this case, I would suggest it's because they want to link immigration files.
2. You never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever want to lie or mislead on any immigration form. Ever. If they ever discover it then they withdraw PR (and possibly even citizenship) and kick you out.
3. The people handling these forms are (or at least should be) humans with a fair amount of discretion. They're smart enough to work out when they should be worried and when they shouldn't be.

In this case, the reason you withdrew the TWP application is perfectly valid and through no fault of your own. In fact, I'm not sure why you were worried about disclosing it.

If you hadn't already sent the forms in then I would have suggested say yes to the question and then write a quick explanation. (In fact, in my own forms this is essentially what I'm doing to disclose the NZ WHP).

In your case, since you've sent the forms, I'd probably send a little follow-up letter saying something like, "Sorry, I forgot to say that I applied for a TWP from <country> on <date> but withdrew it on <date> because the employer terminated the position. Please add this letter to my application." If you want, instead of "forgot" you could say that you were confused by the question but felt that you should send this letter to answer it better.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

Oh, and I'd be surpised if the difference in the countries you applied from would affect them being able to find your record and working it out. All your applications would have included full name, date of birth and citizenship which is reasonably unique. AFAIK, CIC runs a global database with all of their missions so all the records can be found.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:20 am
Just Joined

thanks for your replies. so one thing is for sure that they will somehow come to know about my previous application. just like i explained in my previous post that the main reason i said NO in my PR application was because i did not want them to start comparing my employer reference letter that i submitted with my TWP application with the one that i just submitted with my PR application. the reference letter that i submitted with my PR application has the same experience as i showed in the reference letter with my TWP application, except a few additional job duties that i added after taking my manager into confidence only to make my claim stronger for the NOC code i am claimed in my PR application. my manager has assured me that if CHC guys contact him about my experience, he will fully cover me.

questions are;

1. do you think once CHC comes to know about my previous application, they will start comparing the reference letter that i provided with my TWP application with the one that i just provided with my PR application. i.e. do they compare the documents?
2. if yes, what do you think i should do in such a situation? how can i save my PR application in such a scenario? any suggestions please? the reference letter with PR application is on company's letter head with my manager's contact number and business card. and they can also contact my manager to confirm my job duties. do you think this is not going to be sufficient to satisfy them that my reference letter is genuine?
3. OK maybe i did some mistake by adding extra experience in my employer reference letter , but whatever i did has been done and there's no way back for me. now i need to think of some suitable explanation if they ask me why both the reference letters are different. i myself think if they ask me why there are some additional duties in the reference letter with my PR application as compared to the reference letter with my TWP application, maybe saying something like the following can satify them?

"In case of my TWP application, I mostly explained and elaborated my experience and job duties which were related to the job offered in Canada, so to make my TWP application and my eligibility for job offered in Canada more strong. But with my PR application, I had to claim a NOC code, so i explained all my responsibilities and duties from one to all in detail so to convince CIC that i am eligible for the NOC i am claiming for".

you think an explanationa as above may work?

i dont want to have my PR application jeopardized because of some difference of duties in both the reference letters... please give me some suggestions to help me if a situation like above arises.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by optimistic1
thanks for your replies. so one thing is for sure that they will somehow come to know about my previous application. just like i explained in my previous post that the main reason i said NO in my PR application was because i did not want them to start comparing my employer reference letter that i submitted with my TWP application with the one that i just submitted with my PR application. the reference letter that i submitted with my PR application has the same experience as i showed in the reference letter with my TWP application, except a few additional job duties that i added after taking my manager into confidence only to make my claim stronger for the NOC code i am claimed in my PR application. my manager has assured me that if CHC guys contact him about my experience, he will fully cover me.

questions are;

1. do you think once CHC comes to know about my previous application, they will start comparing the reference letter that i provided with my TWP application with the one that i just provided with my PR application. i.e. do they compare the documents?
2. if yes, what do you think i should do in such a situation? how can i save my PR application in such a scenario? any suggestions please? the reference letter with PR application is on company's letter head with my manager's contact number and business card. and they can also contact my manager to confirm my job duties. do you think this is not going to be sufficient to satisfy them that my reference letter is genuine?
3. OK maybe i did some mistake by adding extra experience in my employer reference letter , but whatever i did has been done and there's no way back for me. now i need to think of some suitable explanation if they ask me why both the reference letters are different. i myself think if they ask me why there are some additional duties in the reference letter with my PR application as compared to the reference letter with my TWP application, maybe saying something like the following can satify them?

"In case of my TWP application, I mostly explained and elaborated my experience and job duties which were related to the job offered in Canada, so to make my TWP application and my eligibility for job offered in Canada more strong. But with my PR application, I had to claim a NOC code, so i explained all my responsibilities and duties from one to all in detail so to convince CIC that i am eligible for the NOC i am claiming for".

you think an explanationa as above may work?

i dont want to have my PR application jeopardized because of some difference of duties in both the reference letters... please give me some suggestions to help me if a situation like above arises.
Why do you want to make it so complicated for yourself? I think you shouldn't have lied on your form because that COULD make them suspicious... I think what ESarge told you to do is a good idea:

"In your case, since you've sent the forms, I'd probably send a little follow-up letter saying something like, "Sorry, I forgot to say that I applied for a TWP from <country> on <date> but withdrew it on <date> because the employer terminated the position. Please add this letter to my application." If you want, instead of "forgot" you could say that you were confused by the question but felt that you should send this letter to answer it better."
__________________"
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

true, i agree. but please go through my question once again. that was about if or not CHC will compare my employer reference letter submitted with TWP application against the employer reference letter that i submitted with my PR application. the one submitted with PR application has a few additional duties to make my claim for the NOC code stronger.

any comments please
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

true, i agree. but please go through my question once again. that was about if or not CHC will compare my employer reference letter submitted with TWP application against the employer reference letter that i submitted with my PR application. the one submitted with PR application has a few additional duties to make my claim for the NOC code stronger.

any comments please
"Ah what a tangled web we weave, when we first begin to deceive."

If it is the same office there is an excellent chance that they will compare the information. You will probably have some explaining to do, and CHC will not be too pleased.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

"Ah what a tangled web we weave, when we first begin to deceive."

If it is the same office there is an excellent chance that they will compare the information. You will probably have some explaining to do, and CHC will not be too pleased.
by saying "same office", do you mean same employer? or same visa office?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:21 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

by saying "same office", do you mean same employer? or same visa office?
I would say PMM meant same visa office
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

thanks PMM and nikki dream, for your comments.

does this mean they don't compare the information if visa offices are different? or do they still compare but the chances of making such a comparison are very bleak? in my case it's a different visa office. my TWP application was submitted to the visa office of my then country of residence and PR application is in the visa office in native country.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:03 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

thanks PMM and nikki dream, for your comments.

does this mean they don't compare the information if visa offices are different? or do they still compare but the chances of making such a comparison are very bleak? in my case it's a different visa office. my TWP application was submitted to the visa office of my then country of residence and PR application is in the visa office in native country.
Hi

Im not sure, but I would guess that CIC and their various visa offices have ways of communicating with each other, I am fairly sure they work from the same computor systems.

As others have advised, I would perhaps look to update your application with a covering letter, to try and avoid any further issues at a later date

Good luck