Couple of questions

Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:00 pm
Alt

Question Couple of questions

Could I ask the experts on this site to be good enough to answer the following questions:

I am considering emigrating (surprise!) and would like to know if my job could be a problem even if I meet the points criteria. I am in the IT sector and have heard that the job market for IT professionals in Canada is poor. (Anyone knows this to be correct or point me to a relevant site?)
Furthermore, if I applied tomorrow (application takes approx. 24 months) and he point threshold is increased would I be considered on the original points system or he new one? It could in theory mean that I will lose my fees with no chance of success.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Couple of questions

Nobody can predict what will be the IT job market tomorrow, so forget about any predictions 2 years from now.

If pass mark changes before your visa is issued then you will be subject to the new pass mark, regardless what it was when you applied.

Originally Posted by Alt
Could I ask the experts on this site to be good enough to answer the following questions:

I am considering emigrating (surprise!) and would like to know if my job could be a problem even if I meet the points criteria. I am in the IT sector and have heard that the job market for IT professionals in Canada is poor. (Anyone knows this to be correct or point me to a relevant site?)
Furthermore, if I applied tomorrow (application takes approx. 24 months) and he point threshold is increased would I be considered on the original points system or he new one? It could in theory mean that I will lose my fees with no chance of success.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:26 pm
DEVILS work is never done

Hellboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nobody can predict what will be the IT job market tomorrow, so forget about any predictions 2 years from now.

If pass mark changes before your visa is issued then you will be subject to the new pass mark, regardless what it was when you applied.

Thank you for your insight Mr Miller, may I applaud you on the level of advice you provide on this forum.
Your last answer did worry me slightly as I have recently applied for PR based on the new points system. My points tally in 72 as a skilled worker. In order to expedite matters I did not include Aunts/Uncles living in Canada.
If the point score is changed back to 75 prior to me receiving my visa, am I to believe that I will be refused. Is there any historical precedence for this? Would this not cause some form of uproar from current applicants.
Clarification of this matter would be appreciated. Otherwise I’ll be spending 24 months with my fingers crossed even tighter.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Just submit evidence of having uncles and aunts in Canada - (1) their status in Canada (PR Card or Canadian passport) **and** (2) set of birth certificates showing that they (or just one of them) has same parent or both parents as you have listed in your birth certificate **and** (3) evidence of claimed relative(s) living in Canada (lease/rent contracts, letter from employer or payroll stubs, school attendance record, utility bills, etc.).

Do it ASAP to put your mind out of fear...

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Thank you for your insight Mr Miller, may I applaud you on the level of advice you provide on this forum.
Your last answer did worry me slightly as I have recently applied for PR based on the new points system. My points tally in 72 as a skilled worker. In order to expedite matters I did not include Aunts/Uncles living in Canada.
If the point score is changed back to 75 prior to me receiving my visa, am I to believe that I will be refused. Is there any historical precedence for this? Would this not cause some form of uproar from current applicants.
Clarification of this matter would be appreciated. Otherwise I’ll be spending 24 months with my fingers crossed even tighter.