Criminal record ???

Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record ???

have a few convictions from 20yrs ago,for assault and i got a letter back from CIC stating that i was ADMISSIBLE to Canada
I did this as a last check before i get on the plan
All this stuff you can go, you can not go load of tosh I am going

see above this is a quote from one of your previous posts fastlane so im baffled as to why you are asking???
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:24 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley

see above this is a quote from one of your previous posts fastlane so im baffled as to why you are asking???
I think from his "previous" posts I SMELL A TROLL
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ive just had a look at the australian chc site and crim rehab is only 4 to 6 weeks
perhaps it would be quicker to go through the immigration system for OZ become and OZ citizen and then apply for chc rehab there rather than wait for London
Australian immigration works very differently - there is no such thing as rehab in the same way that there is for Canada. You need to declare everything, it may then be referred to a character assessment unit, whoi may ask for more info. This part of the process alone can take months, without the momnths for the application to be processed as well. Also for Canada you apply for rehab first, in Aus you have to put in the police check and then they consider what to do - so you may lose your whole application fee if you are rejected on the grounds of your record.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

tda how old are you now? and how old were you at the time of each offence?

what questions are asked on your sutdy permit re any cautions/convictions?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

polly I was looking at the Canadin high commsion of australia purely for entry to canada and comparing wait time for the rehab process to canada only

eg if you arre an australian wanting to enter canada the wait is 4 to 6 weeks
if you are a brit the wait is a squillion life times
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:49 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Hi Chumley

I have spoken (or typed!!) to you before on this subject but have only just clocked that you sent in your rehab application back in June . Have you chased them up on this yet or heard anything at all from them? It seems ludicrous that you have sent this form off and are just sitting, waiting.....waiting......more waiting.

I sent OH's off in early July, though not full application, just to see if he is inadmissible class, and we received it back in early September due to missing documents. One thing that was weird, was that the letter they sent back with it was dated late July but didn't get to me until early September. How weird is that - what was happening with it for a month do you think? Maybe yours is just sitting waiting to be posted. Is there any way you can chase it up?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubie that gives me some hope that they are a least alive in chc

i have chased it twice once by email and i got a reply saying it will take a long time but no indication of how long:curse:

second time we sent a specail deliver ltter with new police check and a letter from a uk lawyer and no reply to this at all
unbelivable re yourletter dated july and you getting it in september what is going on there!!!!!
will pm you
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

tdastrand is an unknown quantity at this point

tda how old are you now? and how old were you at the time of each offence?

what questions are asked on your sutdy permit re any cautions/convictions?
Thanks for your response chumley

I am 21 now.

I was 16 at the time of the Caution, 19 at the FPN.

Edit: Question states:

Have you or any member of your family ever: Committed, been arrested or charged with any criminal offense in any country.

Last edited by tdastrand; Sep 16th 2008 at 1:23 pm. Reason: Forgot to include question
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=criminal

found this thread thought it might also be usefull
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Arrona
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=criminal

found this thread thought it might also be usefull
Thanks for the link.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tdastrand
Thanks for the link.
no problem, i am trying to work out how things will go for my husband as he has a conviction from 22years ago when he was 18.
its true what they say the past always comes back to haunt you
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:58 am
Just Joined

no problem, i am trying to work out how things will go for my husband as he has a conviction from 22years ago when he was 18.

No doubt!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Now I'm confused LOL

My convictions have an equivalent Canadian maximum conviction term of less than 10 years, plus over 10 years have passed since I was convicted....so my convictions have been deemed rehabilitated according to the link below, so no full rehab application required for me

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/c...ion.asp#deemed

It seems cut and dry to me, however I've written to immigration in London for clarification
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:38 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

One conviction 22 years ago, depending how serious it was should be deemed rehabilitated now should it not? That's how I understood it reading the posts anyway.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I think you need to cross ref the UK sentence against the equivalent Canadian sentence to find out what you would have been sentenced to if you had been sentenced in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.