Current LMIA Processing Times

Old Oct 11th 2020, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Current LMIA Processing Times

Still here and still waiting for entry to Canada... my husbands prospective employer reapplied for an LMIA for a temporary work permit (plumber) on the 23rd August. Has anyone else received an LMIA recently and how long did it take? We’ve been trying to emigrate for the last 2.5 years now and I’m ready to give up.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current LMIA Processing Times

Originally Posted by gemmy1203
Still here and still waiting for entry to Canada... my husbands prospective employer reapplied for an LMIA for a temporary work permit (plumber) on the 23rd August. Has anyone else received an LMIA recently and how long did it take? We’ve been trying to emigrate for the last 2.5 years now and I’m ready to give up.
Usual processing time is about 3-4 months, so you're well within that at the mo, and there could be delays due to Covid. What happened to the LMIA that was applied for in January?
Old Oct 11th 2020, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

glsgls is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also waiting for one to come back...it was submitted just before lockdown - end of Feb 😫
Old Oct 11th 2020, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Usual processing time is about 3-4 months, so you're well within that at the mo, and there could be delays due to Covid. What happened to the LMIA that was applied for in January?

Fingers crossed 2021 will be our year 🤞🏼The employers first application was rejected due to not sufficiently advertising nationally but we were not advised as the man dealing with our application left.. everything has been resubmitted and we’ve been assured everything is now in place.

Last edited by gemmy1203; Oct 11th 2020 at 6:53 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glsgls
We are also waiting for one to come back...it was submitted just before lockdown - end of Feb 😫
Oh no how frustrating. Is it a Skilled Worker or Trades LMIA that you’re waiting for? The skilled trades LMIA used to be 10 working days before COVID 😩
Old Oct 11th 2020, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Our is for a trades application. His employer did the same - made mistakes last year with the advertising so had one rejected. He’s got an immigration lawyer doing it this time so he hopefully doesn’t loose money again and we hear back soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Just had to pull out of our house sale too because we can’t give timescales for completion...
Old Oct 11th 2020, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Our is for a trades application. His employer did the same - made mistakes last year with the advertising so had one rejected. He’s got an immigration lawyer doing it this time so he hopefully doesn’t loose money again and we hear back soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Just had to pull out of our house sale too because we can’t give timescales for completion...
Could you not rent somewhere for 6 months? Seems such a shame to pull out. Is your LMIA for temporary work permit or part of a permanent residency application? I never realised it would be just a long process. We moved in my in laws just for 6 months Whilst everything went through 2 years ago... We’ve started looking at buying a new property here simply because we need move out but my husband has his heart set on Canada and won’t give up! 😩
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

We were contemplating renting somewhere but just thought if anything goes wrong and we don’t get to Canada we would be gutted we sold. Our buyer was initially happy to wait - but then said she had to be in before Christmas so we’ve had to let her go. Our plan was to head over with a TWP initially then put in for PR when we got over there. I thought the LMIA would mean we could apply for PR and TWP in the meantime but I read this week that we can only do that if the employer has applied for a dual intent LMIA?? So we’ll have to check that now 🙁. We were the same - I thought we would be there long before now! It’s so frustrating.

Aww god 2 years ago 😔 surely not much longer now then for yous...hopefully 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

We were contemplating renting somewhere but just thought if anything goes wrong and we don’t get to Canada we would be gutted we sold. Our buyer was initially happy to wait - but then said she had to be in before Christmas so we’ve had to let her go. Our plan was to head over with a TWP initially then put in for PR when we got over there. I thought the LMIA would mean we could apply for PR and TWP in the meantime but I read this week that we can only do that if the employer has applied for a dual intent LMIA?? So we’ll have to check that now 🙁. We were the same - I thought we would be there long before now! It’s so frustrating.

Aww god 2 years ago 😔 surely not much longer now then for yous...hopefully 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I think once you’re out working there our understanding from an immigration consultant was that it becomes much easier to get PR. What province are you applying for? We’ve applied for Ontario. It’s been so long for us, people have stopped asking what’s happening as they’ve assumed we’re staying put now 😂
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Haha I know the feeling - people have stopped asking us too, and it’s only been just over a year when my husband accepted the job. We are applying to BC. Husbands got a job on Vancouver Island. His employer has been told by his lawyer he should be getting an interview over the phone from service Canada at some point in the next month...I’m not sure how they know this or if they are just assuming he will but I’ll let you know if/when we hear back. Just had to apply for high school for my daughter too as god knows what the next 12 months will bring!!
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked into FSW Trades Express Entry? If you have a valid job offer OR a Certificate of Qualification from the Province you are hoping to go to (and work in) - you would meet the requirements.. you just need to ascertain your points and then gather everything you need and apply and keep your fingers crossed!
Christmasoompa explains how to assess your points in our wiki: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration
and for the EE Trades application requirements - see here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

Is the employer nominating him for BC Provincial Nomination? If so, he could get a work permit that way too, so he could work while the application for Permanent Residency is processed! (either paper based or Express Entry) https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...Skilled-Worker

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 11th 2020 at 9:39 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Haha I know the feeling - people have stopped asking us too, and it’s only been just over a year when my husband accepted the job. We are applying to BC. Husbands got a job on Vancouver Island. His employer has been told by his lawyer he should be getting an interview over the phone from service Canada at some point in the next month...I’m not sure how they know this or if they are just assuming he will but I’ll let you know if/when we hear back. Just had to apply for high school for my daughter too as god knows what the next 12 months will bring!!
Best of luck and please keep me posted. Fingers crossed you won’t need the secondary school place!
Old Oct 12th 2020, 8:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no how frustrating. Is it a Skilled Worker or Trades LMIA that you’re waiting for? The skilled trades LMIA used to be 10 working days before COVID 😩
That was the quoted processing time, but I don't think I've ever known an application take 10 days or less!

Fingers crossed 2021 will be our year 🤞🏼The employers first application was rejected due to not sufficiently advertising nationally but we were not advised as the man dealing with our application left.. everything has been resubmitted and we’ve been assured everything is now in place.
Ah, that's why I asked - a previous rejection may mean this application is scrutinised more, so could mean it'll take a wee bit longer.

Would you rent your house instead? Might be easier and personally I'd always advise you don't sell up if you're only moving on a temporary visa. God forbid, but we've seen so many people over the years move then be made redundant etc, and have to return to the UK. If you rented then you'd have something to return to if needed, and could then sell if/when you get PR.

I think once you’re out working there our understanding from an immigration consultant was that it becomes much easier to get PR.
It'll give you more points under EE once you have done a year working there, but obviously depends on your original point score as to whether or not it's enough, depends on how far off the cut off you are to start with. But hopefully if you're applying under FST then it'll give you enough points to get PR. PNP is another option, but Ontario is one of the trickier provinces, again once there working it will help though and hopefully the employer will be prepared to pay and jump through hoops to keep your OH.

Best of luck to both of you.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Have you looked into FSW Trades Express Entry? If you have a valid job offer OR a Certificate of Qualification from the Province you are hoping to go to (and work in) - you would meet the requirements.. you just need to ascertain your points and then gather everything you need and apply and keep your fingers crossed!
Christmasoompa explains how to assess your points in our wiki: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration
and for the EE Trades application requirements - see here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

Is the employer nominating him for BC Provincial Nomination? If so, he could get a work permit that way too, so he could work while the application for Permanent Residency is processed! (either paper based or Express Entry) https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...Skilled-Worker
Yeah we would be looking at Trades EE and the plan was to apply for PNP when the LMIA came back. But we never thought to ask which LMIA he was applying for. Employer is aware we plan to stay if we can (visa dependant obviously) so I’m hoping the dual intent LMIA has been applied for. I need to check this. As without it we would need a years work experience in Canada for enough points. So I think the plan is to hopefully get there with the work permit and then look at PR, or apply from here if it’s the dual LMIA!
Old Oct 12th 2020, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Would you rent your house instead? Might be easier and personally I'd always advise you don't sell up if you're only moving on a temporary visa. God forbid, but we've seen so many people over the years move then be made redundant etc, and have to return to the UK. If you rented then you'd have something to return to if needed, and could then sell if/when you get PR.

Best of luck to both of you.
We have been in 2 minds about it. I know it makes sense to rent it but with the way things are going economy wise I would be worried I’d end up with tenants not able to pay rent and then 2 lots of houses to pay for (Canada and UK) and so for peace of mind (and obviously to have the equity as security incase we needed it) we decided to sell...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.