Currently processing January 2005

Old May 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice
Default Re: Currently processing January 2005

Oh yeah - hadn't thought of that! Let's pray that it's all healed up in time (otherwise i'm going without him!!)

In the meantime - maybe i'll invest in a trampoline (and a hedgehog!)

Cheers
Batfink
Old May 4th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

According to this months Emigrate Canada they are now processing applications in March 2005.

However, they do go on to write:

"Please note that we give processing priority to files where updated information has been received.

If your application was received prior to March 2005 and you have submitted updated informationas requested, please contact the High Commission through the email form at www.canada.org.uk.

We regularly go back and process any files from previous months for which we have not received updated information, but nevertheless this can be slightly out of sequential order.

For this reason it is very important to respond with updated application forms, schedules and police certificates when requested even if your circumstances have not changed. Doing so will ensure that your application is processed as quickly and efficiently as possible."

So how come my husband and I have been missed then as we submitted our updated information on the 7th February! We did email CHC 2 weeks ago, guess we'll have to try and contact them again though and prompt them into action.

And before Andrew Miller has a go at me I'm just quoting from the Canadian High Commission pages of the May edition of the Emigrate Canada magazine.

Zoe M. xx
Old May 4th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zmartin
According to this months Emigrate Canada they are now processing applications in March 2005.

However, they do go on to write:

"Please note that we give processing priority to files where updated information has been received.

If your application was received prior to March 2005 and you have submitted updated informationas requested, please contact the High Commission through the email form at www.canada.org.uk.

We regularly go back and process any files from previous months for which we have not received updated information, but nevertheless this can be slightly out of sequential order.

For this reason it is very important to respond with updated application forms, schedules and police certificates when requested even if your circumstances have not changed. Doing so will ensure that your application is processed as quickly and efficiently as possible."

So how come my husband and I have been missed then as we submitted our updated information on the 7th February! We did email CHC 2 weeks ago, guess we'll have to try and contact them again though and prompt them into action.

And before Andrew Miller has a go at me I'm just quoting from the Canadian High Commission pages of the May edition of the Emigrate Canada magazine.

Zoe M. xx
Hi Zoe,

Yes, we saw that too and wondered at length.

It seems to contradict the official line we have had in all correspondence with CHC. In our delay letter, dated 12th July 2006 we were told: "In order to assist us, we would ask that you not acknowledge this letter, nor otherwise write to us concerning processing times."

I called Outbound Publishing, having read the doubts passed on their articles in the past. I have to say, I was dubious as to their authenticity.

The nice lady at Outbound said that: "the comments printed in the May edition of Emigrate Canada were given to the editor by the High Commission, and were intended for publication."

I'm still none the wiser, considering that CHC have otherwise consistently advised applicants not to contact them as doing so would delay processing.

I guess I'll hang on in there for now.

I can hear the sound of a bottle of red wine being opened..glug, glug - bye for now.

Simon