Wikiposts

Criminal record ???

Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Bricklayer u.k will become famous soon enoughBricklayer u.k will become famous soon enough
Default Criminal record ???

please could you give me all your advice please and thoughts,,, iv tried the CIC website and no joy..

I am wanting to get the 2 year work permit, i have a sponsor,just thought id ask what everyones thoughts are.

I have pleaded guilty too both

1. Entering a sports ground under the influence of alcohol(I was at football away match and didn't even know of this law)
Huddersfield 2004

2 Section 5 Preston 2006( I swore at a police officer and got arrested under section 5)

These are very minor offences I would consider. but i am worried what the CIC might say.

I am 24 by the way

I could also get a character reference`s from a police oficer, financial advisor and a barrister if that could help me.

These are very minor offences I would consider.

I really want to start planning for Canada.

please help
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:30 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record ???

Hi

I'm not sure if the issues you have mentioned will cause any problems to you, however in order that some of the experts on here can assist you , it would be beneficial if you could provide a bit more info, ie were you convicted, what penalty you received etc.

Hopefully with this info you will be able to get some more specific advice.

I agree these things are fairly minor but it depends what the equivalent offences are in Canada as to the impact it could have on you.

Good luck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in the same boat, although mine were in 1990/91

To enter or apply for anything you'll need to apply for rehabilitation

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp

and you'll need a Police Certificate to apply for the above

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Good luck

Last edited by spaceace; Sep 9th 2008 at 8:46 am.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

you probably wont be eligible to apply for rehabiliation as 5 years must have passed since end of any sentance.

act quickly if I were you and send an for info only rehab request only other option is a temp resident permit ( not visa) but you need a very good reason to be in canada to back this up eg got to be in canadas interest to have you there.

good luck
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chumley
you probably wont be eligible to apply for rehabiliation as 5 years must have passed since end of any sentance.

act quickly if I were you and send an for info only rehab request only other option is a temp resident permit ( not visa) but you need a very good reason to be in canada to back this up eg got to be in canadas interest to have you there.

good luck
u need to say more, football grounds and what happen, spending a night in cell and were u convicted, those sort of things, well why dont u apply for a police report and weigh it 1st.. rehab i hear is after 5 yrs of the criminal offense, it might not be a criminal offense but a caution which i am sure is different from a criminal offence, good luck
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Im not 100% sure,but if I recall if you receive a fine with whatever other charges,the fine takes 5 years to become spent.
UP THE TERRIERS
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:03 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bflava
u need to say more, football grounds and what happen, spending a night in cell and were u convicted, those sort of things, well why dont u apply for a police report and weigh it 1st.. rehab i hear is after 5 yrs of the criminal offense, it might not be a criminal offense but a caution which i am sure is different from a criminal offence, good luck
Re the above I believe there have been discussion on here before as to what consititues a conviction. From what I understood a caution is an admission of guilt for the offence and therefore could still be viewed as a
conviction from CIC point of view.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

yes caution jut the same in cic eyes
so you have to go through the procedure have a good look on the cic site everything you need plus application forms etc is there

good idea to get a letter from a uk lawyer to add to your application explaining your sentance and uk spent rules etc

you will need at least 3 character letters from folk of good standing, police check, court records and a good comperhensive spiel about why you are rehab and why you did what you did etc
good luck
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Hi, I agree with chumley with regard to references etc, we sent in 4! If you read some of my threads you will see it takes a long, long,long time to process and then the B******* misplace your application!!:curse::curse::curse:

Get your criminal record sent off ASAP and see what it comes back as. and go from there.
My OH has convictions from almost 24 years ago and was fined, AND they where still on his record............I was informed by the police that all convictions are kept on file until reach your 100th birthday! Dare say someone will be along to tell me I am wrong??

good luck with your plans

Sue
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I don't remember seeing a requirement to send in any character references ?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5507E.PDF

spaceace I suggest you get at least 3 letters together and sent off to chc asap to add to your application

when did you apply for your rehab as Im trying to get timelines from others

good luck everyone
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

I've not sent my rehab application off.

I don't have any copies of my convictions, which were non-custodial, so I've applied for a Police Certificate which I'm hoping will list my convictions, fines and dates.

Would;
a Police Certificate +
a detailed description of each offense +
a reason why I consider myself rehabbed

be enough ?

I'm now worried that other than the Police Certificate I wont have enough evidence of convictions
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

I have just found this thread and now wee bit concerned to what is regarded serious i was fine dand charged at 18yrs age drunk disorderly and assult was fined but since then nothing except driving (speeding points) this is all on my report but was nearly 22years ago (nearly 40)will this be problem as called our immigration solicitor was told send report only to him and their attorneys will look over to see as past rehab stage time limit ,family already in canada with WP hopefully this will not end our dream
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace you have to apply to the court where you were convicted for a copy of the court records and you also have to prove any sentance has been completed eg fines paid which you can also get from the court
police cert is not enough evidence

some courts charge some dont
in my husbands case just a simple phone call got us all the doucments within days and it was free ( his was a dui over 10 years ago)

you also need plenty of character evidence from folk of good standing and each letter must mention what you did and that you have been a pillar of society eversince etc

you also need to provide copies of both canadian and british law satutes
what was your crime?

if you are stuck im happy to assist
have a good read through the rehab application form and guidance it tells you exactly what you need to do

mart
please dont give up, your dream is not over but you will have a few hoops to jump though
the assualt charge is very likely to mean that you cannot be deemed reahab even after 10 years but there are ways around it

you need to be applying for rehab asap

remember folks its not what sentance you get in uk its what the max sentance would be in canada
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley, many thanks for your help.

Just when I thought I had all the bases covered, up pops another one LOL.

My convictions were 18 years ago, so I've forgotten where, when etc. Once my Police Certificate comes through, it should tell me which courts to contact.

Is there a Canadian site where I can cross reference my convictions ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.