Too Excited!!

Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Olala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too Excited!!

Hi Everyone, I am new to this site. I actually found it from the internet this morning, and it is awesome!!A lot of info, and good people. I wish I have found out this earlier.

Anyways, I have also applied for the canadian PR as a lot of you have. And I was thinking to read thru and get more info today. However, when I came back from work, I got what I have been waiting for, the letter that requests passport in the mail!! I am really excited...

I am not sure if this is actually a record, I check my status online everything, and my "medical results have been received" was updated yesterday, and one day later, I got the request. So I hope you all good luck, and just be patient, you will get what you want.

Here is my timeline:

Send out my application in July 2004, and they started the end of the month.
Got second letter after one month, end of August, 2004. 1 week later, got the letter asking for medical exam(finger print was done in July before my application),and medical exam completed in Sep 10th, 2004. One and half month later, I got the passport request. I think this is really fast, the whole process took just about 3 months.

Good luck everyone.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:03 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Too Excited!!

It would be nice if you would provide the following info:

1. category applied under

2. visa post

3. your nationality

4. countries you resided in

3 months processing time in most classes is unheard of (in most visa posts) and you may be accused by many participants of spreading legends here.

I can only think of 2 maybe 3 visa posts (and relevant nationalities) that under certain lucky circumstances may be that fast.

Originally Posted by Olala
Hi Everyone, I am new to this site. I actually found it from the internet this morning, and it is awesome!!A lot of info, and good people. I wish I have found out this earlier.

Anyways, I have also applied for the canadian PR as a lot of you have. And I was thinking to read thru and get more info today. However, when I came back from work, I got what I have been waiting for, the letter that requests passport in the mail!! I am really excited...

I am not sure if this is actually a record, I check my status online everything, and my "medical results have been received" was updated yesterday, and one day later, I got the request. So I hope you all good luck, and just be patient, you will get what you want.

Here is my timeline:

Send out my application in July 2004, and they started the end of the month.
Got second letter after one month, end of August, 2004. 1 week later, got the letter asking for medical exam(finger print was done in July before my application),and medical exam completed in Sep 10th, 2004. One and half month later, I got the passport request. I think this is really fast, the whole process took just about 3 months.

Good luck everyone.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Andrew: Sure, I will provide more info, and hopefully others will benefit from it.
1. Skilled worker(but provincial nominee)
2. I recently graduate from canadian university with bachalor degree(my first degree),and currently holding a work permit with a job offer.
3. Chinese

3 months processing time does sound crazy, but I think it might be the fact that I almost have no background check reqired which accelerated the whole thing.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It would be nice if you would provide the following info:

1. category applied under

2. visa post

3. your nationality

4. countries you resided in

3 months processing time in most classes is unheard of (in most visa posts) and you may be accused by many participants of spreading legends here.

I can only think of 2 maybe 3 visa posts (and relevant nationalities) that under certain lucky circumstances may be that fast.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:32 am

Thanks,

but you still didn't tell us which visa post you applied through.

And also which Province you were nominated by and how long it took you to get the PNP certificate?

Hi Andrew: Sure, I will provide more info, and hopefully others will benefit from it.
1. Skilled worker(but provincial nominee)
2. I recently graduate from canadian university with bachalor degree(my first degree),and currently holding a work permit with a job offer.
3. Chinese

3 months processing time does sound crazy, but I think it might be the fact that I almost have no background check reqired which accelerated the whole thing.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it is actually buffalo office...(hard to believe). by the way, I have MB Nominee, and it took 5 months the get the approved by MB.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:57 pm

Still extremely fast for Buffalo, even in PNP case. Congratulations!!!!

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it is actually buffalo office...(hard to believe). by the way, I have MB Nominee, and it took 5 months the get the approved by MB.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Everything felt like a dream!!
Also want to say thank you for your kindly help in the forum.