Criminal record question

Old Feb 1st 2023, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record question

IMHO if you have No Trace on an ACRO then that should be the end of it.
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

ribblerider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
IMHO if you have No Trace on an ACRO then that should be the end of it.

Ok thank you. Just waiting for this to be processed now for an ETA. Hopefully fairly soon.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

JellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
From the info in your other thread (ecstasy as well as cannabis) that means he'll definitely need rehab. If there's any doubt he can do an 'info only' app but tbh I think that would be a waste of time from what you've said previously. So would just get cracking with rehab, but tell the employer and make sure they're aware it can take a long time. Hopefully they'll be prepared to wait for him.

Best of luck.
So, the ACRO has come back today showing no live trace. He is going to upload that as requested, along with the SAR paperwork which shows DUI and also includes the court printout. I don’t know what else to do about the other offences as they have not come up despite the request for everything held on him.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 4:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JellyBellyBean
So, the ACRO has come back today showing no live trace. He is going to upload that as requested, along with the SAR paperwork which shows DUI and also includes the court printout. I don’t know what else to do about the other offences as they have not come up despite the request for everything held on him.
The other offences may no longer be on file. That long ago they could well have been weeded and thus deleted from his record. I can't speak so surely about the fines, but I would say that is certainly the case with the charge that was admonished.
(I used to work with wweding criminal records back in the UK)
Old Feb 9th 2023, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

JellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond reputeJellyBellyBean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The other offences may no longer be on file. That long ago they could well have been weeded and thus deleted from his record. I can't speak so surely about the fines, but I would say that is certainly the case with the charge that was admonished.
(I used to work with wweding criminal records back in the UK)
Thanks Pollyana, that’s useful info. Having spoken further to him about the possession charges, he tells me that he didn’t have to go to court for either of them, just got a piece of paper at the time from the police and thinks he had to pay a fine. That’s his recollection anyway, but as both were around 25 years ago he doesn’t remember exact details. I guess will just upload what we have and wait for a decision/further instructions.
Old Feb 16th 2023, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Just a wee update and thanks to everyone who has offered advice. We submitted the ACRO and requested documentation and have just had eTA approval come through today. Woohoo!!

Really pleased as he was feeling that it would probably be denied and then he would have to apply for rehab. He may have just been fortunate, but glad he was totally honest and got the positive result.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

ribblerider is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a wee update and thanks to everyone who has offered advice. We submitted the ACRO and requested documentation and have just had eTA approval come through today. Woohoo!!

Really pleased as he was feeling that it would probably be denied and then he would have to apply for rehab. He may have just been fortunate, but glad he was totally honest and got the positive result.

Excellent news. The whole process can be stressful! Huge weight off shoulders for sure and always best to be honest. Especially if plans to emigrate.
Old Feb 18th 2023, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! He was right to be honest, now he doesn't have to worry at all.

Enjoy your trip.