Current LMIA Processing Times

Old Oct 12th 2020, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

glsgls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current LMIA Processing Times

Originally Posted by gemmy1203
Best of luck and please keep me posted. Fingers crossed you won’t need the secondary school place!
Good luck to you too! Let me know how you get on and I’ll keep you posted on my side 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old Nov 1st 2020, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glsgls
Good luck to you too! Let me know how you get on and I’ll keep you posted on my side 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Just wondering how your LMIA application was going? Did your employer have the interview? We‘ve still not heard anything ☹️ I suppose no news is good news...
Old Nov 1st 2020, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi! No - not heard anything...yeah we are going with no news is good news too!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old Nov 1st 2020, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! No - not heard anything...yeah we are going with no news is good news too!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Fingers crossed you hear soon!
Old Nov 6th 2020, 10:45 am
Just Joined

katehul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
We have just completed the process so wanted to give you some hope. Our process was based on my fiance getting a job offer on 5th June 2020. We came from the UK to Ontario and I did everything myself, did not use an immigration agent.

LMIA submitted by employer August 4th
LMIA successful August 28th
Common Law union notarized 5th September
Application submitted 7th September
Request for biometrics 8th September
Biometrics Appointment 15th September
Request for further proof of CL Union 21st September
Temp Residency and Work Permits (Mine Open WP) approved 23rd September for a period of 3 years
Arrived Canada October 5th. Received official WPs at the airport which took about 15 minutes.
2 weeks quarantine
I got a job offer October 16th starting January 4th.
SIN Issued October 20th
Opened bank accounts October 23rd
Approved for 1 year property rental October 28th
Received Drivers License October 30th

Hopefully once you get the LMIA it should be a really smooth process. Best of luck.

Old Nov 6th 2020, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katehul
Hi Everyone,
We have just completed the process so wanted to give you some hope. Our process was based on my fiance getting a job offer on 5th June 2020. We came from the UK to Ontario and I did everything myself, did not use an immigration agent.

LMIA submitted by employer August 4th
LMIA successful August 28th
Common Law union notarized 5th September
Application submitted 7th September
Request for biometrics 8th September
Biometrics Appointment 15th September
Request for further proof of CL Union 21st September
Temp Residency and Work Permits (Mine Open WP) approved 23rd September for a period of 3 years
Arrived Canada October 5th. Received official WPs at the airport which took about 15 minutes.
2 weeks quarantine
I got a job offer October 16th starting January 4th.
SIN Issued October 20th
Opened bank accounts October 23rd
Approved for 1 year property rental October 28th
Received Drivers License October 30th

Hopefully once you get the LMIA it should be a really smooth process. Best of luck.
Congratulations on your move!! How is it so far?

Thank you for this it’s really appreciated and gives me some hope. We’ve still heard anything, our LMIA was applied for on August 28th. If you don’t mind me asking what field do you both work in?
Old Nov 6th 2020, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

katehul is an unknown quantity at this point

We had 2 weeks lockdown and then the following 2 weeks were very full on as we were house hunting and doing boring admin stuff. We were staying in Niagara on the Lake but have settled on Burlington as I will be working in Toronto (Sales) and my fiance in St.Catharines at the University so it's kind of in the middle. We actually just came back to UK for 3 weeks to empty our place ready for the renters and arrange our shipping now we have a permanent place to live as we didnt know if would be furnished or not. I think we will really like it, weather was great (around 25*) until end of October and then went really cold and snowy which was a shock as we only had light jackets! We had last weekend in Toronto and dining is now only outside due to COVID restrictions and it got too cold to do that so didn't get to see much unfortunately. One thing that disappointed me was restaurant/food quality as we eat out a lot in the UK and didn't find anything up to scratch when we were there but am sure there is a lot to find. Generally I would say living costs are similar or cheaper to UK, we are in Leeds City Centre. Everyone we met was really nice and friendly. Anything government/admin related was really easy to do even with restrictions in place. Driving really straight forward. I would highly recommend it from what I've seen.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katehul
We had 2 weeks lockdown and then the following 2 weeks were very full on as we were house hunting and doing boring admin stuff. We were staying in Niagara on the Lake but have settled on Burlington as I will be working in Toronto (Sales) and my fiance in St.Catharines at the University so it's kind of in the middle. We actually just came back to UK for 3 weeks to empty our place ready for the renters and arrange our shipping now we have a permanent place to live as we didnt know if would be furnished or not. I think we will really like it, weather was great (around 25*) until end of October and then went really cold and snowy which was a shock as we only had light jackets! We had last weekend in Toronto and dining is now only outside due to COVID restrictions and it got too cold to do that so didn't get to see much unfortunately. One thing that disappointed me was restaurant/food quality as we eat out a lot in the UK and didn't find anything up to scratch when we were there but am sure there is a lot to find. Generally I would say living costs are similar or cheaper to UK, we are in Leeds City Centre. Everyone we met was really nice and friendly. Anything government/admin related was really easy to do even with restrictions in place. Driving really straight forward. I would highly recommend it from what I've seen.

It sounds very exciting. Niagara-on-Lake is such a beautiful little town, we absolutely love it there. I would happily move there but it’s predominantly older couples and I don’t think my teenage daughter would be too impressed! My husband has a job offer just outside of Hamilton and we’re hoping to settle in Grimsby if we ever make it out there... Did you find it easy enough to find a rental property? Did you have to a larger deposit etc no credit?
Old Nov 7th 2020, 7:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A gentle reminder that we try to keep threads in the immi section of the forum on topic. If you wish to discuss 'life in Canada' related subjects, please either take it to PM or start a new thread in the main forum.

Thanks all.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, just wanted to check in and see whether you had heard anything? No change our end. The employer is trying to chase it though.
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi! No unfortunately heard absolutely nothing 😞. He said in the next 2 months and that was the start of September so it’s been another 3 months now...We are going to email his employer tonight to see if they know anything. I just think if he would have heard anything he would have let us know by now. It’s taking soooo long, it’s so disheartening isn’t it. Hopefully it’s just the current situation and we can still go with no news is good news. Let me know if you hear anything and I’ll do the same 🤞🏻 xxx
Old Dec 2nd 2020, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

So disheartening. I hope you receive your good news very soon. I will definitely keep you posted. I will shouting from the roof tops!!
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

So we heard back from his employer...he’s made another mistake with the advertising. So it’s having to be resubmit again. So we are back to square one again! We are basically back to where we were over a year ago
Old Dec 4th 2020, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

So we heard back from his employer...he’s made another mistake with the advertising. So it’s having to be resubmit again. So we are back to square one again! We are basically back to where we were over a year ago
Oh no, I’m so sorry you must so frustrated. Why didn’t the immigration consultant pick up on it before it was submitted? Will you reapply? To be honest I think we’re going to have to give up on the idea in the next couple of weeks as it’s been 3.5 years of our lives oh hold and I just can’t do it anymore. You take 1 step forward and 2 back,
Old Dec 4th 2020, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

I know that’s what I thought...surely if you are paying someone to help you that’s what they are for! The lawyer said due to covid they are apparently scrutinising things more and there was also some change to the advertising regulations recently due to covid - don’t know if that is just an excuse though as they should know about these things surely. The employer is resubmitting but we have said if we are no further along by August then we are giving up. It wasn’t meant to be. Don’t want to start my daughter at high school then pull her out to start another new
school.

So if we aren’t there or on the way by August then we will give up. It will be 2 years by then anyway...I can’t imagine how you feel going through it for so much longer already than us. Hopefully you will get better news than we got though! Good luck 🤞🏻