Currently processing January 2005

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of
Default Re: Currently processing January 2005

Hhhmmm, what is this magazine and where do i find it please??
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

[QUOTE=simon876;4694645I will be taking part in the UK Etape - a fuul stage of the Tour de France this year and I simply have to be able to get into my outfit, darling!

How do you deal with it?

Simon[/QUOTE]

How did you get to do that? There was a place up for grabs on the BBC sports web pages and I did put my name forward as my dad was an amateur cyclist who died of adult death syndrome 10 years ago, ironically whilst out riding his bike, but I haven't heard anything so assume I won't be doing it!

The tour and track cycling are still dear to my heart and I always watch it on tv. Will definitely trying to get a place to watch one of the UK stages in July. Anyway, get peddling! I did the London to Brighton and that was bad enough and that was only 60 miles - you've got another 40 or so on top of that!

Zoe M. xx
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:17 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
I will be taking part in the UK Etape - a fuul stage of the Tour de France this year and I simply have to be able to get into my outfit, darling!
Cool, you will finish about 100 metres from our house. The finish line for the UK stage is literally just around the corner. Going to be a busy day that day in our street I can tell you.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:18 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robski
Hhhmmm, what is this magazine and where do i find it please??
It's a British Magazine by outbound publishing. Here is the website for more details.

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/lifestyle..._detail-62.htm
Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
It's a British Magazine by outbound publishing. Here is the website for more details.

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/lifestyle..._detail-62.htm
Great, thanks for that.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zmartin
How did you get to do that? There was a place up for grabs on the BBC sports web pages and I did put my name forward as my dad was an amateur cyclist who died of adult death syndrome 10 years ago, ironically whilst out riding his bike, but I haven't heard anything so assume I won't be doing it!

The tour and track cycling are still dear to my heart and I always watch it on tv. Will definitely trying to get a place to watch one of the UK stages in July. Anyway, get peddling! I did the London to Brighton and that was bad enough and that was only 60 miles - you've got another 40 or so on top of that!

Zoe M. xx
About a month ago, there was a website open where you could register for a place. It took me nearly 6 hours of trying before I could get in. Waiting for a PR Visa has taught me patience.

Finally I managed to secure one of 5000 places. The route is about 120 miles - which is roughly half the distance I cycled in 16 hours last year. I and four others rode from Trafalgar Square to the Arc de Triomphe for Cancer Research. For our blog, see: http://london24paris.com/a-tale-of-two-cities/

We left Traf Sq. at 00.01 on 28th June and arrived at the Arc by 23.00 French Time the same day. Cycling up the Champs Elysee after 250 miles is quite a feeling. In all, the ride took us 22 hours (including stops) and more calories than I normally eat in a week!

I'm up to 160-170 miles a week at present and want to be peaking around 300 per week before the event. If we have news by the date of the event, I have a Canada flag cycle jersey I will be wearing with pride - after all, the event is on 1st July.

Simon

Last edited by simon876; Apr 25th 2007 at 2:03 am. Reason: Change of weblink
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Cool, you will finish about 100 metres from our house. The finish line for the UK stage is literally just around the corner. Going to be a busy day that day in our street I can tell you.
I can rely on you for a glass of something cool then, eh?

Simon
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:09 am
Analyst for hire

I can rely on you for a glass of something cool then, eh?

Simon
Sure, if we haven't sold the house on then you're more than welcome, whoever you are.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

bunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the rough

Sure, if we haven't sold the house on then you're more than welcome, whoever you are.
Joining in also for a grumble. We are also just waiting for our medical requests to come through the door. It is becoming unbearable.

Each day you come home and on the way you say to yourself (everyday), "I ain't going to look for it, I ain't", but you just can't help yourself - and yes it still isn't there.

Hopefully not too much longer.

Sharon
Old Apr 25th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bunnett
Joining in also for a grumble. We are also just waiting for our medical requests to come through the door. It is becoming unbearable.

Each day you come home and on the way you say to yourself (everyday), "I ain't going to look for it, I ain't", but you just can't help yourself - and yes it still isn't there.

Hopefully not too much longer.

Sharon
Here's a thought!

Why not use the same strategy we use when trying to get the kids to sleep. They say, "Dad, I can't sleep." We say, "Well just try and stay awake then and you'll soon drop off." - It seems to work.

So, if we all try hard to think that the Meds will not come, maybe they'll get here quicker. Or we could all pretend we are waiting for England to win at cricket. My money is on the Meds arriving.

See, it's working already - wait a moment...... was that the door? Did the letter box open? Will England win the Ashes?

Blast, back to square one. Still, I've always got paint to watch drying or some videos of England playing cricket. Zzzzzzzzzz

Keep smiling,

Simon
Old May 1st 2007, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

NAWAZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Currently processing January 2005

I applied through Kenya office i am not a brit n live in Mauritius Island
Time Line
applied july 2005
AOR Sept 2005
got a letter on jan 2007 asking for
a)police certificate
b)proof of fund
c)job description
but no medics
yeah i can undestand your frustration , most of the time i think tht australia would have been faster still i knw tht canada is the best ,OZ are still crazy.
But if in 24 months i dont get cic i will apply for australia.Yeah i want to knw any 1 in my situation and why did thoses cic guys did not ask for medics infact ppl can die b4 getting the paper it take so long :curse: :curse: :curse:

Last edited by NAWAZ; May 1st 2007 at 2:06 pm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

bunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the roughbunnett is a jewel in the rough

Here's a thought!

Why not use the same strategy we use when trying to get the kids to sleep. They say, "Dad, I can't sleep." We say, "Well just try and stay awake then and you'll soon drop off." - It seems to work.

So, if we all try hard to think that the Meds will not come, maybe they'll get here quicker. Or we could all pretend we are waiting for England to win at cricket. My money is on the Meds arriving.

See, it's working already - wait a moment...... was that the door? Did the letter box open? Will England win the Ashes?

Blast, back to square one. Still, I've always got paint to watch drying or some videos of England playing cricket. Zzzzzzzzzz

Keep smiling,

Simon
Simon

Thanks for the advice - tried it - but no luck!!! (May be the next batch of med requests are due and we are in them)....

...oh well then back to square one again I suppose

Sharon
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Hmm - tips for dealing with the waiting. Well , we've been waiting since Apr 07 and heard nothing. Finally, we decided that we were fed up with waiting and decided to decorate the hall, stairs and landing. My husband got started at the top of the stairs and promptly fell off the ladder, rolled down the stairs and tore all the ligaments in his foot. Half an hour later the postman brought our request for updated documents! We were jumping for joy all the way to casualty (well i was anyway!!!) Seems a little extreme - but it worked for us. Hmmmm how to get the med requests.............
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice
Talking Re: Currently processing January 2005

I meant we'd been waiting since Apr 05 (doh!!!). Seems my husbands fall has affected my brain!!!

Batfink
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Batfink
Hmm - tips for dealing with the waiting. Well , we've been waiting since Apr 07 and heard nothing. Finally, we decided that we were fed up with waiting and decided to decorate the hall, stairs and landing. My husband got started at the top of the stairs and promptly fell off the ladder, rolled down the stairs and tore all the ligaments in his foot. Half an hour later the postman brought our request for updated documents! We were jumping for joy all the way to casualty (well i was anyway!!!) Seems a little extreme - but it worked for us. Hmmmm how to get the med requests.............
Hey, it does seem a little extreme!

I thought that nude trampolining with a hedghog thrown in for fun was risky!

The problem is that breaking limbs and tearing ligaments, in order to bring on the medical requests, seems a trifle counter-productive!

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.